“Comfortable but poor hygene standards” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Tafilalet

Le Tafilalet
Ranked #452 of 504 Hotels in Marrakech
Devon
“Comfortable but poor hygene standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

I stayed at this hotel last week with a University trip and it was great for accomodating over 20 of us. The location was slightly out of town so a taxi was needed to get to the old town (20 dirams should do it, but you have to bargin it out). There is a bank within walking distance so use the outdoor exchange machine there for changing money (they'll do it in the hotel but it will cost you more).

Hotel staff were very pleasant on the whole (although we asked for an extra pillow and blanket on our second night & were firstly brought towels, then (after pointing to what we needed) were brought a blanket and a quilt then (third time lucky) were brought a cushion from a sofa!! - I think this may have had more to do with a communication problem than anything else!). It took a few days to get our light fixed - they will only do this when you're in the room so if you have a problem don't wait until you're on your way out of the hotel to tell them. Our light was fixed at 11.30pm when we came back from a night out!

The room was a large size with plenty of wardrobe space and the beds were comfortable and clean. Our fridge was turned off and contained a half empty bottle of water so obviously hadn't been checked in some time. The bathroom was of a large size with shower, bath and bidet however the floor didn't look like it had been cleaned in a while, there were hairs etc on it and walking around in the room one night gave me black feet so I can presume that hadn't been cleaned for some time, either.We were on the ground floor and it was very noisy, when people walked past, talking they could have been in the room.

There is a small gift shop (which I reccomend you to look around before hitting the souks as it's a good price indicator and has much of the same as you'll find down town). The pool area was nice and peaceful and you can take meals outside also. There wasn't nearly enough sun loungers, however, under 10 - which for the size of the hotel was no where near adequate.

Meals were nice and there was plenty of food. However on my last morning I witnessed 2 cockroachs playing hide and seek over the milk turine and surrounding tables (which had also had the breakfast buffet on and at night held the dinner buffet). I know that they're a problem in certain countries but I thought that this was unacceptable.

All in all it was ok, however I don't think I would stay again because of the poor hygene standards.

• Liked — Large rooms and plenty of wardrobe space
  • Disliked — Poor standards of cleanliness and hygene
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Canterbury Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2007

My husband and l found this hotel excellant value for money. The rooms are not lavish but adequate, if you want lavish then pay more. The maid came every day and a dripping tap was sorted out instantly. The food at the hotel was very good and plenty of it. Waiters were extremely helpful also. A taxi to the square cost 30 dirhams but you could walk there in about 30 minutes. The hotel does not have any entertainment but as most people stay for 3-4 nights as it is ideal for a base for sight seeing the peace and quite is nice. I would thoroughly recommend this Hotel as it is such good value for money. Reviews l read before we went on the 30th April 2007 l found were rather distressing, but l must say l found all that unfounded.

Have a good holiday.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank JanetCanterburyKent
morocco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2007

We were suspicious from the beginning since their price was so low compared to other "4 star" hotels in the city. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised as it didn't look all that bad and the furniture in the room was old with come character. Then we noticed flea blood on the sheets but the femme de chambre insisted the sheets were changed in the morning. We had our confirmation the next morning when we woke up with bite marks and itching. You have to hold your breath to enter the dining area, quickly grab the food (which is interestingly good) and then run out outside to eat it in the fresh air. This could have been such a gracious hotel and I'm sure it was, back in the days, but they completely let it crumble. Unless you see a sign "completely renovated", don't ruin your holiday in this lovely city.

Stayed May 2007

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Amsterdam, Holland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2007

With rating this hotel a 2 instead a 1 I think I am large!.
The only place we stayed three days, and almost the worst. I must say that my room was o.k. Not too clean, taps leaking, but the bed was clean and there was hot water in the shower. But some of our group got worse. I saw myself a room with torn curtains, stains on the carpets ( as there were also on the carpets on the stairs). The bedcover was full of stains, as was the floor in the bathroom. As the hotelmanager said to our friends, a room not worth of accomodating guests. As a gesture all the group got the next day a big plate with fruits and a bottle of mineralwater in the rooms. The worst room was changed.
The distance to the citycentre was a good 20 minutes drive. The surroundings unattractive.
As opposite to the rooms, the food was very good. Every day different and tasty,nice waiters, a big difference to the rooms. The personal at the reception was unfriendly and very unwilling to help. When they tried to charge me for drinks I didn't have at the bar, they didn't believe me that the signature was not mine, although I was willing to sign again in front of them. Only interference of our guide helped me out.

• Stayed April 2007