“perfection in paradise”

Ranked #110 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
norfolk uk
“perfection in paradise”
Reviewed July 1, 2007

WELL, if we had paid any attention to the depressing reviews of this unique property, and not gone, we would have missed the experience of a lifetime.
We have just spent 17 days staying at Ksar Char Bagh, and adored every minute of it !
Nothing was too much trouble, and the new General Manager, Frederick, was like a whirlwind of excellence, in an already superbly run establishment.
Great Resident Manager-Antoine, a real PRO, and was on the ball all the time.
Extremely friendly staff, nothing was ever too much trouble, and we had the most glorious of meals, by a very talented French chef, and his clever brigade of staff.
The French owner is elegance personified, and this Palace, which is very Morroccan, in both style, furnishings, and ambience, is truly perfection!
To show how good they were, we jokingly said one day--we would love a SUNDAY ROAST ! That evening, roast beef, and all the trimmings duly appeared.
Our suite was bigger than our house in the UK !!!
Great to be able to utilise a London registered burgundy cab, and to have a chauffeur, on request!
Beautiful pool, masseurs, English daily papers, etc , etc---too much to praise !!
Can only think those that complain, might possibly have been better off in Benidorm, and all inclusive !!!!
Going back to this piece of paradise in November, to get my Christmas shopping !!
Marrakech is literally only 20 minutes away, and it looks like Ksar Char Bagh, has won our hearts for the future!!
Finally , thank you Bernado, superb Restaurant Manager, and all the glorious staff.Not forgetting beautiful Miriam, in charge of reception.
Ksar Char Bagh, was like having ones own private villa, oodles of staff, but discreetly in the background.
Do not be put off by the moaners, this establishment is perfection!

Stayed June 2007
4 Thank auberywade2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Czech first
london
Reviewed April 21, 2007

an extremely depressing experience. An arrogant manager leading a depressed team of waiters,nobody smiling. A bedroom lacking soft furnishings and pictures. Very depressing patios with no plants and grass turning to dust. The gardens are also unsuccessful lacking colour and a general feel that the desert is taking over. Food mediocre served in a flamboyant over the top fashion. Oh dear this place really misses the mark.

• Liked — bathroom
  • Disliked — ehoey souless room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
13 Thank virginiaLondon
Saint-Maximin
Reviewed February 22, 2007

Our stay at the Ksar Charbagh was just delightful. Being outside the city of Marrakech was a dream as this place offers beautiful gardens and an amazing pool. The staff was very welcoming and helpfull. Our eye was always cought by amazing details, luxury is everywhere but never over the limits.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank maximin30
Essex
Reviewed December 3, 2006

I was very dubious about our trip having read some of the reviews on here - but discovered they have either upped their game or your reviewers want something that doesn't exist

I took my wife as a surprise for our wedding anniversary - we have stayed at some fabulously rated places over the years and this really did match them all

It is very expensive when you are there but I wasn't shocked - a hotel that has starting rates at 550 euros a night isn't going to be cheap once you got there!

The property itself is beautifull - the suites are really unnecesarilly massive - the service was great - discreetly efficient - the food was exceptionally good - we always went for the chefs dishes rather than the club sandwiches etc.

The staff were happy to serve us wherever we wanted - however inconvenient for them - one previous reviewer complained that they don't speak good English - I found them fine - better English than at home - and to be frank - I'm abroad - I don't expect them to understand every word in English if I can't speak a word of French

The hotel arranged our transpot & trip into the Medina for us - they organised a driver who hang around - then took us to our Restaurant in the evening - then took us home - all for about £20 - pretty good value in my opinion

My wife had a massage & Hamman - she said it was amazing

In the evenings they would come & light the fire in our room within about 10 minutes of asking & there is a free mimibar of soft drinks in the room

My only complaint - we weren't there long enough!

People can find fault in anything - but if you are a seasoned traveller - who enjoys good food and discreet service I really can't recommend this place enough - if I won the lottery this is where I'd take my favourite 12 couples for a long weekend

• Liked — Ambiance
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask & you shall recieve
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SRC123
geneve
Reviewed November 12, 2006

We were at ksar char at the end of september for a hooneymoon.
The accommodations are nice, without any charme.

we where the only one... now we undunstand why....

the room are cold, the fire place did not work at all, we wait 1h to get a taxi (the hotel is very far from the old town) when we reserved, the hotel told us that they have a car at our disposal for going around, but as it s seem to be the rule there the car was at the garage... and did not work for 6 days.

During our stay, we wanted to have club sandwitch and drinks by the pool, but were shot down very rudely by the owner ( a french woman).

my wife wake up at 3 oclock in the morning by... a mouse...YES a mouse...

i am sorry for my approximatif english, but really we would never go back again..

it was our badest hollydays for this last 10 years...

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
15 Thank palavas
Lancashire
Reviewed October 28, 2006

The experience of staying at this hotel will never leave me. My boyfriend brought me here for my birthday (or so I thought). It wasn't until later on in our stay I realized he had actually brought me there to ask me to marry him-in which I said yes! I can honestly say that this was the most magical long weekend of my life.
We arrived at the hotel at night time and were welcomed by extremley friendly owners and staff. They escorted us to or room (which they had upgraded for free due to it being a quiet time of year). Just the walk to our room was an unforgettable experience in itself as the entire hotel was candle lit and every beautiful room we entered had a different scent - creating an wonderful first impression.
The room was incredible, very spacious and very clean. The deco was superb.
Overall, I can not fault this hotel. It is an expensive trip but well worth it, I would reccommend for a special occassion.
The owners are very pleasant and love a romantic story! When they found out we had got engaged, they took the champagne we had ordered off our bill! If you are going for a birthday or something, it is worth mentioning this to them as they like to do something special for you to celebrate the occassion.

• Liked — Hotel decoration
  • Disliked — Expensive wine
  • Tips/Secrets — Mention to the owners if you are there for a special occassion and look carefully at the food and wine prices-they are in euros
  • Stayed November 2003, traveled as a couple
France
Reviewed February 19, 2006

Incredibly beautiful. Every detail is of quality and style. The most sophisticated and elegant hotel we have experienced. One of the smallest too,less than 10 suites. A life time experience.
Each element of decoration is a piece of art. You feel like transported in the past.
We worried when we saw previous comments. However if the staff need management and training, the beauty of the sight largely compensate that inconvenient. You feel at a friend's home.
Rates are high. This place is for the ones who understand the difference between haute-couture and pret a porter. For the educated and sophisticated traveller only.
Restaurant: We were not impressed by the food either the service. Both were acceptable not to be unforgotten. The Chef needs to challenge himself and the very gracious moroccan staff need better management. But the decor one more time is helping to make the dinner a memorable experience.
Overall maybe the best hotel in Marrakech, far over the Amajena and the Mamounia we experienced recently.

• Stayed February 2006