1,211 results
All reviews half board pool attendant reception staff pancakes lovely hotel restaurant staff small fridge fresh towels clean hotel pool area is changed daily buffet style decent size atlas mountains city tax cleaned every day camel ride
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel
Food amazing
Very clean
Pool really nice
Nothing I can fault with this hotel or staff
Great location everything in walking distance don’t bother with taxis busses etc
Plenty shops nearby and cafes and restaurants

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2018

I stayed in the diwane hotel for 12 days. The food was delicious and lots of choices.Every night there was entertainment mostly moroccan music which was wonderful.The pool area was lovely and the pool man was always there with towels for you and always made sure you were ok.Most of the staff were lovely but some of the waiters were very uptight which was a bit off puting but all in all it was a very pleasant stay

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed August 20, 2018

I stayed here for 5 nights from the 13th August with my mum (aged 60) and 3 children aged 17,15 and 13. We only had breakfast as part of our package deal. We stayed in room 507 & 508.

Hotel reception staff are all very friendly and helpful. They can all speak English as well. Our bags were not inspected as we walked in from the shops so we were allowed to bring in our water which costs 60p for 2 litres compared to £2.50 at the hotel. The hotel also has a great FX desk where you can change your currency 24/7.
Breakfast was nice although it was the same every day. You had oranges, croissants, about 5 other pastries, they had an egg station, cereal, hot drinks, orange juice and water. They also had crumpets and something called Parantas which is like an Indian Naan bread, this was our favourite. We ate breakfast every day as it was delicious and we all enjoyed it.

The location is very good and only a 5 min walk from Carre Eden shopping centre, where there are nice restaurants nearby and also a McDonalds and a KFC. They also have great crepe and waffles shops for £2 each.

The pool was warmish and a decent size. They have a main pool and also a shallow end for the smaller children. The 2 pool attendants were top guys and always got us a fresh towel and ensured we had sun loungers. The restaurant is about 10 meters from the pool so you can always break for lunch and come back to the pool. The pool attendants ensured no one hogged the sun loungers.

The hotel reception looks amazing but the rooms we had (507 and 508) had a few issues but nothing major. The toilet seat was loose and the shower water pressure was weak. The room was cleaned spotlessly every day and we were given fresh towels. They even mopped the floor. Amazing staff and they all smile and are helpful.
We wanted to do the camel rides, the Souk and the water park as part of our excursions this year. The hotel reception gave us a great deal for the camel ride. 250 dhm per person (£21) including travel, tea and 1 hour on the camel and then transfer back. The water park they recommended was Oasira and they gave us a discount card of 20 dhm per person as well. Bus was free to the park and back. Oasiria was ok but they only had 5 big slides. They also told us to get the number 1 bus to the Souk, by Jamma El Faye Mosque which cost 40p per person. So cheap. I recommended you get a tour guide called Hamid who stands by the bus stop. He was very good and took us to all the shops we wanted to go to mainly the fake clothes shops. He only charged 50 dhm (£5) for 3 hours of his time. He made sure no one hassled us in the market square. I will try and attach a photo of him. He has a black mole on his face by his cheek. As a rule we paid about £17 per t shirt and they were good quality (200 dhm).
As we only had breakfast as part of our package we ate out a few times but we also ate at the hotel. I recommend the hamburger and the beef pizza in the hotel. Reasonable prices as well. Don’t have the sandwich if your children have braces as the bread can be quite hard.
The WiFi in the room is ok but better outside the room and the hotel have table and chairs on each floor by the lifts.
Overall we all enjoyed it, the hotel is great, staff are amazing and location superb!

Ps email me kamsingh01@hotmail.com if you want a picture of the tour guy as I cant seem to upload.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank kamsingh01
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Before our trip I had checked the website for reviews as I do for every trip, this is the first trip where I had read many mixed reviews so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I’ll start with the positives:

Hotel staff are on the whole very friendly. We did not experience any of the negative comments as detailed in previous comments. Our bags were not inspected as we walked in from the shops. We were warmly welcomed by the young girl at reception and given mint tea upon arrival. We arrived early, at 12.00 and checkin started at 14.00 but our room was ready by 13.00 which we were grateful for. The gentleman at reception is also friendly and helpful.

The location is very good, this seems to be a fact upon which everyone agrees.

The pool is a decent size but it is pretty deep. The shallow end is 1.55m which is quite deep for an average sized person who is not a confident swimmer.
Sadly, I cannot think of any other positives.

The aircon around the hotel is practically non existent. This seems to be a common theme across Marrakech though. There is no aircon in the lobby /reception area, not even any fans. The aircon in the room is good but it would have been nice if it was positioned centrally in the room. The taxis are not air conditioned either. It can be quite unbearable in temperatures of 33-40 degrees. The restaurant area was too warm. I could see an aircon unit on the ceiling but if it was switched on it wasn’t sufficient to cover the area.

The hotel is indeed very dated, it’s not ‘charming’ as some have described, it doesn’t even have a coded safe or card keys. There were 3 of us staying in the room and we were given 1 room key. The room itself is very dark, the lighting is very low. The shower is not powerful at all. It was clean but everything in the room was old and dated. There were satellite channels which had a few English channels so that was a bonus.

We asked concierge to help us get a taxi when we were going out for a meal, he just told us to stand a few metres away and hail a cab ourselves. Not very helpful I have to say.

The food in the hotel is not great. It says breakfast is from 06.30 to 10.00. We were going on an excursion and we were due to be picked up at 08.20, we arrived for breakfast at 07.30 but there was nobody around to make omelettes despite asking many times. The guy eventually arrived at 08.00 and made the omelettes. The lunch is a 3 course menu and its traditional Moroccan food which is nice to experience but it was not to a good standard. The dinner buffet was awful, it looked like trays of leftovers. We only ate our main meal at the hotel once, we ate out the rest of the time which is a shame as we paid for full board. One thing my companions and I agreed on was how lovely and fresh the fruit was, especially the orange juice at breakfast.

The WiFi in the room is very intermittent but the reception in the lobby is good. There are not enough sockets in the room at all. We only found 2 in the room which is a little inconvenient when there are 3 of you in the room wanting to charge phones / tablets / use hairdryer etc. There were only 3 hangers in the wardrobe.

This is definitely not a 4 star hotel, it may have been once upon a time but not by current standards at all. We wouldn’t stay here again that’s for sure

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2018

It’s an okay but definitely not a 4*. The hotel room was okay, clean and towels changed daily. Food was edible and okay, again I wouldn’t say it was 4* quality. We went for full board, I perefed the lunches most, it was fresh but usually made up of dinners. Breakfasts were always the same but variety of choices so you can always find something to eat. I wouldn’t say the vegetables and fruits looked fresh, therefore I avoided them. The staff were lovely, very friendly. No one checked our bags at the entrance of the hotel and we were able to bring drinks from outside. Pool attenders were very friendly and helpful. They made sure that everyone had loungers where they wanted. I would go back because of its location and it was cheap.

Date of stay: July 2018