“A Beautiful Riad with an Incredible Staff”
Review of Riad l'Orangeraie

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad l'Orangeraie
Ranked #6 of 1,172 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Look no further, Riad L'Orangeraie will provide you an experience you will never forget. Located in the Mouassine district of the old Medina, you are steps from the great treasures of the souks of Marrakech, and a few minutes from the energy and life of the square, Djemaa el Fna.

Once you enter the Riad, all the fantastic chaos from the streets is left behind you in order for you to relax in an atmosphere that is rich with beautiful and extremely comfortable surroundings. I was overwhelmed not just with the furnishings, but with every archway, carved door and bedroom ceiling. It offers a terrace with amazing views of the Marrakech rooftops and Atlas Mountains. The courtyard is lush and beautiful with a pool and beautifully lit and rose garnished fountain. As for accommodations, I had access to two bedrooms to which they both had extremely comfortable beds, air-conditioning and a shower that is by far more superior than my own at home. Im not embarrassed to say I brought their beautifully fragrant soaps home with me ;)

Finally, the best part of the experience were the staff at the Riad. Jamal and Aziz were concierge all others should follow. They would send us off into Marrakech with every question answered, wonderful suggestions offered, and also sent us off with local telephones so we could call them at any time for any reason. That phone allowed us to get ourselves lost and tangled in the souks the way you should without the fear of not finding our way back.

It was an honor and a pleasure to spend time with Cyril (the owner) who along with Ismail (the manager) clearly run a very impeccable and harmonious operation. We also loved our daily interactions with Khadija, Rizlane and Samira whom also make you feel you are not in a hotel, but definitely someplace more intimate and special.

Finally, if you take any advice from me, it should be this: Allow Nadia and Laila to cook you at least one meal. I recommend it be your first night in Marrakech so you can say right from the start, you had an incredible Moroccan meal. We loved the food so much we arranged for dinner for our final meal in Marrakech as well.

So go crazy, get lost in the labyrinth and fabulous energy of Marrakech without worry because every time you return and pass through the Riad's door, you will be teleported to a peaceful, friendly place to relax and rest up for the following day's excitement and surprises. Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisa_DHoboken
orange64, Owner at Riad l'Orangeraie, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for such an amazing review. We are always pleased to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay at l'Orangeraie.

We aim to create a friendly and relaxing atmosphere at the Riad and we are delighted that you felt well looked after by all our staff.

We all enjoyed having your party stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Cyril and the whole team at l'Orangeraie

Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife and I can honestly not recommend this riad enough. It was suggested to us by friends who had stayed in 2012 as we were looking for somewhere special to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary.

To echo other reviews here, everything was wonderful. The attention to detail is second to none. From the candles lit when you return to your room at night to arranging a brilliant trip to the mountains - nothing felt too much trouble. The food was delicious, sumptuous breakfasts that changed each day and delicious evening meals.

The location is spot on, right in the middle of the action, but an oasis of calm behind the walls.

Owner Cyril is a wealth of information, everything from places to visit, walking routes to suggestions for pre-dinner cocktails. His team are a credit to him, everyone made us feel so welcome and made our first trip to Morocco one we will always remember. We hope very much to visit again one day and have already began waxing lyrical about Riad L'Orangeraie to friends and family!

Room Tip: We had the Ginger room and it was lovely, but I'm sure all the rooms are wonderful. This room is...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
orange64, Owner at Riad l'Orangeraie, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear Richard,

Thank you for choosing l’Orangeraie and for your delightful comments regarding your stay with us.

Nadia and Laila, our two cooks, will be really happy to hear that you enjoyed the food at the Riad and the whole staff appreciate your kind words .

We will happy to have you stay with us again.

Cyril and the whole staff at l’Orangeraie

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We are frequent travellers to 'boutique' hotels and rate our stay at Riad l'Orangeraie as one of the best. We were so well looked after - from handing out Moroccan mobile phones for easy contact to resolve any problems - to detailed consultation about our evening meal menus in the Riad. Our rooms - Saffron and Curcuma were a cool refuge from the heat as were all the public rooms. The rooftop restaurant was an oasis of calm. Cyril and all his staff were very welcoming, caring, friendly and helpful. We cannot recommend this Riad highly enough. CHF

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Claudia,

Thank you for choosing l’Orangeraie for your time in Marrakech and your kind compliments.

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was so pleasant and your party will be warmly welcome in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

From the moment I sent an availability request email, I knew this was a special place. Other riads I had tried to book were unavailable and the most I got was "not available" or an email several days later from the riad saying they were not available. Not L'Orangerie. Cyril called me (!) to explain that he was booked for 2 of the 5 days I had requested, but he could make arrangements for my husband and I to stay at a very nice riad close by and they (L'Orangerie) would take care of transferring our bags and making the arrangements. The day we arrived our plane was delayed. I called Cyril to let him know and he said he was already aware of the situation and to not worry he would send a driver to get us whenever the plane arrived. He did and also had a lovely dinner waiting for us - and then had our luggage brought to the other riad at midnight. Once back to L'Orangerie our stay was perfect in every way and the entire staff was friendly and outstanding. Thank you!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for visiting l’Orangeraie and for your very nice comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We are all very pleased that you found our services so agreeable and hope you will choose to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Riad l"Orangeraie for six nights. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. From the minute I arrived in the taxi, and was escorted to the riad, I experienced the friendliest people and the most helpful. Any time we needed directions, recommendations, taxi service, dinner, snacks, or wine it was delivered immediately, and with smiling faces. The terrace on the roof was an oasis in the cool of the morning until after sunset! The rooms are all different and each have comfortable beds and bathrooms. Having an air conditioner in the room at night was very helpful for keeping out any noises and keeping the room cool. By the time I left, I was so familiar with everyone who works there, and I know I will always be welcomed back. I highly recommend this beautiful jewel that is set just next to the bustle of the souks.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Shannon,

Thank you for visiting l'Orangeraie and for your wonderful review.

We are really happy that you enjoyed your time at the Riad. Thank you especially for mentioning the quality of the services which is absolutely key for us.

We all be delighted to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Cyril and the whole team at l'Orangeraie

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed it! I definitely recommend staying in Riad l'Orangeraie! It was absolutely lovely! The rooms were very very nice and so were the bathrooms. They were very cosy and the one I stayed in had a lovely view of the pool. Above the pool, every night, they show the old movie, Casablanca, which is very enjoyable to watch! All in all, my stay was absolutely marvellous! I recommend completely!

Stayed: April 2014
orange64, Owner at Riad l'Orangeraie, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your visit at l'Orangeraie and for your very nice comments about the Riad and your stay with us.

We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Marrakech and would be delighted to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed at Riad L'Orangeraie for 3 days in April and I have to say it is probably the best place I have ever stayed. The location is fantastic, the staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly - nothing was too much trouble and the Riad itself is a perfect mix of old and new. Dinner on the roof terrace is a highlight. The best tajine we've ever had! We're already planning our return trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom S
orange64, Owner at Riad l'Orangeraie, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Tom,

Thank you for staying with us and for your lovely comments about your time at the Riad.

We are all really happy that you had a great time and look forward to having you stay at l’Orangeraie again.