This was the most incredible place we visited. We had read the reviews online which were excellent so we already had high expectations - but these were surpassed during our stay at the Riad Kniza.
we were treated like royalty for our four days at the kniza. as there are only seven rooms you really feel like you know the staff and they know you. they tend to your every need - and quickly.
having all non alcoholic drinks included is fantastic. morocco is not a place where you want to be drinking tap water and we endulged in lots of mint tea and soft drinks to rehydrate after a day haggling in the souks.
they have wireless internet which is included in the price and very fast.
the rooms were incredible. we stayed in the l'orientale for 2 nights and the kenza suite for another 2 nights. each of the seven rooms have their own character - the decor is just amazing and completely authentic. the ceiling is hand crafted wood and everything inside was moroccan styled. the whole place made us feel special. particularly enjoyable was the fact that the kniza is situated inside the walls of the medina (old city).
one of the most interesting aspects of this place is the contrast between the beauty of the interior of the kniza and the souks (markets) outside. .. ill let you discover this for yourselves.
last but not least - we will never forget our stay at the riad kniza as on our last night - we got engaged! Kamal, the director was particularly helpful. He suggested a fantastic restaurant, he booked the horse and carriage, he organised the roses and personally hand delivered them to the horse/carriage to meet us after our wonderful meal. The evening couldnt have gone better and I am so glad I had him to help me.
in summary we would highly recommend this place if you are staying in morocco for a few reasons...
1) it is true authentic morocco right in the middle of the old city (we also stayed in a hotel which was great but had no authenticity about it)
2) it is well worth the money you pay - non alcoholic drinks, breakfast, internet all included.
3) the staff are charming and exceedingly helpful and attentive.
4) good place to get engaged...
thanks for everything - we will not forget you !
Jonny and Sara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This perfectly located 18th-century riad has been in the Bouskri family for almost 200 years and offers the complete package of traditional architecture, authentic furnishings, exquisite cuisine and, above all, overwhelmingly hospitable service. The owner, Mohamed Bouskri, having been a guide for the rich and famous for 34 years (Brad Pitt, Nicole Kidman, former US presidents and others) is a mine of information and is always glad to share his knowledge and passion of Marrakech. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riad Kniza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Kniza Marrakech
- Riad Kniza Hotel Marrakech