1,591 results
All reviewssenior suiteroof terracebrad pittroyal suiteatlas mountainsrose petalsbab doukkalamoroccan familyan oasismint teaold citywooden doorlamb tagineday tripmoroccan experiencethe hustle and bustlefour nights
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Riad Kniza in Marrakech for 3 nights and it was an amazing place. The rooms were gorgeous, situated in the old city with fantastic service from the staff, no request was too much for them. We had dinner at the hotel that consisted of a number of courses of traditional food that let my tummy very happy and content.
I would recommend this Riad to anyone travelling to Marrakech, great location, excellent service and really enjoable.

Room Tip: The more you pay the better the room but all rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2013

After conducting an extensive research for a riad in Marrakech, I picked this one based on all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. We couldn't be more pleased. The room was tastefully decorated, as was the rest of the riad. It was always such a relief to come back to the riad to recoup and recharge after a hot day of busy sightseeing. We loved to sit by the pool or under the big tree in the central courtyard and enjoy a cup of mint tea with delicious Moroccan cookies. The service was impeccable. Amin (I hope I have gotten his name right) and the rest of the staff made sure that our every need was taken care of. The city tour with Omar was informative and educational. The trip to the Atlas mountain was the highlight of our entire stay. Imagine having lunch with your feet dipped in the shallow running river! We absolutely loved everything and hope to go back again in the near future, inshallah.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Riad Kniza made every dream of Marrakech come true !.From the moment they met us at the airport until our safe return back to the airport. The Riad Kniza was exactly what we dreamed a riad stay would be. All of the staff is so well trained they are there to handle every little detail and yet we felt we had complete privacy when we wanted it. The Riad was immaculately clean every where. On arrival we were seated in a beautiful air conditioned salon and served tea while the check in process was finished.They arranged for an English speaking guide and car for our trip to the Atlas mountains as well as for day trips through the City. Having a guide saved us from so much stress and he was fun. After the chaotic energy of the City, coming back to the tranquility and pool at the Kniza was the balance we needed. We ate our meals at the Kniza and enjoyed everyone of them. Sitting on the roof top terrace for breakfast and dinner, over looking the City, while listening to the call to prayers was a lasting memory. Definitely have a glass of the fresh orange juice.
Thanks to every one a the Riad Kniza for memories of a lifetime.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My fiance and I spent 4 nights at Riad Kniza in July, and LOVED it!

Riad Kniza is an oasis in the middle of a bustling city street. As we were led to the Riad's entrance (about a 5 minute walk through the medina, from where the car has to pull over), we were hesitant as to what to expect. But, once the door to the Riad was opened we realized why everyone raves about it! It is beautiful and relaxing, with authentic Moroccan decor. We were in room #10 which was up a set of stairs and tucked away a bit, which we loved! The room was large and impeccably clean.

The service at the Riad was very impressive. No matter what we asked for, we had it within 5 minutes or less, from one of the very friendly, english-speaking staff. Meals were served wherever you want in the Riad (one of the seating rooms, the roof, your room, at the pool, etc). The amount of food is endless, so come hungry! The front desk also recommended some pretty amazing restaurants for dinner, Le Fondouk and Maison Arabe (I highly recommend both!).

Our favorite part of the Riad was the tour guide, Omar, that they arranged for us for 2 days. Omar was extremely knowledgable and spoke perfect English. He walked us through the souks and helped us negotiate. He does not go back and take a cut from the shop owners, so he is rally on your side! He also showed us everything there is to see and provided us with just the right amount of information and history.

We spet 2 weeks abroad, and Riad Kniza was the highlight of our entire trip! Highly recommended for anyone traveling to Marrakesh.

Room Tip: From what I heard, all rooms are great!
Reviewed July 13, 2013

As the title suggests this was the hotel for our honeymoon. Our flight was delayed and diverted then finally we arrived in Marrakech 4 hours late. The taxi driver took us to the area and then told us to walk as there is no space for cars. A local man then offered to guide us to the hotel. I was sceptical but I followed him and he led us to the Riad Kniza, down a side street.
On entering the hotel our luggage was taken and we were sat in the courtyard, a table and cold drinks were brought to us. We checked in to our room and to our amazement, the room was WOW! We had the 'Ambar' room which is a senior suite. You walk in to the room facing you is a living room area with sofas a table and TV. On the right is a toilet. On the left you had a staircase which takes you to the sleeping quarters. Very spacious with a dome ceiling, a bathroom and walk in shower and also a large TV in the bedroom. We were invited down to one of the many rooms for dinner. These rooms are rustic Moroccan type rooms with large cusions and air con. The tagine (lamb or chicken) is worth a try. The food arrived with many small dishes and drinks.
Breakfast was served in our room, which came with eggs, tea, coffees, breads and cereal. We opted for breakfast in the room but could have it on the roof or in the dining areas.
After leaving the hotel for the day and returning mid-afternoon, our beds were made and room cleaned. After returning the second time our rooms were prepared for sleeping.
The hotel itself is roughly 15-20 minutes drive from the airport and a 15-20 minute walk from the main square. The neighbourhood is very traditional, not so touristy so you can immerse yourself in the culture. The area is overwhelming with street sellers etc but it makes the experience.
The best part of the stay was the hotel. The staff gave their all to make sure the trip was perfect. Shoki was one of the helpful front desk staff and gave us directions and wrote down all the places for us to see. Every evening, we would lie on the sun loungers on the roof and have drinks brought to us. A fruit drink with bananas and apples was my favourite. There is actual menu for food or drinks but you tell them what you want and they make it.
Walking through the hotel you go from courtyard to courtyard, walls are covered in mosaics and tiles, there is an open pool, many many rooms for dining and we realised Riad Kniza hosts many dinners being so popular. It seemed that dinner guests wished they were also staying at the hotel upon arrival. We also had a tour of the hotel and spa, the spa was amazing, never used it but it looked amazing. I didn't want to use the sauna as it was so hot anyway. We saw the royal suite, and it's bigger than my flat! and much nicer!
All in all a good trip made amazing by the Riad Kniza and the Kniza team. If any orders were wrong, it would be rectified straight away. The only thing I'd say is that the cleaning crew did not knock one day, our door wasn't locked so they came in but apologised straight away.
I will stay here again, best hotel and service I have experienced in my entire life.

Thank you once again from the honeymooners of room 7!

2  Thank Sul I