“Unparalleled Hospitality”
Review of Riad Kniza

Riad Kniza
Ranked #14 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband, son and I stayed at Riad Kniza for 6 nights this last July. We have lived in and traveled to many places, and there are few hotels where hospitality reaches these heights. The staff, front desk personnel and tour guides were all extremely polite, well-informed, patient and considerate. No matter how many times we asked for assistance, had a special request, needed a tour book or laptop loan or simply wanted yet another tray of their excellent mint tea with pastries, their response was always friendly and efficient. My husband and I would many times wake up early to take a stroll or shop in the Medina, leaving our teenage son sleeping-in until late in the morning. No matter at what time he awoke, the Kniza staff would invariably make his breakfast available to him and take it to his room without even mentioning the fact that breakfast service was long over. Their hospitality in fact went beyond our stay in Marrakesh. A few days ago (almost 2 months after we visited them), I asked for their help to obtain tracking information I was having trouble getting from a carpet supplier that was to have sent my purchase to the US. Kamal, the hotel Director, was kind enough to contact the supplier for me and, undoubtedly thanks to his intervention, I finally got my purchase sent and tracking number provided. You do not find this level of assistance anywhere I know.
Physically staying at Kniza was also a fantastic experience. The rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable. The whole feeling inside the Riad is of elegant tranquility and simple beauty. Its location is excellent and easily connected to transportation services and main attractions. We hope to again visit this wonderful place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ana S

Reviewed September 15, 2012

What a fantastic experience in Marrakech! The Riad was a perfect oasis in the busy life of the Medina. We wondered where on earth we were going when our driver dropped us off at the gate of the medina, but after a couple of minutes of tagines and donkeys and grapes and prickly pears and raw meat and live chickens and fast scooters ......................!!!!!! , we were taken into a beautiful, calm, serene home, where everything you could wish for was given to you.

The breakfast was wonderful and the Moroccan dinner was just excellent.

If you want to stay in Marrakech, i would highly recommend this riad, especially the four-night package. Just perfect!

Room Tip: We had the lowest price room on the ground floor which was just excellent!
2  Thank jmr507
Reviewed September 14, 2012

If you're staying in Marrakech, I'd recommend you stay in a Riad. If you're staying in a Riad, I'd recommend you stay in a Riad Kniza.

The building has been beautifully restored and decorated and is kept meticulously pristine and clean. It is in the Medina so just outside the door there is a taste of the real hustle and bustle of this wonderful city.

The staff are helpful above and beyond any holiday staff I’ve seen in the past and I will genuinely miss some of them (especially the smiley Samira).

We will definitely be returning to Marrakech and won’t think twice about looking elsewhere for our accommodation.

1  Thank paullonghurst
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We spent four nights here last week, and the rooms, service, and meals were all impeccable. Samira at the front desk was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the servers at the rooftop restaurant always made us feel welcome. Our dinner on the roof was our favorite meal in Marrakech. Riad Kniza is perfectly located on a small, authentic (read: chicken coops, butcher stalls, etc.) market street -- easy to find once you get the hang of the winding streets, and about 15 minutes' walk from the hectic main square.

Room Tip: Suite Yacout was gorgeous
1  Thank mfp718
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I took the advice of other reviewers and chose to stay at Riad Kniza. This was my first visit to Marrakech so I wanted to stay somewhere that was a little more cultural and not one of the international chain hotels. I must say, my Marrakech experience wouldn't have been the same without Riad Kniza. I travel a lot for work so I often stay in hotels and Riad Kniza is the best accommodation experience I have ever had. Aside from being a stunningly beautiful riad, filled with interesting artefacts, what made my time so special was the caring service. Nothing was ever a problem, the team were always one step ahead of me and because the riad only has a small number of rooms, the service is attentive in every detail but you never feel like someone is there watching you. I don't know how they do it! Amazing! I found paradise! They organised everything, hotel transfers, tours, I even had an hour to spare between check-out and the driver pick up to take me to the airport. Within 10 minutes a masseur was called in and I had a massage while I waited. I just wanted to say thank you to Samira and the team at Riad Kniza for an exceptional experience I will remember for years to come.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Clayton I
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this Riad during the last night of our two week vacation in Morocco. We certainly saved the best for last! From the initial emails, to our check-in, to our meals and check-out the staff at this place know the meaning of "taking pride in one's work". The riad is very well maintained, the decor is impeccable, the staff is friendly and attentive, I could go on and on. I am a seasoned traveler, having traveled internationally since the age of 1 :) I have never been so struck with awe at the attentiveness of a hotel staff. Since the place was a little hard to find, Samira (one of the front desk managers) sent someone out to the main street to guide us home. They carried our luggage for us to the riad. As soon as we got there, we were invited to sit down in an air conditioned room and offered water and tea with cookies. We got a free room upgrade upon arrival I'm guessing because it was low season. The room was magnificent and beautifully decorated. Samira gave us a map, pointed out places of interest and told us to call if we needed anything. When I asked about getting Henna done she offered to set up a private session for me on the terrace - she got a woman who had been doing Henna for 30 years. It was wonderful. They also gave us a discounted price on dinner for that night. When we came back from walking around Marrakech, we went to use the swimming pool which I might say could benefit from being temperature controlled. Towels were laid out for us and we have plenty of reading material to choose from if we so desired. The owner himself offered us some tea while we relaxed by the pool. I then went to get my henna done on the terrace and more tea was offered. Later that evening we had a private dinner on the rooftop where Mustafa was just about the best waiter I have ever had. To be fair, I must say that at a little under $400/night you would expect a lot. This price included our room and one dinner and is more than I've ever paid for a room in my life but it was our one splurge on the vacation.

From beginning to end our experience at this riad was 5 stars. I'd go again in a hearbeat but this time I'd stay a week.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gwin F
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Beautiful property renovated in local style with a real air of luxury - an unexpected island of calm in the general chaos of the medina. Small enough to create a personal atmosphere, without feeling claustrophobic. Comfortable and spacious room kept immaculately clean and (thankfully) equipped with efficient aircon. Pool in the central courtyard provides a focal point and the chance to cool off after battling through the heat, careering mopeds and live chicken sellers outside. Huge delicious breakfasts served on demand. Unrivalled service - Samira and her team are constantly on hand to deal with every need (a small example: I broke my finger on a trip to the Atlas mountains, and the Riad staff took it in turns to stay with me while I was patched up in the hospital). In short, everything a boutique hotel should be. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family