“Excellent”
Review of Riad Farnatchi

Riad Farnatchi
Ranked #87 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed July 2, 2006

Another glowing review from another more than satisfied guest.

Rooms were excellent, baths sumptuous and food divine - you must eat in at least once...

The property is small, refined and personal - the epitome of Riad luxury...

Finally, the icing on the cake - The staff. Rarely will you find staff of such high calibre. Somebody somewhere understands the meaning of the word hospitality and has demonstrated it with panache at the Riad Farnatchi.

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank ejmr

Reviewed June 18, 2006

The website images just don't do the place justice.

Its interiors are stunning, restrained and tasteful - unlike the glut of riads that seem to be trying to out-Marrakesh-theme each other. I know its been said here before, but its the service and people that make this place; Lynne is a font of knowledge on all things Morocco and pointed us in the right direction for shopping (ask her before spending any serious money in the souks or even in the shops, its rip off central) and Mohammed and Co are just the loveliest, most natural and obliging guys I've come across in my experience of 5 star hotels all over the world. On our last night, they set us up with a private dinner in the back courtyard. It was incredibly romantic and the food was way better (and cheaper) than the meals we had at some of the supposed top drawer Marrakesh restaurants. (note: you need to reserve dinner and specify your menu at least the morning in advance).

Its location is also good; being close to the musuem means you have a bearing to work to in the nightmare of navigation that is the medina.

On first glance, its not cheap at over £190 per night but I'd say it offers excellent value for money given the extras offered (free transfers, slippers, breakfast, pastries, canapes). Marrakesh is also the kind of city (hot, dirty, frantic) where you really need a bit of calm and luxury to escape to and its definitely worth paying a bit more on your accommodation as you'll certainly appreciate it.

I doubt we'll go back to Marrakesh but if we did, I'd be begging my husband to let me stay at Farnatchi again. A very special place and one I recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Funky_travel_junky
Reviewed May 7, 2006

My husband arranged my 40th birthday at Riad Farnatchi in April 2005. Ten of us had exclusive use of the riad and from the moment we touched down and met Lynn the manager at the airport it simply was the most wonderful birthday imaginable.
The rooms were all beautiful and different , the web site under-stated the size, beauty and style of each room. Sumptuous bathrooms and private balconies.
We felt like children exploring a wonderful house, up stairways to the terrace for breakfast with views across the city, down to courtyards for an early swim, back to the luxury of our rooms with huge marble baths and beautiful beds to sink into after a night of clubbing in the Palmerie.
The hammam was a delight after a tiring haggle in the souk , the gentle touch of the resident masseur was a complete energiser to our tired bodies.
The food was good- we only ate the first night in the private dining room but it was romantic and candle-lit and lovely Moroccan flavours pre-ceeded by mojitos and delicious canpes in the fragrant lemon-tree courtyard .
Lynn was an amazing hostess. Calaches arrived on time, the best eateries booked , the best cutting-edge clubs to dance into the early hours and a fabulous mule trek and lunch in the Atlas all contributed to the birthday of a life-time.
I would recommend Riad Farnatchi so readily to anyone. It's style ,elegance, attention to detail and extraordinary service was so utterly incredible. Nothing was too much trouble and within hours they knew each guests desiresl.
Long shall I remember breakfast on the roof top terrace and that magical moment of opening the great wooden door of the riad to reveal the oasis beyond . The best.

• Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank BELINDAG87
Reviewed April 17, 2006

As most of the riads in Marrakech are jaw droppingly beautiful, we were a little unimpressed upon entering the Riad Farnatchi. As a matter of fact, while we were dragging through the dirty streets with cats, donkey doo and even an open sewer hole, I kept thinking that it was surreal that we were about to enter our $450/night lodging. Anyway, when we first arrived our room was a bit smelly, albeit large and lovely. I started to think maybe we should have stayed at the riad 72, at half the price. But then the much acclaimed service kicked in. Mohammed and Murad were at our beck and call. We had them fetch bags from the riad 72, make reservations for dinner, make popcorn for our movie viewing afternoon in our room, fetch sanitary napkins, and on and on. Always a "no problem" to every request. It was like having a personal butler, fabulous. We ordered lunch and dinner and it was very tasty and not overly expensive, as you may have expected. My only complaint is that I wish they had a computer for guest usage, every time I had to check emails I felt like I was intruding, as I had to use their office computer. All in all, a fabulous stay.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank JolieDiana
A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed April 10, 2006

My partner and I recently stayed at the Riad Farnatchi - Keep in mind that we are jaded Ex-New Yorkers now living in San Francisco. We are both professionals who enjoy the finer things life has to offer, and frankly, we can pretty much afford to stay anywhere we wish. I can honestly tell you that the Riad Farnatchi was one, if not the, most memorbale hotel experiences I've ever had and I've stayed at some of the finest 5-Star properties in the world. Every single detail is meticulously thought-out from the location (which is excellent) to the Moulten Brown toiletries in the bathrooms. It's like arriving into a King's Palace in the middle of absolute chaos -If you appreciate non-pretentious design / style, this is the place for you. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 24, 2006

My husband and I took a 3 night trip to Marrakech and stayed at the Farnatchi on the advice of a friend who'd done so in December. We were so glad - it is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Incredibly stylish, serene, beautiful roof terrace, staff that cannot do enough for you, and the most scrummy little biscuity things to eat all day long - though we had to fight the birds off that flew in off our balcony. The weather was blissful : 28 degrees and we had a wonderful afternoon sunbathing on the roof the day we departed. I had a tan in the UK while everyone was pale and cold! I can't recommend the Farnatchi enough.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank CooksAway
Reviewed March 2, 2006

This was the best part of our trip to Morocco. The staff were so accomodating and the suites were so comfortable that we felt right at home. The food here was some of the best that we have had. Would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2006