Riad Farnatchi
Riad Idra(Marrakech)
$221
  • Breakfast included
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$56
$1,027
$459
$439
Cancelon
All reviewsmolton brown productsowner jamesroof terracesunken tubroyal hammamatlas mountainsseparate showeran oasisrestaurant reservationsyogurtlong weekendsuperb locationhis teamhammam experienceyour luggagetravel agentevery evening
Reviewed April 17, 2006

As most of the riads in Marrakech are jaw droppingly beautiful, we were a little unimpressed upon entering the Riad Farnatchi. As a matter of fact, while we were dragging through the dirty streets with cats, donkey doo and even an open sewer hole, I kept thinking that it was surreal that we were about to enter our $450/night lodging. Anyway, when we first arrived our room was a bit smelly, albeit large and lovely. I started to think maybe we should have stayed at the riad 72, at half the price. But then the much acclaimed service kicked in. Mohammed and Murad were at our beck and call. We had them fetch bags from the riad 72, make reservations for dinner, make popcorn for our movie viewing afternoon in our room, fetch sanitary napkins, and on and on. Always a "no problem" to every request. It was like having a personal butler, fabulous. We ordered lunch and dinner and it was very tasty and not overly expensive, as you may have expected. My only complaint is that I wish they had a computer for guest usage, every time I had to check emails I felt like I was intruding, as I had to use their office computer. All in all, a fabulous stay.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank JolieDiana
A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed April 10, 2006

My partner and I recently stayed at the Riad Farnatchi - Keep in mind that we are jaded Ex-New Yorkers now living in San Francisco. We are both professionals who enjoy the finer things life has to offer, and frankly, we can pretty much afford to stay anywhere we wish. I can honestly tell you that the Riad Farnatchi was one, if not the, most memorbale hotel experiences I've ever had and I've stayed at some of the finest 5-Star properties in the world. Every single detail is meticulously thought-out from the location (which is excellent) to the Moulten Brown toiletries in the bathrooms. It's like arriving into a King's Palace in the middle of absolute chaos -If you appreciate non-pretentious design / style, this is the place for you. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 24, 2006

My husband and I took a 3 night trip to Marrakech and stayed at the Farnatchi on the advice of a friend who'd done so in December. We were so glad - it is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Incredibly stylish, serene, beautiful roof terrace, staff that cannot do enough for you, and the most scrummy little biscuity things to eat all day long - though we had to fight the birds off that flew in off our balcony. The weather was blissful : 28 degrees and we had a wonderful afternoon sunbathing on the roof the day we departed. I had a tan in the UK while everyone was pale and cold! I can't recommend the Farnatchi enough.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank CooksAway
Reviewed March 2, 2006

This was the best part of our trip to Morocco. The staff were so accomodating and the suites were so comfortable that we felt right at home. The food here was some of the best that we have had. Would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank evnycgal
Reviewed February 26, 2006

We stayed here for four nights and were delighted with the design of the place and very impressed with the exemplary staff led by the legendary Lynn.

The rooms/suites have been brilliantly designed. It is clear thet every facet and feature has been thought about and agonised over. The feeling of staying in a fine establishment is perhaps hightened by the fact that the Farnatchi is located in the exotic ( read for that dirty, scruffy, and smelly) medina not far from the souk and we never quite got over the shock when stepping out.

We only dined at the Farnatchi once - our first night - and were not overly impressed by the food. I guess we had expected great things from an establishment owned by a chef - and a rich one because staying at the Farnatchi is not cheap!

As to Marrakech itself, I find myself agreeing with the comments made by the contributor from Manchester. It can be seen and savoured in two to three days; a lot is barred to non-believers; the so called top restaurants are overpriced and scream 'Tourist'; the constant entreaties in the souks can also be very wearing. For all that, we greatly enjoyed our visit and would recommend a short stay for anybody who wants to try something out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: February 2006