WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Riad Farnatchi

Riad Farnatchi
Ranked #90 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“A perfectly magical stay at Riad Farnatchi in Marrakesh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

From the moment I walked into the Riad Farnatchi with our group of friends and family, I was enchanted. We were so excited about our beautiful suites that we spent the first hour checking out each other's rooms, which were decorated in their own unique way. What struck me was the care with which each item, piece of furniture, color, mirrors , lighting were chosen. I seemed to have spent hours during my four day stay marveling at every detail which provided a feast for the eyes and senses.
Each evening we had delicately made hors d'oeuvres with wonderful wines to start our evening's activities. For the first night our group had an amazing barbecue on the roof of the Riad, which was an incredible feast. Breakfasts were perfect with freshly made yogurt, breads, fruits and eggs any way we wished...All served with a smile in timely fashion. What a way to start the each day!
During our stay, the staff was totally gracious and attentive....I can recommend Riad Farnatchi without reservation.
Treat yourself to a memorable stay in the Medina of Marrakesh.

Room Tip: Any room at the Riad Farnatchi is fabulous!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Barbara S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I enjoyed a great 2 nights staying at Riad Farnatchi, the staff couldn't have been more helpful and attended not only to requests in the Riad but also helped us get the most out of Marrakech. The Riad is stunning and rooms extremely comfortable. I would highly recommend a stay.

2 Thank G1scot
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

riad farnatchi provided the perfect balance - of privacy and service, of modern and traditional style. we only saw the staff when we needed them and they delivered all services promptly with a kind smile. although I believe there were several other guests during our staying there, we only ever saw one other couple, making it feel like truly a private retreat.

our suite with balcony (a perfect spot for breakfast) was beautiful, understated style, very quiet, and extremely comfortable with a luxurious bathroom and shower, and wonderful fireplace. the common areas - courtyard banquettes and rooftop were perfect retreats for afternoon tea and canapes.

dinner recommendations were great, especially the recommendation to dine in their incredible jewel-box of a dining room. we had a private meal there with some interesting and very delicious dishes.

we loved the location - we easily learned our way around the neighborhood with a few useful landmarks nearby, and so we were able to access everywhere within the medina easily by foot.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank giaraf
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I enjoyed two nights at Riad Farnatchi after three days trekking in the Atlas Mountains. It is the perfect solution for some peaceful relaxation and an escape from the hustle and bustle of the souks. All of the staff were so helpful, allowing us to get the best out of our stay. They booked us a restaurant, gave us hints and tips about the city and showed us how to get around. We took advantage of the excellent on site facilities including a massage and the hamam. There is a roof terrace for enjoying breakfast overlooking the city or if the weather isn't so good there are various lounges to eat and relax in. The traditional decor is very impressive as well. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

2 Thank simon r
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed at Riad Farnatchi in February for five days. From the moment I arrived from the airport, their hospitality and attention to detail were exceptional. I stayed in Suite 8, and it was enormous. It has a beautiful living area, log fireplace (which was lit for me each night), balcony, comfortable bed and pillows, separate shower and toilet, sunken tub, Molton Brown toiletries, bottled water, fruits, snacks and a turn down service (with rubber hot bag to keep the bed warm...toasty and cosy). The canapés were delicious and served early evening every day. Breakfast and dinner were simply exquisite - perfectly cooked, very tasty, fresh and imaginative, and they served whenever you are ready and wherever your heart desires (in your suite, dining area or rooftop terrace). They also arranged private tour guides for me and gave recommendations regarding shopping in the souks. I had the Hammam/Gommage and an hour massage at the Riad which I highly recommend. The location is a short walk to many of the sights, and such a lovely oasis of calm and luxury. James, Murad, Mariam, Saida and the entire team did a fabulous job in making my trip so memorable and wonderful. No request was too much for them and always smiling. Riad Farnatchi is definitely the place to stay when in Marrakech.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank yorkiebax
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have just returned from Morocco and from 2 nights at Riad Farnatchi with a couple of friends. I don't normally write reviews but our time at the Riad was exceptional so I thought I would get online and write one!
We had been trekking in the Atlas Mountains for 3 days beforehand with a fantastic guide recommended by Riad Farnatchi but after a few days in a mountain refuge we were looking forward to some TLC when we got to Marrakech.
Riad Farnatchi did not disappoint. From the second we arrived the staff couldn't do enough to make our stay enjoyable. The room was amazing, with a beautiful living area and a wonderfully comfy bed. Canapés were served both evenings and a toasty fire was lit in one of the salons where decided to have pre dinner drinks.
The staff were only too happy to give advice on places to eat and shopping/bartering tips for the medina- all of which is a short walk away.
Both mornings we were served a beautiful breakfast. We had it once in the fire-warmed salon and then on the second day, wrapped up and enjoyed it on the roof top terrace. The terrace is fantastic and a wonderful place to absorb the ambience of Marrakech.
We also had a Hammam followed by a massage at the hotel. The Hammam was a great experience but the massage was incredible-just what we needed to ease the trekking aches and pains! Apparently Riad Farnatchi is to open a new spa in the future which I'm sure will be equally luxurious.
For a luxurious tranquil retreat in the heart of Marrakech Riad Farnatchi would certainly not disappoint. My only regret is that we couldn't stay any longer!

Room Tip: We had room number 6 which had a lovely roof terrace and was lovely and quiet.
3 Thank Kelly S
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your whole Moroccan experience and that the guide that we set you up with in the Atlas mountains was a success. We certainly try to make sure that there is nothing that we cant organise for our guest, if Marrakech allows it we can normally find it!

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write this review, I hope that it will inspire lots more people to take up the challenge of climbing Mt Toubkal in winter conditions!
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from Marrakech after a 4 day magical trip to celebrate my birthday. 15 of us stayed at the Riad Farnatchi . I am not sure words can express just how amazing this beautiful exquisite Riad is. James and his wonderful team made our stay unforgettable . The rooms all 9 were sumptuous and decorated in traditional style with beautiful sitting rooms and open fires. The bathrooms were just stunning and the best bed I have ever slept in. The service is impeccable with attention to detail being the order of the day. The food was sublime and James ensured the my Birthday was truly special . If you go to Marrakech you must make this your place to stay . Superb thank you James, Murad, Saida and the team.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Maggie T
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
We all so enjoyed having you and all your friends here to celebrate your birthday with us. The house is made for private parties with all its little hideaways and we love having all types of parties at Riad Farnatchi. I hope very much that you will all come back and see us again soon. Thank you again for choosing us and for taking the time to write us such a lovely review!