“Amazing in every way!!”

Ranked #86 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Houston, Texas
“Amazing in every way!!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Truly a labor of love by James and Jonathan Wix. Perfect in every way imaginable. Once you enter the door on a side street off a side street one enters a magical yet authentic Riad. The rooms are over the top luxurious yet have maintained their original character not an easy task. Hence every room is completely unique and authentic in feel. The staff uniformily were perfect in service and friendliness . Saedi, Meryem and Murad excellent managers . The Hammam was fantastic. This place is truly an oasis within the beautiful cacophony that is Marrekech

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jayraka
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you very much for leaving a review for us, the team are all so grateful for your kind words. I was particularly pleased to note that you enjoyed your Hammam, we try to make it an authentic experience in a more luxurious setting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was my second time in Marrakech and where else would I go back to stay but Riad Farnatchi, no question! We had a late night arrival, but were nevertheless met at the airport and welcomed at the Riad very warmly, and a refreshing drink of mint tea. Shown to our room which this time was up a level with a delightful balcony overlooking the pool courtyard. One of the best moments of the day was sitting with a gin and tonic in the early evening on our balcony with a choice to look down over the peaceful courtyard, or up to the piercing blue sky and listen to the swallows. True heaven! Breakfast on the roof terrace was the morning highlight, and what a spread, how many ways are there to have an egg presented for eating? Well you have to go and peruse James' special egg menu! Also, how could you not have his home made yoghurt with fresh and delicious fruit. The staff could not be more helpful and caring without being intrusive, and appear from nowhere just as you have a request or need help with planning the day ahead...............a trip to the desert, the Atlas Mountains, shopping in the souks, a local culture tour, anything. The service is impeccable...........we came back from a very dusty walk in the mountains and before you knew it our shoes had been de-sanded and polished as I had not seen them before! An added extra thoughtfulness. All the little things count and certainly are attended to by James and his team. I am certain I will be back and won't even hesitate that Farnatchi will be where I stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We were delighted to welcome you back to Marrakech and Riad Farnatchi and we of course very much hope that it will not be your last visit! I am also so pleased to note that you enjoyed our new Egg menu. With eggs cooked 16 different we hope that there is something for everyone! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us, it really is a huge help!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

A beautiful, immaculate and spacious riad which I would recommend to anyone visiting Marrakech! It is blissfully peaceful and in a superb location, very close to the souks in the medina. The team were charming and could not have been more happy to help, nothing was too much trouble for them.Breakfast was absolutely delicious.
Worth every penny!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We are so grateful for your comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed our traditional breakfast! I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Riad Farnatchi soon!
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Arriving in the souks is a culture shock, a good one! Travelling into the Atlas Mountains is a refreshing experience, quad biking in the desert is an adventure, and all the rest, but to be honest, none of these activities would mean so much if it wasn't for the amazingly different experience of staying at the Riad Farnatchi.
Forget five star hotels and all that lovely stuff...this was different...
Well, it is authentic Morocco, draped and cosseted and just full of local character, comfort, and a sense of peace, an oasis in the maelstrom of Marrakech.
It is more like being a guest at a private home, with service always on hand, nothing too much trouble, a male masseur who is properly world class, a hamman to die for, delicious food in a beautifully hand decorated cosy intimate dining room, breakfast on the roof garden overlooking the roofs and out to the Mountains, listening to the mosques calling their flock in for prayers, birds chattering, orange trees, peace and such a restoration from the daily trials of living in UK.
Would I go back and stay there...yes, yes yes, very special...does anybody gives six or seven stars!

Room Tip: Each room seems to be different in design, shape and character...we were shown a couple of others, a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank christopher t
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We were all delighted to read your kind words thank you! I was particularly pleased to note that you enjoyed your massage with Ahmed. We very much hope that you will visit again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Marrakech and all it's wonders can be quite an assault on the senses - it's incredible and magical but can actually become somewhat exhausting by day three. Well that was certainly what I found on my first visit 10 years ago.
However this time I decided to stay at Riad Farnatchi based on the reviews I had read, the beautifully laid out website and of course - the photos. As a result it completely changed my perspective on the city and I just can't recommend it enough. The Riad blew my away - not a single photo really does it justice. When you arrive in the Old city it's inevitable that you are hit by the mayhem and sensation of the city and then amidst all of this you arrive, down a small shaded back alleyway to this beautifully looking door, you are greeted by a beaming member of staff and enter the Riad.
People have mentioned in their reviews that it is a hidden gem - and there's not really a better way to put it.
It's tranquil and calm and beautiful - the attention to detail is beyond any place I have ever stayed before.
I'm one of those people that love to explore cities, I wanted to disappear into the souks and eat couscous from the street vendors in the square and not to spend all day sunbathing on the rooftops. However returning to the Riad, be it in the morning, afternoon or evening, was really - for lack of a better word - blissful. It was a world removed from the chaotic atmosphere of the buzzing alleyways and souks that were a stones throw away. Location wise it was the perfect place from which to discover Marrakech.
Me and my friend (who really did spend her days simply relaxing in the pool or catching the rays from the Riad rooftop) would sit and have a drink and watch the sunset over the noise of the city from the Riad us in the evening and it really was magical. So chilled, so charming and exactly the way anyone should enjoy Marrakech.
It is the only place I would now stay when I'm in Marrakech, without a doubt. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more efficient and James (the owner of the Riad) was delightful to sit and chat to as well as brilliantly helpful with all aspects of our trip.

If you are heading to Marrakech - really take my word for it - this is hands down the place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KimWelply
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write this very kind review, it really is hugely valuable to us especially when the review is such a glowing report! The team take great pride in their work and will very much enjoy hearing your comments.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at the Riad in June this year with a friend and I have to say it is one of the best places I have ever stayed in. As an interior designer I can be very critical of the interior but it really is unique with beautiful Moroccan antiques set in a stunning modern backdrop.

The staff were beyond helpful and we were even lucky enough to have a full tour of the Riad by the manager - a real treat.

Riad Farnatchi is a hidden oasis in the bustle of Marrarkech. As soon as you step through the hidden door you are transported to a quiet, beautiful environment - whilst sitting here writing this view at my desk at work I wish I could transport myself to the Riad and be having a massage followed by a glass of wine by the pool!

A huge thanks to everyone at Riad Farnatchi for an unforgettable stay - expect to be inundated by visits from my friends and family that keep having the hear about its beauty!

Room Tip: All are wonderful - you can choose if you would like a private balcony overlooking the wonderful cou...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We are all so pleased that you enjoyed staying at Riad Farnatchi. We very much look forward to welcoming all your family and friends, thank you for spreading the word! We also hope that you will make it back to Marrakech before too long.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Riad Farnatchi was a truly unique discovery. It was close to the souks and many of the sights of Marrakech and once inside the Riad, it was a haven. We found the Riad with the help of one of the friendly staff who greeted us at the edge of the old town once the streets became too narrow for our taxi to penetrate. After turning off a rather non-descript alleyway, the door of the Riad opened and we were welcomed by Saidea who could not do enough to help and accommodate us. We were handed cold refreshing face cloths and offered drinks before we were shown around – both very welcome after our journey. The décor was fabulous from the ground floor right up to the amazing roof terrace, where the views were incredible.
The Riad was immaculately presented and so stylish – the detail was astonishing. The ambiance was tranquil; a perfect place to retreat and escape the rather lively surroundings outside. The food was delicious and seemed to cater for all tastes and there were over 10 different ways of eating your eggs in the morning!
The Hamman was a fabulous experience – don’t miss it.
I cannot rate Riad Farnatchi more highly – thank you ………… we’ll be back!

Room Tip: Each suite is individual and they are all wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Riad Farnatchi and that you plan to return! We are always working on improvements so hopefully you will see some changes when you next visit. I am also delighted to note that you enjoyed our food, we only cook to order so are able to really offer the freshest and most traditional Moroccan food. Thank you ever so much for leaving a review, it really is a huge help.