“Marrakech at its best”
Review of Riad Farnatchi

Riad Farnatchi
Ranked #93 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our visit to the Riad Farnachi was fantastic! The Riad was calm and comfortable – a real sanctuary from the frenetic medina just the other side of the main door . The aesthetic is restored in impressive traditional detail, yet the riad is full of the little modern luxuries you’d expect from a top hotel. The bedrooms were unique in layout and full of creative design, each with its own private outside space allowing you the feeling of complete privacy, along with a stunning roof top view over the medina. We enjoyed a delicious Moroccan lunch in the pretty, open-air courtyard. The briouettes (soft minced meat and vegetables wrapped in filo pastry and fried) were our particular favourite, accompanied by a local rose wine which complemented the food perfectly. We found the staff to be exceptional; friendly and helpful yet discreet. Farnachi’s manager, James, could not have been more helpful, advising on everything from day trips to a Berber village the Atlas mountains, local cultural and historical information, which street food stalls to trust in the main square, and importantly a luxurious Hammam! My mother and I had a wonderful trip and would highly recommend the Riad to anyone looking for a top quality yet authentic stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Clare A

Reviewed January 28, 2013

A sumptuous Riad, in a super location, nearby to the famous Marrakech souks. I am lucky to have a job that involves a lot of travel each year and this is definitely one of the best places I have ever stayed (I was on holiday this time, not working).

An architecturally stunning property, in which my wife and I had a cavernous bedroom, huge bath and shower - which had a glass roof, so I could see the blue Moroccan sky and green trees above in the morning.

Breakfast was substantial, delicious and served to us on our own private roof terrace.

Also included in the room rate was a car pick up from the airport and the staff were some of the most friendly and genuine I have encountered.

It's not cheap cheap, but I've never felt a place was so fairly priced and if it was in Europe it would be at least double the price and if it was in Capri/Monaco/Nice/St Tropez etc. I dread to think what a night here would cost!

Marrakech is a magical place and this Riad compliments the experience perfectly.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I'd recommend it...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mark w
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My first visit to Marrakech and with not really knowing what to expect, Riad Farnatchi was this amazing secret hideaway that you would never know was there due to the unassuming, yet beautiful door leading out onto the streets of Marrakech. So close to the Medina and the souks, yet once inside you are in your own little world; stunning interiors, incredibly friendly and helpful staff and such spacious private rooms you could spend all day relaxing in them. I could write for hours on what a fantastic place it is, but honestly it really is so magical and if you haven't been yet then I think this should definitely be someone you must go and visit....I will definitely be going again and again.....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rosanna T
Reviewed January 24, 2013

What a fantastic and luxurious experience!

We were looked after really well. From our arrival to the Riad, met with fresh mint tea, to the unique rooms and stunning surroundings. We really enjoyed exploring all of the nooks and crannies, the sun terraces and the courtyard - especially the pool!

The evening dining is not one to be missed either!

Room Tip: Tell the hotel what you are looking for, they have different rooms for couples, friends etc so will...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoST S
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a stunning place to stay - beautifully designed and decorated and such a peaceful haven from the madness and excitement that is the rest of Marrakech. A great location in the Medina from which to access the souks and other sights.... though we could quite happily have spent every day of our trip just chilling in the riad. Our 'room' (it was massive!)(suite 4) was gorgeous - full of character and had its own private roof terrace - breakfast up there in the sun was a real highlight. Service was faultless - the staff had worked out and sorted what we needed before we knew ourselves and their tips on navigating the souks were invaluable. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jo C
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited Riad Farnatchi last year and found a little bit of paradise right in the heart of Marrakech’s medina! Impeccably run with excellent attention to detail and sumptuous rooms all decorated to a high end and all individual. The staff went out of their way to make us feel at home and the owner has superb local knowledge and gave some excellent recommendations in and around the city I cannot recommend Farnatchi enough!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine C
Reviewed January 11, 2013

A city oasis, small discreet and more like a private home than a hotel. Everything was very personal, attentive and authentic. The Hamman was wonderful, with one of the best massages I have ever experienced, strong and deeply satisfying. The sights and sounds of the city from the roof garden were lovely. Would I go again.................yes, yes, yes.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple