All reviews roof terrace fresh orange juice mint tea cooking class bustling city el suite square textiles morocco riad samir marakesh oasis
Reviewed May 26, 2018

I did not even stay at El Cade but wanted to check it our and owner Julia was so nice it became a highlight of our stay in Marrakesh. The riad joins several building purchased by Julia's father who was the German ambassador to Morocco and an avid collector its art which forms the basis for much of the decoration. Spacious rooms, lovely terrace, four courtyards. We went to investigate cooking classes and chef Hassan (who brings a French formation to classic Moroccan recipes) gave the best class of the trip. Julia gave a us a tour and even invited us to join her guests for a private show of carpets by a leading local dealer that included some older museum quality pieces. Almost entirely German clientele but my top pick if I return to Marrakesch.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2018

Stayed with 3 people in the blue house, part of the Riyad, but actually a complete house, with own courtyard, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and own roof terrace. Very welcoming staff, great breakfast (fresh orange juice, home made yoghurt and do try the cheese omelette!) and the dinner we had one evening was very nice as well. Great location, very close to the square. Returning at night from a dinner, hotel staff did offer to pick us up from the square as we were with 3 women. Also the airport transfer was very smooth. Stayed in other riyads as well, but this one is very authentic and price/value absolutely ok.

Room Tip: Blue house if you want your private riyad!
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2018

We came to celebrate my birthday and had eight rooms at the hotel each of them was very different in size and decor. The charming courtyards, the friendly service, good meals, comfortable spaces everywhere to spend an afternoon or evening. We felt like in our own home with lots of staff. Beautiful terrace for breakfast or drinks with splendid views. Some of the rooms may need some refurbishment.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank amankora
Reviewed September 24, 2017

Our experience was amazing! We stayed 2 night at Riyad El Cadi. Very cool and cozy Riad in Medina. I love hotels that located in the heart of the city. Because when you go shopping, sometimes you want to put items in the room and go out again. Riyad El Cadi's location is very good! You will find yourself directly in Medina. 2 minutes to walk to biggest and famous square, Jemaa el-Fnaa.

Staff is very friendly and helpful, especially Samir. Breakfast is very good and rich. All properties are well designed and decorated. Room was very clean and decorated nicely. The pool is amazing, like heaven! Highly recommended to stay there when you visit Marrakech.

Room Tip: Our room was Piscine. Pool view and wide.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kronikgezgin
Reviewed September 23, 2017

Great location just in Medina and easy to walk to Jemaa El-fna square. I feels like a little oasis in the middle of a bustling city. The room was spacious and nicely decorated. Super clean and The employee was very helpful and friendly. Big thanks to Samir. He served mint tea and I think one of the best tea in Morocco. Breakfast was also the best in Morocco for me. Fresh orange juice, mixed fruit salad, bakery basket, homemade jams, cheese and butter, homemade yogurt. Overall, the breakfast was amazing. I felt in love with the peaceful and quite pool side. I did not want to leave from the riad. If we travel to Marrakech again, the only place we would stay is here.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are quite
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple