“Oasis in the Red City.”
Review of Atlas Medina & Spa

Atlas Medina & Spa
Ranked #198 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed two nights in this lovely hotel. This is a large hotel with an outlook onto an extensive pool and outdoor cafe area. The lobby had fountains, waterfall and a good selection of artwork to view. The lobby also had a very interesting shop with a variety of Moroccan souvenirs and handicrafts including attractive leather goods.
Our room had a large balcony with an outdoor setting and a great view of the pool area. In the distance we could see the Atlas mountains with snow caps which was quite a contrast. Bathroom was good, separate toilet area and a shower/bath and hand basin area in the main part of the bathroom. Great toiletries - vivid blue soap that I wish I could buy at home - must have some argan oil in it, as it was very soft to the skin.
Breakfast buffet was very good and we tried the dinner buffet one night and it was excellent. Moroccans love their sweets and so do we!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank heritage255068

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Traveled here with a girlfriend for five days ( which may be the wrong thing to do , two women on their own in a Muslim country ?)- encountered a very disturbing incident with a male member of staff, which left me feeling very violated.......THREE visits to senior members of staff........each time stating that i had " a formal complaint to make".....but still no contact from anyone to apologize for the incident or to offer further protection in the safety of knowing this would never happen to another female guest ?.....until I explained to the Manager that this showed very little respect to me and other women- i was again insulted when i returned to our room to find a "fruit basket and 2 small bottles of water" - as an apology !!
more alarming was that the exact same thing was repeated the next day !, even though we had been assured that an emergency staff meeting had been called and that this type of incident would NEVER happen again ??,,,,,and 24hrs later ......it did !!!!!
I do wonder that if I had been a guest there with my partner, and he had complained on my behalf - things would have been dealt with differently? (although, since returning home and telling him of the incident, he has said he would have probably knocked the fella out and ended up in prison anyway !)
Wont be going back anytime soon :(

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel has substantial garden and swimming pool facilities. The lobby is quite spacious with large adjoining guest lounges that have enough room to find yourself a quiet spot. Good for business conferences.

The twin bedded room was comfortable with a table, an armchair and sofa too. The bathroom was nice and clean with a separate toilet recess. A sliding glass door opened out to the balcony furnished with an outdoor setting of table and chairs.

The buffet breakfast was good but not a wide variety on offer. The free wi-fi operated only in the lobby area. One of our bedside lamp was not working because of a blown light bulb. We requested maintenance but nothing happened. Anyway we had to leave the next morning to continue our journey.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OldSaint
Reviewed February 18, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mustapha S
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights on business and it more than met needs.

Hotel has some really nice common areas and restaurant was more than acceptable.

Nice room, a little dated but comfortable and good size. Bed was comfortable and air con was quiet and efficient.

Certainly good for business trip and would like to have stayed longer to see the more recreational aspects of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic time I had here with my partner & we will return one day to the 5 star service. My partner & I got engaged in Marrakech and the concierge arrange the perfect setting at Riad Kniza, we spent the evening there for dinner & drinks. Thanks to staff at Atlas they help me out & arranged my night, I didn't have a shirt so the hotel went out bought one for me, washed, dried & ironed it leaving it in my cupboard ready to go, as I could not let my partner know what was being planned. Then Atlas arranged a driver & upon arrival at Riad, concierge knew what was going on because the two hotel were in the know. Thanks heaps everyone, more so Atlas concierge. Rooms at Atlax were big, lovely modern with a touch of morrocon style, we had an awesome view over looking the pool & also had a two hour spa treatment finished off with a body massage. Best stay in morocco yet & we visited 4 hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and loved it! Buffet breakfast and dinner with fantastic, fresh food, impeccable service, clean rooms, beautiful lounge and pool areas, convenient location close to downtown yet far enough to find peace from the chaotic street scene.
Two thumbs up! Pleasantly surprised. I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends