Tachfine Hotel
  • Restaurant
Villa El Gada(Marrakech)
Hotel le Caspien(Marrakech)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 11, 2012

spent too nights here recently. Excellent, confortable bed and very efficient AC and peaceful room, despite being underneath the bar, meant that we had an excellent and refreshing nights sleep.

However, the problem with the hotel was its cleanliness - I have never seen such a badly cleaned room with large bits of dust and crumbs everywhere! We viewed two rooms in the hotel that were exactly the same.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pinoudelondres
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

More of a city break than a summer holiday. Yes breakfast was the same everyday but the waiter was friendly and attentive. Great place for young people with nightlife and trendy bars not for the older couple.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Karlene S
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My partner and I, stayed at this hotel in september 2011, before moving on to Essaouira. On arrival about 6pm , the guy on the desk acted as though he could'nt be bothered, was half asleep. Not a good start for our 3rd time in Marrakesh.
The lift to our room was tiny and smelly. The room basic , smelled musky, we opened curtains to our balcony to let in air, it stayed open all the time of our stay [only 3 nights thank god]
1 plus, the towels were actually white and clean!!
Breakfast [don't bother] the lift was broken, so we had to walk up stairs, not good as I have a bad hip. There was only 1 other couple having breakfast at the time, although all tables were laid out and the hotel was full. Soon found out why! An old man 80ish did his best to provide for us even though there were younger staff hanging around, doing nothing. I asked for more orange juice, which he willing provided, He was very attentive, I felt sorry for him working at that age, whilst others lazed about, so I tipped him a few dirhams [30] Hope he got himself a treat, he deserved it.
On the first day,after shopping, tired and thirsty, went to the hotel bar, ground floor and got told we could'nt have a drink [closed] locals in having a drink and it was 2.45pm. Closed at 3pm.
We were told to go to the roof top bar, closed as well. Was'nt a happy bunny.Nearly had a row with staff, but gave up and went to our room for drinks [bought from shop nearby].
We did'nt eat at the hotel again, but there are good cheap cafe/bistro's within yards nearby.
The roof top bar and veranda is ok at night , good veiws, cheap drinks, music and full of locals. The bar toilets are something to be desired {YUK] don't GO there, use your room loo instead.
I am not new to Marrakesh, so know what to expect, but for a 3 star hotel it's diabolical.
NEVER again.

Room Tip: No tips, but it's ok for those on a tight budget, just don't expect the Ritz
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gr20goody
Reviewed March 27, 2012

For the price I suppose I feel a little bad rating it as poor, but 3 stars it isn't. The hotel is old and dated in a bad way. Even down to the rugs, linen, curtains, towels. They are all faded and look several decades old. Some of the rooms (we stayed in 2 different rooms) are in a state of disrepair (holes in the walls, floor, ceiling, doors broken, plumbing dodgy. How they justified buying brand new flat screen tvs for every room and not buying new sheets is beyond me. The air con is very noisy and the balcony door doesn't close.

That said it is cheap (even includes breakfast), safe and clean. I have paid more and stayed in worse. The breakfast was plain but safe. The location was fairly convenient. It is ideal for a short stop off for a night or if you are backpacking on a budget. Otherwise pay a bit more for somewhere nicer.

Room Tip: The penultimate floor I would imagine is quieter. The top floor is away from the noisy street but then the roof is a bar which is open and noisy late into the night. Ask for somewhere in the middle.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank djk1001
Reviewed February 9, 2012

room very dirty esp bathroom, very noisy, breakfast very poor, furniture very dated all furniture had paint splatters all over them only 1/2 a toilet roll a day put in room builing work going on over the road so ver noisy 48mins walkt to medina asked for new room but it never happened was so dissapointed would not reccomend at all

Room Tip: dont use this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple