“Dont be tricked by the decor” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #572 of 760 Restaurants in Marrakech
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Reservations, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Dont be tricked by the decor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Its a really expensive bar with poor service. If that is what you want, then you found your place. Nothing more to say but there is thy 100 wors limit to fill... La la la

Hampshire
“Relaxed dining with great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

A 6th floor restaurant with panoramic views over the new and old city to the Atlas mountains (on a clear night).
Good fresh food, great tastes and textures.
Good service, formal but relaxed enough to allow you to enjoy your experience.

Visited August 2013
Callington, United Kingdom
“Spoilt for choice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed the 'La Renaissance' experience.
Lunch at the Brasserie on the 6th floor terrace was 150 dirhams/£12.50 per head, for all you could eat. We managed to constrain ourselves and not over indulge. The food was well presented and palatable, a far cry from one establishment in Place Jemaa el-Fna, which served up 'lamb chops', which comprised bone and sinew that the dogs and cats had overlooked, for 200 dirhams / £16.00. On that fateful evening, the local couple opposite us, paid 25 dirhams / £2.00 in total for their meal! So, for the tourist, 'La Renaissance' was food heaven and excellent value for money! The staff were attentive and not intrusive.
La Renaissance Roof Top Bar. Once again I can't fault it. The Hotel has a licence to sell alcohol. I slaked my thirst with the local 'Casablanca' lager, which at 5 % vol.and served chilled, is most acceptable. Other 'foreign' brews are available and there are cocktails too. The whole ambiance kept me in holiday mode. Really comfortable seating in the warm outdoors, subdued lighting and pleasant background music. Well it suited my taste in music! I would have liked to have stayed on and seen the night out, but I was driving over the Atlas Mts. next day.
La Renaissance Cafe. Of all the coffees I bought, I had the best tasting coffee here, but then I drink 'Carte Noir' coffee back home. Too many of the coffees I bought in Morocco resembled warm milky water. One essential ingredient was missing from most cups!.
We stayed in Gueliz, the New Town area of Marrakech, but not at La Renaissance Hotel. La Renaissance has a mention in my travel book, for being in typical 1950's style. I am so pleased we made the effort to see what was on offer.
If you endure a disaster, then cheer yourself up by paying a visit here.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
London
“Sadly very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My friend and I ate at the Brasserie after having a cocktail on their roof terrace & seeing that the restaurant was empty. The food (chicken) was very disappointing, dry and bland. Also the service was so lax it was as if they weren't fussed if you were there or not. We were given some bread, so asked for butter which had already been opened! Not quite what we expected from La Renaissance, shame as the interior was beautiful.

Visited March 2013