“Complete waste of time and effort”
Review of Agdal Gardens

$83.86*
Marrakech Night Tasting Bike Tour
Ranked #99 of 165 things to do in Marrakech
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have to admit I was completely taken in by the postcard image of this place. Gullible me!

I walked to the Agdal Gardens - open only two days a week - from Jemaa El Fna ... walked and walked and walked! The network of uneven gravel 'roads' is not kind to feet.

This place is part of the royal residence and truly much ado about nothing.

The day I was there, the main pavilion was roped off, so it wasn't possible to get the postcard picture of the Atlas Mountains.

The main pond, in which the 19th-century Sultan Mohammed IV tragically drowned while rowing with his son, was filled with grit and algae.

Blazing sun, blistering heat and nothing much to see.

Pretty on postcards; dull in reality. Complete waste of time and energy.

1  Thank starlightShanghai

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

These were huge but hard to find the entrance. They aren't really maintained gardens. Rather more of a set of plants out in some land. My biggest waste of time and worst ever review. Please don't waste you time visiting. I wished I had read trip advisor reviews before walking 40mins from of Riad in Marrakesh to this place....them walk back disappointed

4  Thank Aman K
Reviewed April 27, 2014

They were a lot smaller than i thought. Lots of roses, but these were everywhere in the country. Think it would be very dry in the summer.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

If there is one thing to listen to on trip advisor.. this is it. Do not go here!!!!!!! It is awful. The road entering the garden is very rough not easy if walking. And people are sitting around on mud eating and having picnics. There's no benches no signs. When we got to the big lake... It was full of Brown water and had man eating fish (this is what the security man said). I would avoid this place..

3  Thank Farah I
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I'm sure some will disagree, but personally I didn't think much of the gardens, but like most things travelling you need to find out for yourself and explore.