“Exceptional”
Review of Riad Al-Bushra

Riad Al-Bushra
Ranked #6 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 25, 2013

At the end of our stay we were asked is there anything we could improve on and my answer was an emphatic no. Riad al Bushra was faultless, the riad is beautiful, rooms were luxurious and our hosts Steve and Gary could not have done more to make us feel at home and truly welcomed. Nothing was too much trouble from the moment we arrived until we left left. Exquisite place to stay in this exotic city. The combination was perfect. Helen

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
SteveLennox, Owner at Riad Al-Bushra, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and also liked Marrakech. It is indeed an exotic city. We try to promote a relaxed atmosphere in the Riad and we are glad that you felt at home. Hopefully we will see you back at Riad Al-Bushra in the future.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

As a solo female traveller I wanted to experience the real Marrakech and stay in the Medina but was worried about choosing a Riad. Riad Al Bushra was recommended by a friend for which I'm truly grateful. The taxi the Riad organised for me took me to the Medina gate where I was met by the owner Gary and the cart man which was really reassuring and made me feel very safe and secure.

The wow factor starts as soon as you enter the building, the Riad has been lovingly and authentically restored. Every room is different but is superbly and exquisitely furnished. The attention to detail is amazing and the little touches you expect from a 5 star hotel are all to be found, wi fi, toiletries, a beautiful robe, a hair dryer that is powerful and works very time!

I'm not a breakfast eater but was really touched that the owner recognised this and ensured I had exactly what I wanted, even taking the trouble to notice I'd taken a liking to the lemon pastry making sure there was always one in the basket and tea on tap, perfection!

The first morning I was orientated to the city and given a superb easy to follow map, it gave me the confidence to venture into the Medina by myself during the day and at night. All recommendations for evening meals were perfect and exactly as described.

The roof terrace is a haven of tranquility and a perfect sun trap which if I was you are looking for rest and relaxation.

I'm already planning my next trip and will book that stunning Riad without hesitation.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Zoe P

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you felt safe and secure as a solo traveler. On the whole the Medina is very safe but we chose the Mouassine area as its proximity to the Royal Palace means there is a high presence of security and we hoped this would appeal to solo travelers. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Recommend by a friend, stayed for a week... this place is faultless! From the consummate hosting of Gary to the breathtaking elegance adorning the entire riad, every prerequisite was fulfilled and believe me when I say, we ain't the easiest people to please!
Nothing was to much trouble for Gary, his local knowledge invaluable and the culinary treats that await you, divine!
Would certainly return without hesitation!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Magadon1

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We note that you would choose to return to us if you made another visit to Marrakech. Thank you for your confidence in us. You would be very welcome and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Riad Al Bushra was recommended to us by a friend and it certainly didn't disappoint. Gary met us at the drop off point and from there on in he was on hand to ensure that we made the most of our time in Marrakech; always available to give advice whether it be on local Spas & Hammams, trips to the Atlas mountains, shopping in the Souks or recommendations on where to eat and drink - listen to him he really knows what he's talking about! The Riad is absolutely beautiful and is perfectly situated in the Medina, so close to the hustle & bustle of the main square, the Souks and the new town yet when you are there it is so peaceful, the perfect place for R&R. The breakfast is amazing and definitely sets you up for a day of exploring and you really must try their Moroccan Feast - it's devine - but make sure you have room for it as it is truly a feast!! Marrakech is a magical place and I have to say, so is Riad Al Bushra.

Room Tip: Stay in the Blue Room if you can - highly recommended.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank samba001

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is most appreciated. We are delighted that you liked the food. We have tried hard to set our guests up well for the day by providing a comprehensive breakfast and we will pass your compliments on to Fatti (our cook) regarding the Moroccan feast. Thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Words cannot describe how Gary & Steve enhanced my visit to this beautiful country...They came to meet us at our drop off point & from that moment my stay was one of cosseted indulgence. I would not want to spoil all the special moments that await you, but suffice to stay I can think of nowhere else I would now stay on my return to Marrakech next year...From stepping into their beautiful home on the first night which was a definite Wow, to the advice they gave us on what to see & do....my friends & I felt safe, assured and truly spoilt....See you next year chaps..x

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful, authentic and extremely comfortable...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank brinet001
SteveLennox, Owner at Riad Al-Bushra, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and that you would not consider staying anywhere else. Also a very warm thank you for the card you sent on your return. A very nice touch that is truly appreciated. See you next year.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Riad Al Bushra is, quite simply, the best place I have ever stayed. And here's why:
1. The Riad
Beautiful bedrooms; a stunning and picturesque roof-toop where breakfast is served; a splendid courtyard, perfect for relaxation- every square inch of the interior of the Riad has been carefully, beautifully and tastefully designed and decorated by the owners, Gary and Steve. The bedrooms are so comfortable and relaxing, as well as stunningly decorated. As soon as we arrived my girlfriend and I were awash with a mixture and delight and annoyance that we could only spend 8 nights in such a great room!! Coming home to our more prosaic and plain room has been a great disappointment!! You simply won't stay in nicer rooms anywhere else.
2. The Location
The Riad is perfectly located in the Medina. The famous El Fna Square is a five minute walk, and the New Town is not much further. The Souks are on your doorstep. And yet, despite this perfect location, near to all Marrakech's wonderful busyness, the Riad is incredibly quiet and peaceful. Restaraunts, cafes and shops are all nearby and as other reviewers have noted the owners are incredibly helpful in suggesting all the best spots.
3. The Owners
This is what really lifts the Riad Al Bushra above all the rest. Gary and Steve really made our holiday in Marrakech. You won't eat a better breakfast than the one on offer here and the two guys really go the extra mile to make sure that you have everything you need to have a great time. Helpful and kind, far beyond what you could reasonably expect from owners, my girlfriend and I enjoyed getting to know them so much and can only say that you will simply not find people more suited to running a Riad and ensuring you have the best time possible.

Staying at Riad Al Bushra was a pleasure from start to finish and if you are considering a trip to Marrakech (which you absolutely should) then make sure you make the Riad Al Bushra your base: Perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack O

You have highlighted a number of things in your review and we really appreciate this, thank you. We are delighted that you had such a good time. It was a real pleasure having you stay at the Riad and we look forward to you returning in the future. A big thank you.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had a really hard choice picking a Riad for our summer adventure to Morocco as there were so many available and they all looked great. Having seen a few during our time in Marrakech I'm so glad we chose Riad Al Bushra though!

The British owner Gary emailed us regularly before we arrived to arrange airport transfers and even offered a room upgrade. Having a English speaking contact makes everything in Marrakech a lot easier and he was very generous with his time and extremely attentive to ensure we made the most of our time exploring the city and chilling out in the Riad. We visited in August so it was very hot but there's a lovely pool in the courtyard for you to sit in and beat the mid day heat. The Riad was completely renovated starting in 2012 and looks amazing throughout with the quality of finish similar to what you'd find in a boutique hotel. The location is great with a 5 minute walk out of the inner medina to catch taxis or less than 10 minutes the other way to reach the main square. Breakfast served on the roof terrace is amazing and I challenge anyone to finish it all as we got litres of orange juice and coffee, yoghurts, french pastries, fruit salad, eggs and local pancakes, yum!

Room Tip: Gary the owner emailed me in advance to suggest a free room upgrade as I'd initially just chosen...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan W

Thank you for your very kind review. We are both delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We have tried to focus on the breakfast and hope our breakfasts set people up for the day. We are thrilled you have highlighted this as a good experience in your review. Thank you. We hope you will return to Riad Al-Bushra in the future.