Sahara Palace Marrakech
$46
$121
$61
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a wonderful few days at the Taj Palace.
When we arrived hot from the journey we were showered with rose petals as we walked up the entrance steps & given a cooling towel & cold drink in the huge reception room.
Our personal butler showed us around the hotel & gardens & finally into our stunning room with a huge balcony & amazing views! there was complimentary fruit, cool water, dates & wine in our room too.
The pool was huge & there were plenty of sun beds or canopy beds to choose from.
The service from staff was very attentive & they were all very knowledgeable & helpful. The pool staff bough round cold bottles of water & fruit drinks at regular intervals.
We had a very interesting guided tour/trip to the city, visiting Jardin Majorelle & the Medina + spent a bit of time 'pond watching' the frogs, water snake & terrapins in the Palace garden.
The food and drink was reasonably expensive at the hotel but the quality was good.
All in all a truly Amazing place to stay! if you get the chance don't take my word for it go & see for yourself :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sue A
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed for our wedding anniversary. Had a Fabulous time. The Taj Palace is stunningly beautiful. The pool area is huge and so peaceful. The staff just couldn't do enough for you. Can't believe this hotel isn't number one in Marrakesh.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sannstoner
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I cant tell you how much I loved this place. It is 5 star, but a proper five star. Stunning grounds, great pool, lovely decor, and huge (80 sq metre) room. The bed had a super king sized bed, we had a large patio to watch the sunset, and as other reviewers have said, separate dressing room, bathroom, wc with bidet, and wet room. Lovely bright marble and Indian/Moroccan themed interior.

There are some great touches which make the stay palatial. On arrival, there was a welcome drink whilst we checked in. When we got to the room, there was fruit and some wine waiting for us to welcome us. By the poolside, the chap brings you water when you arrive (and sometimes some complimentary fruit drink, depending on the time of day). The towels are on each sunbed, and the guy will run out and unfold it for you if he gets to you in time. All these things probably seem very small, but they do contribute to a great experience.

One great thing was that the room was cleaned twice a day. And I mean properly cleaned, with clothes folded and surfaces cleaned both times. Another really nice touch was that they filled out our departure cards for immigration, so that when we got to the airport, we could go straight to immigration (we saw lots of confused tourists who were turned away once they got to the front of the queue).

The key thing about the hotel is the service, though. You want a taxi in ten minutes? No problem. You want breakfast in the room? No problem. You want a restaurant or a Hammam recommendation in town? No problem. You want your martini dry and dirty? You guessed it - no problem. The general manager also checked with us that his staff were looking after us properly. Trust me, they were.

One tip I would give you all is this: when you are getting a taxi back from town, make sure you mention the area, which is Bab Atlas. We had one driver take us to the wrong place - apparently there are three "palace" hotels in Marrakech, and you want to be brought to the right one.

Even though I was only there for three nights, I genuinely feel like I have had a proper holiday. If you are thinking about it, just go!!

Room Tip: I think that all the rooms are pretty similar, we were in 130 and we had a great view of the sunset, so you might want the same (that of course changes depending on the time of year).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Hlemette
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This really is an amazing hotel. As you check in rose petals fall from “the sky”, and a nice bracelet is giving (our girls liked it a lot) We stayed in this palatial hotel in July (4-11). As there was 4 of us, we had connecting Riad rooms and everything other Tripadvisor contributors wrote is true: rooms are amazing, huge, silent. cool and comfortable.
We where on a half board option ( 40 euro per person per day) and to be honest, we could have done without that.
Ramadan was beginning during our stay and I felt a little bit uncomfortable to drink (temperature was very high) and eat during the day knowing that the people who work there could not do that until sundown. They did not matter at all, it was only my own feeling/emotion.

The employees are so nice, helpful, friendly and kind, it is really unbelievable. Thank you all for heaving a very nice holiday!

So Tripadvisor readers: do not hesitate: book it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank HelenaNetherlands
Reviewed July 19, 2013

From the second we turned onto the stretching drive of the Taj Palace, I was in heaven and I stayed there until I left. The palace is stunning from the outside and enchanting from the inside. Any expectations I had were exceeded by far.
the food was very nice, Rooms are so comfirtable

We stayed in a garden Riad room, which was lovely . A beautiful bed and decorations, with a spacious changing area that leads onto a bathroom with bath, double sink and dressing table, and shower are very hot and toilet on the other side,
so nice place.