“Like an old trusted friend and travel companion”
Review of Rough Tours

Rough Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whether you are a traveller on an epic journey, looking for a short getaway, or dreaming of a life changing adventure, the new tours offerings were designed to fulfill your unique personal travel dreams and make each journey a memorable experience. The RoughTours Company has a team of certified and experienced guides and drivers who will ensure your comfort, safety and enjoyment as you travel to your chosen Moroccan destinations. They are passionate about sharing their culture, heritage and history; the traveller can be assured of a visual discovery and narrative education of what makes Morocco legendary. The integrity of the team and the value of the services provided by RoughTours Company is guided in principle by a travel philosophy based on professionalism, and a commitment to engage the traveller in a unique cultural immersion.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 14, 2013

It has been a year since my last visit to Morocco. Its magic is irresistible and one is drawn to it over and over again. As I was when I recently went on yet another visit coinciding with a holiday in Europe.

As a solo female travelling in Morocco, I once again entrusted my comfort, safety, and enjoyment to an ‘old and tried’ travel companion – Rough Tours.
On this recent visit, Rough Tours proved once again that their team of guides and drivers are professional, expert travel providers who are fully engaged with delivering a high caliber of service that is consistently responsive, heartfelt and fun. As I was travelling around, Rough Tours designed a variety of activities and sightseeing that showcased the diversity of Morocco’s cultural landscape – with thoughtful consideration to my time frame, interests, and budget. From the initial planning of my itinerary that involved many revisions to include places I have not visited before, to the choices of accommodations, and spontaneous wonderful moments and photo ops along the way, my Rough Tours guide and driver took care of details and inevitable complications of solo travel in unfamiliar territory.

As a result, my journey became a collection of fascinating experiences, amazing memories and thousands of photos!

“One” is never travelling alone when a Rough Tours guide is on the driver’s seat.

6  Thank LG1031
in 9 reviews
"off road"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our experience with Rough Tours was priceless. Said our guide and driver was courteous, punctual and extremely knowledgeable. The tour was very well planned and managed. We felt as if we had known Said for ages, and were a bit sad when we bid goodbye. I highly recommend this tour company to anyone who wants to explore Morocco, and if you get Said as your driver and guide, you have struck gold. The desert safari was an icing on the cake.

2  Thank Gurpreet B
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had the most wonderful tour with our excellent guide, Youssef Bani. This tour went way above our expectations. First of all, organising the tour was a delight, Youssef was extremely helpful and prompt. Then was our guide, Youssef Bani, who made us feel really comfortable from the moment we met him. He truly is a gem, so full of information and so happy to answer all of our questions. We chose the deluxe tour and were blown away. The airconditioned 4x4 was extremely comfortable for the four of us and all of our luggage. The hotels and camp site were extremely nice and fancy. My partner and I have been travelling for one year and this tour was by far the best tour we have ever been on. We know a few people going to Morocco and have been highly recommending this company to our friends. Thanks guys, you really made our desert tour FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

2  Thank SLSTEEL
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I can't recommend this company enough! I recently booked a private Sahara tour with some friends. From the moment our tour guide picked us up we had the most amazing time and experience in Morocco. Absolutely everything on the tour was perfect, from the food, the car (a very comfy and air conditioned 4x4) the accommodation and most of all our tour guide Youseff! I felt safe at all times, and I learnt a lot from Youseff about Berber culture and history. We were also given ample time at stops to take photos, or grab a drink or bite to eat.
I can't express enough what an amazing experience I had thanks to Roughtours.

2  Thank Lu198
See more reviews
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I usually take good or bad reviews with a grain of salt; but I am happy to report that Youssef and the rest of the Rough Tours Team exceeded every expectation I could have had.

We didn't have a lot of time in Marrakech, so we booked a one day excursion to Ouzoud Falls in the Atlas Mountains. Youssef was awesome from the first email; responding almost instantly to all of my multitude of questions. After booking the tour, I realized that they also did airport transfers. As a couple of single females we were slightly concerned about finding a safe, hassle free ride to our hotel, Rough Tours provided the answer with a VERY reasonable price. They not only were waiting in the arrivals area with our name on a sign, but they even stuck around to ensure that we were safely checked-in to our hotel.

The Ouzoud Excursion was perfect. It's a bit of a drive into the mountains but Ishmial (not sure on the spelling) and Youssef had a clean, comfortable vehicle for us, stopped when ever we needed and kept us entertained/informed without being annoying. The Falls were beautiful and there was a great taste of the local culture to be had. Watch out for the boats if you decide to go swimming ;)

I would give Rough Tours six stars if I could.

4  Thank ersturge