“100% Amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rough Tours - Day Tours

Rough Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whether you are a traveller on an epic journey, looking for a short getaway, or dreaming of a life changing adventure, the new tours offerings were designed to fulfill your unique personal travel dreams and make each journey a memorable experience. The RoughTours Company has a team of certified and experienced guides and drivers who will ensure your comfort, safety and enjoyment as you travel to your chosen Moroccan destinations. They are passionate about sharing their culture, heritage and history; the traveller can be assured of a visual discovery and narrative education of what makes Morocco legendary. The integrity of the team and the value of the services provided by RoughTours Company is guided in principle by a travel philosophy based on professionalism, and a commitment to engage the traveller in a unique cultural immersion.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Richmond, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“100% Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Amazing! Absolutely Fantastic! We (our family of four, two adults and two teenage girls) are pretty seasoned travelers and can very highly recommend Youssef Boughrara and Rough Tours for anyone wanting to visit Morocco. Youssef was a stellar guide: his English (as well as French, Arabic, Berber etc.) is excellent and we saw far, far more than we ever could have on our own. This is a man who always had a kind word and a gracious manner for anyone with whom he was speaking. He was able to delight and humor the teenage contingent and at the same time effortlessly teach us about Moroccan and Islamic culture and history. It was like traveling with a friend: there was no pressure, plans were flexible and laughter abundant.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sheryl T

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Antonio, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Trip to Ride Camels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a great time riding camels in Merzouga. A one hour tour in the Sahara Desert was just perfect for riding and still not being saddle sore the next day. March was a great time of year--not too hot at all. Our guide was great to talk with and have tea, of course!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank PAL6123
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Desert experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Recently went on a desert tour. There was a fair amount of driving involved as many of our destinations were deep in the Moroccan desert. Nevertheless, the SUV provided was spacious and comfortable and our guide Adi was entertaining and knowledgeable. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Eugene O
lake district
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We did 2 day trips, the first one to Essaouira. Any questions we had were answered with relaxed confidence and a sense of humour. The harbour was wonderful and we felt we were transported back in time. After a very good "fish lunch" the four of us headed back. I could go on in great detail, but suffice to say that this trip is well worth doing. A completely different Morocco.
The second trip was to the Ourika Valley. On the way we encountered a tree full of goats (!) and stopped off at a Berber family's house. Very very interesting and touching how they look after each other. Finished off with tea, freshly baked bread, butter and honey and pleasant conversation. Only to be toped by our guide Hasnouni who seemed to have all the answers. Onwards to the Atlas mountains and a little walk to higher regions. Unfortunately the rains had not materialized this year, so it was not as green as usual, but still impressive. I'll keep the next chapter short: I slipped, broke my ankle, Hasnoini piggy backed(!!) me down in very difficult conditions, Youssef, the driver, did a "Michael Schuhmacher" and took us to hospital. They stayed with us, translated when necessary, got me even a prescription and even came back later that evening to see if everything was ok. Wow! Without them it would have been a nightmare. So as you can see, I was more than very well looked after. They treat you as an individual and not just a number. One regret is that I didn't do the a longer tour, but there is always next time!
So if you want interesting, exciting, different and fun then go with them!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank keswickian
Split, Croatia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“RoughTours is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I and our friend had an eye opening, and life-changing experience in Morocco with RoughTours and their guide, and now friend, Said! I personally don't like to do tours, but since this was our first time in Morocco and since it was only 3 of us and our guide, Said, I decided to give RoughTours a try, and I am very glad I did. Said gave us great insight into the political, natural, and historical side of Morroco. We went to spectacular Kasbah's, and took an amazing camel ride with a spectacular sunset, not to mention the sand-boarding, star gazing(best ever), tajine dinner in a Berber tent(delicious), traditional singing around the camp fire(even I took up the dums), and teaching each other new games in the Sahara desert.

What an experience!