“Brilliant”
Review of Rough Tours

Rough Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whether you are a traveller on an epic journey, looking for a short getaway, or dreaming of a life changing adventure, the new tours offerings were designed to fulfill your unique personal travel dreams and make each journey a memorable experience. The RoughTours Company has a team of certified and experienced guides and drivers who will ensure your comfort, safety and enjoyment as you travel to your chosen Moroccan destinations. They are passionate about sharing their culture, heritage and history; the traveller can be assured of a visual discovery and narrative education of what makes Morocco legendary. The integrity of the team and the value of the services provided by RoughTours Company is guided in principle by a travel philosophy based on professionalism, and a commitment to engage the traveller in a unique cultural immersion.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We did 2 day trips, the first one to Essaouira. Any questions we had were answered with relaxed confidence and a sense of humour. The harbour was wonderful and we felt we were transported back in time. After a very good "fish lunch" the four of us headed back. I could go on in great detail, but suffice to say that this trip is well worth doing. A completely different Morocco.
The second trip was to the Ourika Valley. On the way we encountered a tree full of goats (!) and stopped off at a Berber family's house. Very very interesting and touching how they look after each other. Finished off with tea, freshly baked bread, butter and honey and pleasant conversation. Only to be toped by our guide Hasnouni who seemed to have all the answers. Onwards to the Atlas mountains and a little walk to higher regions. Unfortunately the rains had not materialized this year, so it was not as green as usual, but still impressive. I'll keep the next chapter short: I slipped, broke my ankle, Hasnoini piggy backed(!!) me down in very difficult conditions, Youssef, the driver, did a "Michael Schuhmacher" and took us to hospital. They stayed with us, translated when necessary, got me even a prescription and even came back later that evening to see if everything was ok. Wow! Without them it would have been a nightmare. So as you can see, I was more than very well looked after. They treat you as an individual and not just a number. One regret is that I didn't do the a longer tour, but there is always next time!
So if you want interesting, exciting, different and fun then go with them!

2  Thank keswickian
There are newer reviews for Rough Tours

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I and our friend had an eye opening, and life-changing experience in Morocco with RoughTours and their guide, and now friend, Said! I personally don't like to do tours, but since this was our first time in Morocco and since it was only 3 of us and our guide, Said, I decided to give RoughTours a try, and I am very glad I did. Said gave us great insight into the political, natural, and historical side of Morroco. We went to spectacular Kasbah's, and took an amazing camel ride with a spectacular sunset, not to mention the sand-boarding, star gazing(best ever), tajine dinner in a Berber tent(delicious), traditional singing around the camp fire(even I took up the dums), and teaching each other new games in the Sahara desert.

What an experience!

1  Thank HotBanans
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I did the Ourika Valley & High Atlas Mountains day trip as a family present for her 70th birthday. It will never be forgotten. Rough Tours were as good as all the publicity which pointed us to them in the first place: they really do have a feel for the culture of Morocco.
The icing on the cake for my wife was having Youssef as our driver/guide - " a lovely young man" she thought. He certainly had an empathy with his passengers and perfectly judged our capabilities on the climb up to the waterfalls.
Add a memorable lunch at a mountain cafe to complete a perfect day.

1  Thank Scotty062
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Hassan and Said made our day. They were very informative. We felt very safe with Said's driving especially as he asked if anyone got car sick on twisting roads and when I said that I did, he drove very carefully. I felt fine the whole day which was great as we lost count of the hairpin bends! Hassan was very knowledgable and passionate about his country. We would recommend this trip.

2  Thank Auusietourist
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We absolutely LOVED doing the tour with RoughTours. This was a trip of a lifetime. At first, we were a little skeptical because all of the reviews of this tour company on TripAdvisor were almost too good to be true. However, the trip that this tour company organized for us was really just that perfect and so much more. We had Hassan as our guide and Youssef as our driver. Both were extremely professional and Hassan was very knowledgeable about Moroccan culture and history. We loved every single city we visited, including Marrakech and Fes. Hassan even took us to his village and we got to visit his family and experience true Moroccan hospitality.
The definite highlight of the trip was overnight camp in the desert so make sure to include that as part of your itinerary. We rode camels into the camp and were able to watch the beautiful sunrise and sunset from the dunes - just WOW!

Youssef, the owner of the company, perfectly arranged the entire trip for us. He was flexible in arranging the tour based on all the cities we wanted to visit and booked us really beautiful riads.

As 3 female travelers, we always felt safe and comfortable.

The greatest thing about this tour company is that they donate a certain percentage of the profits to Friends of Nomads, a charity that tries to help promote literacy for Berber children.

I would not change a single thing about this trip - again it was just simply PERFECT!

1  Thank S K