“Genuine, ethical, knowledgeable: Perfect guide for crazy city”

Marrakech Guided Tours
Ranked #7 of 851 Tours in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: Want to enjoy the magic of Marrakech free of hassle! ​​Marrakech Guided Tours has years of experience looking after guests coming to Morocco. We offer great insight into the culture and people of this exotic city and its gorgeous surroundings.Whether you are looking for a knowledgeable guide to show you the old city and historic sites, or to help you wind your way through the shops in the Souks, we know all the spots and enjoy sharing our expertise and making your visit exceptional. Our aim is to unveil the mystery and magic that Marrakech is. ​Through our customized services, Marrakech Guided Tours will welcome you to a kingdom of extraordinary sights, sounds and experiences.​
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We actually just finished the last 2 days with Abdul and are still in Marrakech. He was such a fantastic guide that I needed to write this review as it was still fresh in my head. First, we are a family of 3 which includes a rambunctious 4 year old. Abdul was a breath of fresh air in a city that will completely disorientate you and was a calming influence. The things that I expect from a guide were completely blown away by Abdul. He always looked out for our best interests, he entertained our 4 year old, he made sure that vendors were being genuine, showed us activities that no one else can show you on a mega tour, his knowledge base is amazing and no question was left unanswered. His love for his country completely shines through -- while he obviously made this a career you can still see his genuine appreciation for showing us his country and enthusiasm.

We booked 2 tours;

1. Full day tour -- lasts about 8 hours -- he showed us all the major sites -- he let us contour or tailor the tour with our interests during the entire day. For example, I needed a US travel adapter because our hotel did not have one that worked and Abdul helped me find one, it was rather cold weather here and he helped my wife find a shawl -- some private guides have a set agenda that they follow and that's it -- not Abdul. He constantly said that he would like to how us this if its okay or we can tell him something different. He always was looking out for my son -- talking to him, racing with him -- genuine and sincere acts as I can easily spot people who are faking it. He is a guide that is independent -- no kick backs, referrals, or commissions with anyone -- for eating we wanted something genuine whether it was street food or restaurant. He had thought about me, a vegetarian, my picky 4 year old, and my carnivorous wife -- he picked the best food. Abdul makes you feel comfortable because you're not going to know how to negotiate, not know the language, how much to tip... For example, many times he would argue with the locals when he felt they were overcharging me, or he felt that the tip was too much -- who does that? If you truly want someone on your side then he is your guide. Let me say this, whatever you want to see he will show you with confidence or he will show you what he thinks is important -- complete personal tour. I wanted activities for my son -- delivered with restroom Breaks, ice cream shops, camel rides, monkeys, snakes, looking at different animals....

2. Essaouira day tour -- amazing tour. I wanted to spend an hour on the beach so my son could play and Abdul said no problem. He made sure that we saw everything in a concise fashion and we were able to make my son happy. No one else would allow this much contouring. One last example: my son wanted to ride the camel on the beach and Abdul had a heated conversation with the owner as he wanted to charge us 300 MAD and Abdul said that was a total scam And he brought it down to 100 MAD. Abdul is passionate about being ethical as does not like it when locals try to overcharge or scam others. Look at his pricing for the tours -- it's well below especially in what he delivers.

Basically, if you want someone who will tell you the ins and outs of Marrakech, make you feel you have a friend in the city, makes sure you are not being taken advantage of, can easily handle children as little as mine, please book Abdul early. You will not make a better choice and your vacations will be so much better.

April 27 and 28th -- tours with Abdul

1  Thank indiancowboy
There are newer reviews for Marrakech Guided Tours

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Please do yourself a favour and do the tour with Abdul! If it's your first time in Marrakech it will totally transform your trip! And if you have been before you will still enjoy the tour as it shows you things you would never have found out just from walking around in your own. I have some fabulous photos to prove this! Abdul made us feel totally comfortable to ask any questions and never seemed tired despite having done the tour a million times over I'm sure! He will also guide you to the best eateries, handmade goods, and authentic oils and spices... thank you Abdul.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Abdul is one of the best guides i've ever had. Traveling as a single woman I was a bit apprehensive in such a chaotic city. Abdul made me feel at ease as soon as the tour began. He spoke excellent english, is passionate about his city and has so much knowledge to share, an excellent photographer and is interested in tailoring the tour to exactly what I was interested in seeing and experiencing.
He walked my pace and made sure I was seeing everything I had hoped to. We were able to interact with the locals, eat lunch from a street vendor (at my request- I wanted to try true authentic Moroccan street food. He is very careful to only take you to restaurants he trusts are clean and will not make you sick).
On my second day we took a trip to the Atlas mountains where I was able to hike through Berber villages and have drinks at The Kasbah du Toubkal. The views were amazing.
Book early because he is very popular!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We recently got back from our trip to Morocco, and although we went to a lot of places we were able to see Marrakech the best because of the tour. I say it was a much needed tour because there is so much we would have missed if we had not done the tour. Our guide Abdul was kind, very knowledgeable, and very patient with us (we were traveling with our 2 1/2 year old). I really did enjoy this tour very much and was sad when it ended because I had so many more questions to ask. I really would recommend this tour to anyone visiting Marrakech. It is an awesome city but you need someone who knows there way around to truly let you appreciate it.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Abdul was a great tour guide. Our main objective was to broadly see the city and get our bearings so our next few days we could walk around and feel comfortable we would not get lost. Abdul took special care to ensure we knew where we were and what to look for if we felt unsafe. This was especially important because we were traveling with a two year old. He even gave us his cellphone should we get lost during the rest of our stay. During our tour he provided a great deal of historic knowledge and showed us many off the beaten path areas that were very fascinating and beautiful. Thanks for everything Abdul!