This is a really well designed hotel with some great points. The good:
- stunning rooftop pool, and even more stunning basement spa. The indoor pool is amazing and never had anyone else in it
- beautifully designed rooms, comfortable beds
- the more junior staff, like waitresses at breakfast, maids and in the spa, we're utterly charming, as was the lead concierge
- included breakfast was good
So why only three stars? It just didn't have the service and organisation you'd expect from a hotel of this price and ambition. We arrived to discover the junior suite we'd booked wasn't available but instead were offered a downgrade for the first night, with a refund of the price difference (which never materialised on our bill) and then an upgrade for the next three.
Sounded good to us. And the first room was lovely, although it had half-eaten food in the cuboard and minibar. Sadly the next day when it was time to move no-one knew about it. Once we'd eventually managed to get access to our (admittedly enormous) suite, we asked for our bags to be moved. Age an hour and three requests weren't, so we had to get a maid to reopen the old room and move them ourselves.
On day 3 the room wasnt made up until we asked. On day 4 we asked for sun cream, which is offered in the room service menu. It tok two hours and two requests, and was eventually only achieved by the concierge being sent to the a shop.
The ambassador suite we were upgraded to was huge and had a great balcony, although unless you're obsessed with space for the sake of it the standard room is perfectly adequate. It was also showing signs of wear considering the hotel is so new - a broken bedside light switch, cigarette burn in the sofa, coffee machine and iPad playing up. We quickly discovered there wasnt much point reporting anything as not much was done.
We had a good time, and it's a very relaxing place for a break with superb leisure facilities. But the service isn't up to Morgans standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of a vibrant and magical city, The Pearl Marrakech exudes the mystery and exoticism of another world. This is the ultimate escape, a cool haven of discovery and pleasure. Whether seeking an engaging nightlife scene, renowned fine dining or a day of spa relaxation, The Pearl Marrakech is a luxurious experience, evoking a sophisticated, chic ambiance with discreet and effortless service. Designed by the acclaimed Jacques Garcia, its opulent interior blends precious marbles with sumptuous velvet and other rare textiles, creating an intimate atmosphere with a modern edge. Ceilings in the lobby are hand-carved wood, and a central rotunda is surrounded by an intricately patterned Moroccan design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Pearl Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.