“Miami Haven in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pearl Marrakech

The Pearl Marrakech
Ranked #162 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Chester
“Miami Haven in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Having stayed many times at the Morgans Hotels especially in Miami I was very excited that the Delano had opened in Marrakech..the hotel is uber cool & clever in it's design..the roof terrace was perfect to chill, the spa was just perfect to unwind after a day in the sun, my hamman treatment was the best ever!!! Having been to Marrakech a few times, it was a breath of freshair to have such a good Italian & Sushi Restaurant...but overall the best thing about this hotel was the staff...better then many 5 star hotels I have stayed in..nothing was too much trouble, and I mean NOTHING..my partner had left his jacket in Eassaouira ( almost 3 hrs away) and they organised a driver to pick it up ( and didnt charge) we had a free late checkout until 5pm and we got invited to the VIP opening party, again with free drinks.....I have told all my firends and we will return to the DELANO.....THANKS GUYS X X X

Room Tip: pick one without an ajoining door
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I'm a fan of the Delano in Miami and of Morgans Hotels in general. It was great news to me that there is now a Delano in Marrakech (plus a Mondrian apparently in the pipeline). So far the international hip / designhotel segment is missing in Marrakech, despite a myriad of Riads and oriental-style boutique hotels. I loved the Skybar on the 7. floor with absolutely breathtaking views over Marrakech's inner city and towards the Atlas Montains. The pool is not really for swimming, rather a circular plunge pool. The guests were an attractive young international crowd. The location is walking distance to the Djema el Fnaa marketplace or The King's Royal Mansour Hotel or the La Mamounia, which is a plus. The interior design is modern contemporary, not too flashy, almost elegant. The hotel will appeal for example to travelers who have been to Marrakech before and don't necessarily want the overloaded oriental look and feel, but more of a high-standard international product.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hi All,

I recently spent three nights in Delano Marrakech; the Hotel design is excellent and the rooms are really beautifully furnished and finished, somehow very very charming, given the spotless condition of the building and everything in it I assume it has been recently built. Great.

The hotel boasts a very cool roof terrace ( Los Angeles type of thing ) with swimming pool and several beds/sofas and tables where you can sunbath, drink or eat.
the location is also very good as it is just outside the Medina (you don't want to stay within the Medina if you also want to relax during your stay) but it's also close enough to pretty much all the action happening in Marrakech.

The staff was also very well trained, kind and, on average, dynamic and friendly.

It also happened that I used the indoor pool and the gym during my stay and these facilities are also in line with the high standard of the hotel.

So far so good; hence why am I giving 4 out of 5 and not the full mark? the answer is FOOD.

I found the food served in the hotel highly priced but the quality of it did not justify the price, for example I had a club sandwich in the roof terrace restaurant (priced at about 14 euros) but I found the ingredients used to fill it so uninteresting that I just had the bread, which was toasted but in my opinion was few days old, we also had dinner at the restaurant on the ground floor and the bread also seemed last saw the oven few days before; I have to say though that what really needs improvement is the breakfast, I found the buffet quite poorly variegated and after wondering around the 5 meters long buffet table I asked if I could have an omelette, with my surprise they told me that it was not included and I had to pay 8 euros if I wanted one, not exactly the kind of thing you would expect when you are paying over 200 euros per night (breakfast included?).

All in all I strongly advise to stay at Delano, I'm sure that the management will improve these small details in the future and it will be able to earn 5 out of 5 soon.

With Regards,