“Incredible position and food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Capaldi

The Capaldi
Ranked #96 of 1,171 Marrakech B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Incredible position and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Capaldi is set amongst gently sloping olive groves with great views to the Atlas mountains, which were snow capped when we visited in late March. Our room was very much in the Moroccan style which ochre externals walls and tile floors. The bathrooms are however modern and the a/c works well, though there was little need of it when we were there. Our room was set in a small block of three rooms amidst old olive trees roses. There are two pools - one more open by the main hotel building, and a smaller one with a great covered seating area and a fire that was lit in the brisk March evenings.

The ambience is very peaceful (no children under 12) and there are lots of places to sit, read and relax, inside and outside. Undoubtedly one of the highlights of the Capaldi is the food - home made bread and jams for breakfast, and innovative modern French / Moroccan food at lunch an dinner. A fixed menu for under Dihram 200 is an incredible bargain.

Overall a great place to unwind. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There are two suites with private pools ... pricy at around Euro 600 but worth it....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank NYFoodHound

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a stunning property set in an olive garden with beautifully decorated rooms and breathtaking views of the mountains. We had initially planned to stay at the Domaine Malika but the owners of Domaine Malika cancelled my booking at the last minute and handled my reservation very unprofessionally. In hindsight this worked out for the best as it led me to Hotel Capaldi. It was only by chance that I came across this property during my search and I have to say it is certainly a gem of a find. The owner Edward is a generous man and will go out of his way to make sure your stay is nothing short of perfect. The staff are very professional and keep the place looking immaculate. The food is certainly the star of the show as the Restaurant Capaldi. My wife and I are both vegetarian and for the 2 nights we stayed at hotel Capaldi the chef specially created 3 course vegetarian menu for us. The food was incredibly delicious and I would highly recommend the restaurant to anyone even if just visiting for the day.

The hotel is less than 30 mins drive from Marrakech this hotel has so much to offer including its own private cinema. The Hammam and massage package is not to be missed from the hotel spa. One of the best in Morocco! loved our stay there and would like to thank Edward and his staff for making our holiday extra special.

Room Tip: Junior suites - spacious and luxurious
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I came here with three friends to celebrate our 40th birthday's. We'd all stayed at their sister hotel (Riad Capaldi) the night before and decided to get away from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech and take time out to relax......and am I glad we did! This is a gorgeous hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. The owners Tara and Ed were an absolute joy and treated us like old friends even though we'd never met. Ed organised everything for us including sand dune buggying (recommended) and a car back into Marrakech on the last night and back again as well as all of our transfers. I would highly recommend staying here and look forward to going back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 128rosie
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

After 1 night in their sister Riad in the Medina of Marrakesh, myself and 3 friends travelled to this small hotel. Their riad had been wonderful but nothing prepared us for just how amazing this hotel is. The owners and our hosts Ed and Tara could not do enough for us, I have been lucky enough to see and stay in many beautiful hotels around the world and never have I been so welcomed in such an effortlessly elegant surroundings. The décor is outstanding with outside rooms and fires dotted around the place for you to escape to read or have pre dinner drinks. all of our rooms were large and luxurious. They have a French chief who cooked food that was 'out of this world'. Although it is outside of Marrakesh it is only a 35 minute drive and plenty to do near by, Ed kindly arranged for us to drive in buggies on the dunes close by , great fun. I am already looking in my diary to find a weekend when I can take my husband so that I can share with him what a great experience staying at this hotel is, and next time I want to try out their spa and judging by how great the hotel is it will be amazing x

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Marrakech
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We came to celebrate our wedding anniversary with friends...The Capaldi is fabulous, the attention to detail amazing and absolutely everything is of the highest standard and quality, the food, the rooms, the gardens...fabulous. We will be back...regularly!! Many thanks Ed and Tara for a wonderful mini break, and congratulations on creating such a beautiful place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We came for lunch with two friends with the intention of spending the night and celebrating their wedding anniversary. The mistake was only staying one night.

It’s clear that the young owners of this hotel are not only seasoned travellers and food lovers themselves but understand the fundamental principles of any successful business - “find out what they want, go get it and give it to ‘em”. This is precisely what they have done at The Capaldi with superb taste, serious attention to detail, client comfort, excellent service and a tangible lack of arrogance.

I won't go on about our gorgeous, spacious and well-appointed room with enormous walk in shower and divine linens, or the pools and manicured gardens, or the spa and cinema or the serenity of this heavenly oasis because I want to get to the restaurant and more specifically, the food. The restaurant, like the rest of the hotel, is expertly designed using traditional Moroccan finishes in a modern style. It’s beautifully lit and generously comfortable.

The food…... the food is simply exquisite. Each dish was beautifully presented and mouth-wateringly delectable. Whether it was the freshly baked and toasted bread with perfectly cooked eggs, the vitello tonnato, the carpaccio of jumbo prawns with an almond sorbet or the croustillant of chocolate, every morsel was delicious. That they can offer this gastronomic dining experience with a well thought out selection of wines at such reasonable prices is nothing short of remarkable. It is clearly consistent with the owners’ general ethos which is evident throughout the hotel – abundance. I get it and I love it. And if you know what’s good for you, you will too. Soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Firstly I never write reviews but having read so many and having had such a fantastic experience I thought I should share my own on here....

After two days in the hustle and bustle of Marrakech it was a real treat to escape and I can think of no better place to go to than The Capaldi. From the moment you step out of the car and look through the reception and out to the other side you will feel like you have arrived in paradise - the view....the pictures do not do it justice....it is even better than that.

We were warmly greeted by Ali at reception followed closely after by the charming owners Ed and Tara. (And I must not forget to mention the wonderful Tom who is their 'ops' man and always there to help with a smile!) The service throughout was fantastic, no request was too much (however big or small) and you will be happy lying here for days on end relaxing by one of their pools (I would recommend the smaller heated one for this time of year!) although there are lots of activities on offer for the more energetic of you - my mother and I chose to do the relaxing thing!

The rooms are beautiful - we were in the Farmhouse standard and there was nothing 'standard' about them, beautifully and simply decorated, enormous and superbly comfortable beds and a fireplace which was lit every evening which was ideal on a cool March night. We also had a look at some of the other rooms and you will not be disappointed by any as far as we could see!

The food was delicious - we had the poolside 'bar' menu every day (although there is a 2/3 course daily menu option also) and in the evening there is a 2/3 course menu which was fantastic and it was hard to choose each time! But that was okay because one of their many cocktails was a good way to while away the time whilst you thought about your options.

The Capaldi is new but I can tell you now that it is going to be very very popular. If I ever visited Marrakech again I would be very tempted to stay there and go into Marrakech for the day as the Capaldi is the perfect distance to go in and then be rescued by one of their air conditioned cars and transported back to the calm of the countryside. However for those wanting to be in the hustle and bustle I imagine their Riad which I also believe is called (Riad) Capaldi would be the ideal place to stay.

I will be recommending the Capaldi to all my family and friends visiting Marrakech.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank english_rose13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrakech
Kasbah Tamadot
Le Palais Paysan
Le Palais Paysan
#72 of 1,171 in Marrakech
5.0 of 5 stars 121 reviews

Been to The Capaldi? Share your experiences!