All reviewsmint teathe hustle and bustlephilippemedinariadmoroccocourtyardeldriverfireplacelockrooftopretreat
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The most amazing Riad you could wish to stay in, and not expensive either. So warm, welcoming and the staff will do anything for you. They waited for us to come in at night (1am on one night) and recommended a great restaurant and walked us there and back. We will definitely be back and completely loved our 3 night stay. Only a short walk from the main square and Souk.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Riad is lovely and the owners are marvellous. Phillipe and Stephanie looked after myself and my family with great care and we loved the Riad. Thanks again to you both for our magical experience. The fact that the owners also live and work in Marrakech meant a great hands on source of assistance for the stay and allowed us to relax in what is quite a hectic place! The riad itself is a great litte base nestled in the Medina and a beautiful oasis of calm from the madness around.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Riad Magellan completely exceeded our expectations! It was a great place to relax in the chaos of the medina. The location was very central and a close walk to the souks and square. We had dinner at the riad on our first nice and it was delicious. When we were leaving and heading to Essouaria, Phillipe gave us a number of restaurant recommendations, they were all awesome. I highly recommend the Magellan and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Phillipe, the riad's owner, has thoughtfully created a place of calm and tranquility in a traditionally built Marrakesh riad in the old medina just minutes from the souk. The guest rooms open onto a spacious airy courtyard decorated in traditional Moroccan style with well placed seating and an abundance of plants big and small gracing the walls. The sitting room is quiet and subtly elegant.
The breakfasts are traditional and plentiful.
Phillipe has a lovely team of kindly friendly folk helping him. I felt very welcomed by his staff and consider it a privileged to have met such folk.
Phillipe is very knowledgeable about Marakesh and very willing to share his experiences, as well as organise airport transfers.
I can highly recommend this riad to anyone who prefers a place of peace to return to in the bustle of a busy city.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The arrival at the Riad Magellan was surprising and intriguing - a dark, heavy door discretely situated down a dusty and rough little side street in the historic centre a stone's throw from the Souk. From the slightly squalid exterior, the door opens to a very warm welcome from the smiling staff, and a delightful courtyard presenting an oasis of calm and tranquility - a perfect welcome and an antidote to the hustle and bustle of the market streets.

Philippe and his team were charming and polite throughout my stay, and achieved a lovely balance of engaging friendliness and professionalism. The room was immaculately presented, always clean and with a simple but attractive decor which very much makes you feel in Morocco.

Breakfast was simple and adequate, and my only critique (as I'm a slightly fussy coffee drinker) would be the quality of the coffee. I made do with the tea though, so this was not a big deal. I would also add that the vertical ventilator unit by the bed was a little awkward and rattly, and perhaps a more traditional fan might be preferable.

I thoroughly enjoyable stay and I would have no hesitation in returning or recommending this Riad.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple