All reviews yoga retreat mint tea the hustle and bustle philippe medina riad morocco courtyard el fireplace driver lock rooftop
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was a perfect place to stay during our time in Marrakech. It is situated five minutes away from the main square and the rooms are clean and beautifully decorated. The staff were extremely helpful and considerate and I recommend staying in one evening to have a home cooked meal.

A great oasis in the centre of Marrakech!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Visiting an unknown country, I was rather apprehensive. However, starting at the airport, I was greeted by the courteous driver from Riad Magellan and escorted to the Riad. There, I was invited to sit down for a delicious cup of Moroccan tea. My room was lovely. My first night, I opted to dine in at a delcious home-cooked feast. I particularly like the traditional tadelakt walls in the bathroom. The quiet atmosphere was a nice respite from the souks in the Medina. I enjoyed reading on the rooftop terrace. The Riad manager, Adil, was extremely courteous and helpful. All the staff had a way of taking care of things in the least obtrusive way. When my plans took me back to Marrakech, I was glad they had a room for me and I got to stay at my home away from home again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2013

A fantastic Riad in central Marrakesh 5 minutes walk from main square and deep inside the medina. Great staff and service, great prices with extremely clean bedrooms and restrooms and a really good breakfast. Highly recommended. Will be back.
+ a fantastic rooftop terrace!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pedro S
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I spent a fantastic couple of weeks at Riad Magellan this June. I have stayed at several places in Marrakech in the past and none of them have exceeded expectations in such a way.
I have never met such accommodating staff who helped me manage my rather fluid schedule. On arrival, a staff member met me in the main square to show me the way.
The rooms are beautifully furnished, with the building having a fantastic ambiance. The location is great, with easy access to the most interesting parts of the city. While located in the bustling medina, once you set foot inside it's like entering a different world, with the city noise disappearing.
The relaxing and romantic atmosphere is perfect for both couples and individuals.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed there for 3 days this week and found the riad absolutely charming. The staff were very friendly and helpful--arranging pickups to and from the airport as well as supplying directions everywhere and arranging a car to take us to Essaouira (recommended).The riad is down some twisting alleyways but soon it is very easy to find--it is very close to the main square being in the heart of the Medina.We had dinner at the riad on two of the nights as it is such a quiet and peaceful place to be after being hassled all day!--the food was excellent. My only quibbles(or suggestions) would be that the showers were rather difficult to normalise(i.e. too hot or too weak)and that it would be a welcome addition if it might be possible to have a cold drink machine somewhere in the raid for the moments when you return from a hot and stressed trip into the souks! Otherwise a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family