“Excellent Riad” 5 of 5 bubbles

Riad Magellan
Ranked #88 of 1,162 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Excellent Riad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was a perfect place to stay during our time in Marrakech. It is situated five minutes away from the main square and the rooms are clean and beautifully decorated. The staff were extremely helpful and considerate and I recommend staying in one evening to have a home cooked meal.

A great oasis in the centre of Marrakech!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Visiting an unknown country, I was rather apprehensive. However, starting at the airport, I was greeted by the courteous driver from Riad Magellan and escorted to the Riad. There, I was invited to sit down for a delicious cup of Moroccan tea. My room was lovely. My first night, I opted to dine in at a delcious home-cooked feast. I particularly like the traditional tadelakt walls in the bathroom. The quiet atmosphere was a nice respite from the souks in the Medina. I enjoyed reading on the rooftop terrace. The Riad manager, Adil, was extremely courteous and helpful. All the staff had a way of taking care of things in the least obtrusive way. When my plans took me back to Marrakech, I was glad they had a room for me and I got to stay at my home away from home again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

A fantastic Riad in central Marrakesh 5 minutes walk from main square and deep inside the medina. Great staff and service, great prices with extremely clean bedrooms and restrooms and a really good breakfast. Highly recommended. Will be back.
+ a fantastic rooftop terrace!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pedro S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I spent a fantastic couple of weeks at Riad Magellan this June. I have stayed at several places in Marrakech in the past and none of them have exceeded expectations in such a way.
I have never met such accommodating staff who helped me manage my rather fluid schedule. On arrival, a staff member met me in the main square to show me the way.
The rooms are beautifully furnished, with the building having a fantastic ambiance. The location is great, with easy access to the most interesting parts of the city. While located in the bustling medina, once you set foot inside it's like entering a different world, with the city noise disappearing.
The relaxing and romantic atmosphere is perfect for both couples and individuals.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed there for 3 days this week and found the riad absolutely charming. The staff were very friendly and helpful--arranging pickups to and from the airport as well as supplying directions everywhere and arranging a car to take us to Essaouira (recommended).The riad is down some twisting alleyways but soon it is very easy to find--it is very close to the main square being in the heart of the Medina.We had dinner at the riad on two of the nights as it is such a quiet and peaceful place to be after being hassled all day!--the food was excellent. My only quibbles(or suggestions) would be that the showers were rather difficult to normalise(i.e. too hot or too weak)and that it would be a welcome addition if it might be possible to have a cold drink machine somewhere in the raid for the moments when you return from a hot and stressed trip into the souks! Otherwise a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at the Riad Magellan for 6 nights and I can highly recommend it for an extended stay in Marrakesh. The Riad is conveniently located, and Philippe the owner was very helpful in explaining the geography of the medina meaning that we did not get lost very often, as well as recommending the best places to eat and visit. It is beautifully furnished and we stayed in the Plum room. Dinner was complementary on the first night, and so we were breakfasts every morning. The staff were extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome - thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank voyageuse7401
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Riad Magellan is a peaceful little property situated in the heart of Marrakech. Upon our arrival we were greeted with some refreshing mint tea. The owner, Philippe, was very pleasant and helpful. He provided us with some recommendations for dining and attractions as well as tips on how to interact with locals. We enjoyed our stay very much. However, since we rely heavily upon internet access, we found the wi-fi connection a little unreliable and confined to a small area in the foyer. This is the only thing we could suggest for improvement. Otherwise, a great little find!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple