Morocco Unplugged DayTours
Review Highlights
Highest level of service ever

Jalil and Youssef provided the highest quality of service I have ever experienced with a tour... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
josephy418
New York City, New York
8 Magical Days in Morocco!

My husband and I decided on Morocco for our honeymoon and booked Morocco Unplugged on the... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
jacquelineny
New York City, New York

All reviews day trip his knowledge always on time endless questions four days travel companion memorable days magical country entire country answering all of our questions great driver responded promptly merzouga dunes the entire trip photo spots fun trip local hammam
Selected filters
Reviewed December 26, 2019

I got in contact with Jalil through a friend of mine who took a tour with him and she said that my fiancé and I would be in good hands. We met him and he took us on a 6 day tour through the southern countryside starting from Marrakesh, going to the Sahara, Taroudant, and Essaouria! We had the most wonderful trip because we had Jalil guide us through the entire country. From history to recommendations for restaurants, Jalil knew it all and it was so refreshing to be with a tour guide who genuinely loves what he does so much. We got to have the best tour with Jalil and I highly recommend working with him. We got to completely customize every day to do exactly what we wanted to do along with his amazing recommendations. it was truly an amazing vacation thanks to Jalil!

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank Neha S
Reviewed December 19, 2019

We had a fantastic, fabulous driven tour of Morocco. We were 4 - two adult children and parents. We went to many beautiful, varied locations. About our guide/driver Jalil: He created a great itinerary with us, selected wonderful riads, and introduced us a wide range of exciting Moroccan dishes. When he was with us, he gave us his all. He was full of stories and answers, even during the 8 hour segments in the car - about history, peoples, animals, landscapes, and food. We laughed a lot too. He took us off-road in his car, to our delight. He let us practice French. We fell in love with Morocco, were very sad to leave Jalil and his country. This was definitely one of our best trips

Date of experience: November 2019
2  Thank Resort797561
Reviewed November 26, 2019

We travelled over 2800 kilometres with Jalil experiencing everything from the peace and tranquility of the desert to the majesty of the Atlas mountains, the winding coastline and the vibrant life of the medinas and souks. Jalil is bright, articulate, and caring and has a wonderful sense of humour. He is by far the best guide we have had in years.
By the way he is an amazing driver to boot!

Date of experience: October 2019
3  Thank 943kathym
Reviewed November 8, 2019

We had an amazing time with our guide and driver Lotfi travelling through gorgeous and interesting Morocco in February 2019. I'll touch on a few aspects of what made our trip so enjoyable in my review and why I have recommended Jalil's tours and Lotfi (I'm sure all his guides are wonderful, but I can only speak to my personal experience with Lotfi) to others.

Communication:
Jalil was very accommodating of our needs and was able to give us prices and suggestions for different tours. At first we planned on only being in Morocco for a week, but it ended up that we wanted to do 10 days. He was able to suggest a plan which accommodated what we knew we wanted to do (riding dromedarys in the Sahara, seeing Marrakech, seeing beautiful landscapes, and visiting Chefchaouen) along with suggestions of other things such as exploring a canyon and which airports it was best to fly into and out of for our desired journey. It was also customized to our desired level of riad/hotel/hostel accommodations.
Jalil also worked with us on payment methods, which can be tricky for international travelers.
He ensured Lotfi was there to pick us up from the airport as well, which was a big relief.

Safety:
First rate. We were a group of three ladies in our 20s and we had one lady who was a bit nervous to travel to Morocco due to some reviews. None of felt unsafe the entire time we were in Morocco. From Marakech to Oussaria it was a great experience. Lotfi suggested places to go and places to avoid due to pick pockets etc when we went out without him.
We had guides in Marakech and Fez that were arranged and he dropped us off and picked us up after the great walking tours.
The places we stayed at were all very safe and well chosen as well.

Guide/Driver:
Lotfi Youssi was our guide and we can't say enough good things about him. He spoke intelligently about everything from culture, to history, to politics, to enduring our attempts to learn some basic Arabic. Conversations with him were both informative and entertaining. He handled our group of three slightly wild ladies who wanted to try a local hammam, practice Arabic, and eat where the locals eat with a great sense of humor. He also was an excellent driver and navigated all the roads like the local he is.

Can't say enough good things and Shoukran for the great experience!

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank upperlakeAK
Reviewed October 28, 2019

We were in Morocco for about 7 days. 2-3 days in Marrakesh. We travelled to Essaouria, Atlas Mountains, Sahara Desert. We had an excellent driver Aisam who really looked out for our best interests and was a lot of fun. The only thing was that I wish they would provide water. Our accommodations were very good. One of the best trips I ever been on. We really packed it in. Beautiful country. 4 women we felt safe. Highly recommend this trip and guide.

Date of experience: October 2019