“It couldn't have been any better, Jalil rocks!”

Morocco Unplugged-DayTours
Ranked #140 of 806 Tours in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: We take you off the beaten path, flexible custom tours to make your dreams come true.
Bowie, Maryland
144 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 282 helpful votes
“It couldn't have been any better, Jalil rocks!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Ok, so I had read pages and pages of horror stories on Marrakech and what could go wrong, of course tons of what was good as well, but when everyone is relying on you to plan everything you want to check and double check to make sure all is perfect. I found Jalil through TA and I am so thankful to TA for leading me to Jalil, he always went above and beyond 24/7, let me tell you a little about Jalil….

Jalil is always on time, always well dressed and groomed, polite, easy going, easy to talk to, will never take advantage of you, will always try to haggle the best deal for you, will do exactly what you want, always take you to the best places to eat and will always make sure you are safe and happy. Jalil never made me feel like he was trying to make a buck, or trying to extort additional money from us, in fact, he found us a less expensive place to experience a “Fantazia” dinner/show (“Arabianight”–review to follow) that was way more private and more exclusive than what I had originally planned. Didn’t let us spend money on road-side minerals, he took us where we could gather our own, didn’t let us purchase from sketchy merchants but steered us to more reputable establishments that were actually less expensive and told us what to look for. He made sure always that no matter where we were that we were always treated like V.I.P’s. I think had we asked him to help us home he would have gladly done it. Like anywhere else, there are those who are in the business of tourism that just want to provide a service and move on to the next money to be made. Jalil is not like that; he is all about forming lasting friendships and alliances, which is apparent by all the greetings that come his way as he walks or drives by. We were with Jalil for a week and at the end, even at 3:30 a.m. he was still helping us, he helped with our bags brought them into the airport and put us in line. It was like saying goodbye to a family member.

ok, so this sounds like a commercial for Jalil, so if I had a complaint, it would be that he needs a more powerful back seat air-conditioner in his van and don't use that guide you used to show us around Marrakech. Apparently, in order to guide through certain historical parts, you need a special licensed guide and Jalil uses someone for that but that person wasn't available that day so he used someone else...and yup, that is it.

If you for a second have any doubts about hiring Jalil, I’m here to tell you, you won’t go wrong. In fact, a few days after I got back home, I received an email from Jalil, (ajalil197@yahoo.com) he wanted to thank us and let us know that he appreciated our business and then sent me a few recipes that I had wanted. He also let me know that if there was anything I had forgotten to purchase or would like for him to get for us to please just let him know……now that is customer service and now a great lifelong friend. Thanks Jalil for making our time in Marrakech so easy and so much fun....we will never forget you and hope to see you again one day. (E.,T.,F., & B.)

Visited April 2013
2 Thank boo2U

New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Jalil is the BEST!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I hired Jalil to escort my family through Morocco for 10 days. He made our trip one of the most memorable of our lives. He met us at the airport in Casablanca on March 22 and stayed with us until late on March 31st (arranging our airport transfer the next day with one of is friends). We were a group of 7 ranging in ages from 17 to 79. He was patient, funny, extremely knowledgeable about this beautiful country, a pleasure to be with and a GREAT driver. His van is comfortable and immaculate. He speaks English fluently having lived in Florida for 10 years.

While Jalil is not a licensed guide, he knows so much about all of the areas we visited. When we needed a guide to take us around Fez and Marrakech, he made all of the arrangements for us. He suggested restaurants and shops when we needed and told us exactly what to see in each city. He also know the back roads extremely well, so we ended up seeing scenery that I would guess most major tour companies would miss.

His patience and professionalism were unwavering. We were a large group and very often late for the times we had arranged. In addition, loading the pounds of luggage and gifts was never and easy task. He remained pleasant and accommodating throughout. He knows where to find "western" toilets throughout the country which was a valuable resource.

I would recommend Jalil without question. If anyone wants to contact me directly, please feel free. Our trip included Marrakech, Essaouria, Rabat, Fez, Meknes and Voulabis.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank nycatty35
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Jalil is an excellent driver with a patient, professional and relaxed manner.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We only had one day to travel outside Marrakech and wanted to see more of the country and landscape. We had a great day trip to Imlil incorporating a village walk and views of mountains and the plateau. Will definitely look forward to a longer tour next trip!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank everyonetravel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Could not ask for a better experience!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My sister and I spent 4 days with Jalil as our driver and I cannot say enough good things. He was extremely professional and so much fun. I was a little nervous at first to spend an extended time with someone I found online and had only talked to through emails, but as soon as we arrived at the train station in Marrakech, he was right on time waiting for us and I knew we could trust him. He is so flexible and does not require having a set itinerary. We didn't really have a set plan and we were able to see so much in just a few days. In one day we woke up in the desert, drove through the mountains, and arrived back in Marrakech where we were supposed to catch a flight, but at the last minute we decided to change our flight and extend our time so that we could go to essouira to end the night at the beach. He had great recommendations for food, was very knowledgable on all the areas we went to, and just an intelligent guy to talk to about anything really. One of the best things about it was that he genuinely wanted us to have the best experience, and he tailored every aspect of the trip to be better than I could have imagined. It was obvious that his choices in where we went had nothing to do with how much money he could make off of us. He dropped us off at a true local Hammam in a random town and laughed so hard at us since we really had no idea what to do. He had to explain every step in detail to prepare us for our entrance before dropping us off. He knew exactly where to find our own gem stones in the mountains, we found some huge ones!!! He also made some great food picks. He remained professional the entire trip, and was always on time for everything, even when we were not (like thinking we would be motivated to wake up at 5 in the morning... Ha) I think no matter what kind of traveler you are, he will tailor the trip to make it the best for you. When Jalil dropped us off at the airport (2 days later than initially planned) we were sad to say goodbye because he had become our friend.

2 Thank Lmh1024
Sao Paulo, SP
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Knowing the "real Morocco"”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hire this company was one of the highlights of the trip.
We travel for 6 days from Marrakech to Essaouira, Taroudant, the Atlas Mountains, Todgha Gorges, Fes, passing through other small places that, without a good guide we'd never find.
We had time to see both the turistic and day-by-day Morocco: the small markets in the middle of nowhere, the kasbats, the desert, and, what's more important, get to know people from those places and learn a bit about their lives.
Jalil, the guide, is an amazing mate and in a few minutes you'll see how great the trip with him will be.
He is a pleasant friend, knows everything about his country and knows how to deal with people in all kinds of situation.
We drive for hours talking to him, asking everything and he, gently, helped us to put back the first impressions and start to truthfully understand the differences and proximities of the Moroccan culture in relation to ours.
Hours talking, walking, driving, seeing, and having someone to help you to see it better.
It was our first time with a guide and it was amazing.
But specially because of Jalil.
In the end of all, it was odd, because it felt like we knew him forever.
We felt like we were a little more than tourists in this trip. And thanks to Jalil we have more than photos to remember this trip. We have a friend and dozens of good unforgettable moments to make us remember this amazing country!
We're asking him already to come visit us in Brazil.
Hopefully he will!