Kenzi Club Oasis
$316
$299
$260
$235
Kasbah Le Mirage(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$70
  • Pool
$499
$411
Fairmont.com
El Miria Palais Riad(Marrakech)
$121
$670
HotelsClick
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Kenzi Club Oasis -
address is Commune Rurale Ouahat, Sidi Brahim , Marrakech, Palmeraie
Phone -------------- (from Marrakech 425900)
12km NNE of Marrakech, on N9 to Casablanca. 2km East of Stade de Marrakesh, on a small road. (Turn right just before you reach Stade de Marrakesh, 2km of stony wasteland to tree-lined avenue on the right leading to Kenzi Club Oasis first, other hotels beyond )

info@kenzi-hotels.com is the official group e-mail address for queries for all their hotels,

They did not answer phones or reply to e-mails

There is a free shuttle bus for resident guests but they do not advertise the fact for travellers with luggage. The bus stop in Marrakech is between Place de la Liberte and Bab Nkob in front of the supermarket Label Vie. They will not tell you this. If you are a lone traveller, the driver may take you aboard. A group is unlikely to get on. The taxi fare is £25. A shuttle driver from a different hotel in the same area offered me a lift for 5 Euros.

The Oasis shuttle (36 seater, name in front window) leaves the opposite side from the supermarket Label Vie at 12.30pm, 2.30pm, 6.00pm, 7.30pm and 11pm. Be there at least 15 mins before.

I stayed 2 nights at Kenzi Club Oasis 17th to 19th April, 2011. After a week in the desert it was quite delightful, very French, well behaved children having a lovely time, dancing for all in the evening, fountains, shady trees and lots of flowers. The food was good too. My room was cool, clean and fresh, newly decorated, bed comfy. The music was far enough away to be unobtrusive. I slept a lot and enjoyed photographing the birds - They have a resident little owl and a nightjar as well as a million house sparrows
I booked this hotel because it had a shuttle bus into Marrakech. I wanted a garden to relax in, after a cycling tour in the South. It took days of research to actually pinpoint it’s position on the map, (There are several widely separated Google map points for Kenzi Club Oasis given by various hotel booking agents -some in Marrakech centre!!). There was no reply to either my English or French email requesting information on the shuttle bus and position of their hotel (now 5 weeks ago), so I walked to Kenzi Farah (5* Le Hivernage, Marrakech) and asked at their Reception . They phoned through to Oasis and told me where to go. I wasted a day in Marrakech trying to find the Kenzi Club Oasis . Hopefully the above information will save other folk the hassle that I encountered.

Room Tip: French Holiday Village - lots of activities, music
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank anne_tee
Reviewed April 17, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Morocco in March and we ended up booking the Kenzi Club Oasis because it was a good price, it wasn't located right in the city centre, which is what we wanted, and it looked like it had a nice pool. Plus it was all-inclusive so we knew we wouldn't have to worry about much!

We arrived and were pleased with the look of the entrance-way and the grounds of the hotel. There is nothing outside the walls of the hotel as it is located about 20km or so from the city centre in the middle of development.

They had a problem processing our room initially, but finally got us one at the very back of the hotel complex. We enjoyed the location because it was away from the hub-bub of the pool and bar area and was generally quiet at night. The room itself left something to be desired. We were supposed to have a pool view or garden view balcony and had no balcony at all. We were on the ground floor with little natural light coming into our room and basically just a bed and bathroom. However, for the amount of time we actually spent in our hotel room, it suited us just fine for the week. On the plus side, there is a decent movie channel that is in English with Arabic sub-titles that plays movies 24/7. We later found out that the hotel never received confirmation of our booking from the travel agency we booked it from, which is why I think we got the room we did. However, one quick call to the agency we booked with and all was sorted.

The hotel grounds were very nice! It was lush and green and there were plenty of places to sit in the sun or in the shade. They have sun loungers, beds and couches scattered over the grounds. The pool is quite nice and although cold at first, it was very refreshing. There are also lots of amenities at the hotel such as a spa, gym, tennis courts, ping pong tables, football grounds, archery and a very entertaining staff that continually run events and other shenanegins to keep guests entertained.

The food was also quite nice! Although we did tire of it by the end of the week I felt the hotel did as much as they could to provide a variety. There were always a selection of delicious traditional Moroccan Tagines, as well as pasta, a variety of potatoes and vegetables, salads and different types of meat. There were usually chicken or fish dishes and a few nights we were treated to kebabs, burgers and chicken schwarma. Our last day we had chips and kebabs which was a very welcome addition after a week of, albeit delicious, tagines. They also often had pizza, which was nice too! For breakfast expect a selection of breads, moroccan pancakes, cold meat, cheese, and cereal. The restaurant continually had fresh fruit on hand as well as plenty to drink. My only complaint was that we often struggled to get a bottle of water. All the tables around us seemed to get served their bottle of water as soon as they sat down. My boyfriend and I somehow always got missed, but that may have been our fault I suppose!

The hotel also offers a variety of tours, which are often conducted in French. However, my boyfriend and I did the Ouzoud waterfall day trip, which was lovely, and we had a tour guide who knew both English and French and was very willing to conduct the tour in both languages for us. I would recommend trying to find a tour that includes lunch. The one through the hotel did not include our lunch and we paid the same amount as some other hotels, which did include lunch. You can expect to pay about 8 euros extra per person for lunch if yours isn't included, but you will get to sit at a restaurant overlooking the falls, which are spectacular! You will also be expected to pay an extra 10 euros total for two people for the tour guide, but it was well worth it in my opinion.

There is also a free shuttle service into town from the hotel several times a day, including a last return at 11pm. We found this quite handy as it was nice to spend entire days at the hotel taking advantage of their facilities, but it was also nice getting into town for a few hours at a time. We went in the morning, afternoon and night on three separate occasions. I would recommend late afternoon or night to go to the city centre as that is when all the action is!

The main downside to the hotel was that some of our money went missing. It wasn't all of our money but it was about the equivalent of 10 euros. I know that is not a lot of money, but we felt slightly violated. And while it's easy to say that we could have spent more than we thought out in town, we have a very good reason to believe that that never happened. We had done the tour before and my boyfriend had received 100 DH change for the tour guide, which I witnessed him put back in his wallet. We went straight back to the hotel, spent the day at the hotel afterwards and were going into town at night. When my boyfriend went to check his wallet, the 100DH wasn't there. He had left his wallet in his jeans pocket in the room while we went for breakfast. As we left, there were a number of grounds crew around. We suspect, but have no proof mind, that one of them went in, knew what they were looking for, took the money, but not all because then it would be blatantly obvious, and left again. However, we have no proof so all I would say is don't leave anything in the room or at least make it hard to find! There are safes available but they charge a deposit and then about 3 euro a day to use them.

Overall we got exactly what we wanted out of our vacation. We had a few relaxing days at the hotel which were quite enjoyable, all the food and drink we could consume (note that alcohol selection is limited until 11pm when you pay for drinks) and the grounds were nice and extensive. I believe this is good value for money and remember, if you book it, it's a 3 star hotel, so you will get 3 star quality. It was a great vacation despite the "incident" with the missing 100 DH.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SBlacker
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Thought the hotel was actually really pleasant despite being so isolated! There was a good shuttle bus service to marrakech and back which you have to book the day before,which saved money on taxis. The grounds of the hotel were well maintained and the cleaners did the room every day. The food was excellent -very varied and something for everyone,and wine offered with lunch and dinner. Hotel is absolutely aimed at french tourists and nothing is in english. That isn't really a big deal,as travelling abroad is a chance to mix with other cultures. I do speak other languages,but unfortunately not french! Would have been nice if the entertainment staff had spoken english though,as it was all french,and other resorts i have been to have multi lingual staff.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 8, 2011

The best thing to say is that the staff on reception were very nice when I immediately checked out.

To be fair, it's not my thing and perhaps I should have researched it better.

A tiny, sad looking room (more like chalets) a swimming pool surrounded by concrete and loud music. Full of fat women with tattoos who think they've gone classy.

On the plus side, they have free wifi in the reception, which i used to a great last-minute deal at The Meridian.

Note to self: you get what you pay for.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2011

This hotel was everything you'd want from a holiday in Marrakech. The rooms are set either in ground floor or first floor villa type rooms in a traditional Morocca decor. They are very clean, all have wooden shutters, and ground floors have small patio with french doors. The rooms are set in beautiful gardens, and the gardeners were there each day ensuring all was in order.
All inclusive is the only way to do a holiday - whether meat-eating or vegetarian the choice and quality of food is excellent.The all incusive drinks package had branded soft drinks (including Schewpps bottled tonic) but local spirits and beer. So not a bad compromise! Although there was soft drinks and wine available on - tap in the restaurant (and outside on the terrace), each table also received sealed bottled water. The restuarant staff were really friendly and very consiencious, and as they had name badges on it was easier fo us to remember them too! And it was nice to be greeted by a "hello" or a "bonjour"
Entertainment was provided by the extensive and talented staff. If you wanted to join in you could if not you were not hassled to do so. Activities ranged from standard pool side holiday activities to include all nationalities to arranged archery, badminton, 5/7 aside football, aqua aerobics, table tennis, salsa dancing lessons, boules, volleyball.....and for the wee ones there is a "kids club" which is like a mini play room with an enclosed garden for extra safety.
We travelled as a couple with another friend and had no complaints what so ever with the staff, the hotel, the food or location (hotel provides free shuttle bus into Medina - book in advance at least day before at receptionthough to guarantee seats). There is a wondeful spa at the hotel which runs spa sessions, massages and eaty treatmens - again book if you want a guaranteed time. Hair salon also tehre and gift shop.
LOCATION - The Palmerie where Kenzi Oasis is set is developing to become what we would say looks like the new mini Dubai - luxury 5* hotels, major football arena, malls to be built (but no construction noise) so for a touch of luxury without the ££££s stay here.
AIRPORT - can not take Morrocan dirhams into country but there are cash machines and tellers at th airport wih a favourable exchange rate. Taxi to hotel was 30 eurosfrom outside airport but on way back took a taxi from outside the hotel and cost 20 euros. You cannot spend any dirhams once through security only in shops in main terminal prior to check in.
TRIPS - The free shuttle bus to medina / souk isa good idea. Be prepared fo becoming lost in the very narrow streets in the souk itself and bartar bartar bartar! An idea for prices - if buying spices we paid £5 for 4oz / 100g for ground saffron, mixed morrocan spice, green & mint tea. For ceramics and otehr souvenirs, there is a larger shop as you face the main souk as if you wre to enter to mid left just before the pharmacy which has prices displayed. Still bartar if buying a few items, but these are quite decent prices to start with. Come around 4pm, the fod stalls are set out in the main medina square - we ate at stall 65 and had mixed kebabs, fresh calamari, tea, local breads, fizzy botled juiuce and was around £12. The young Morrocan owner was really friendly recognizing our Scottish acccent being different to other UK ones. Very astute!
SUMMARY - We flew Ryan Air, booked hotel separtely via Expedia (althoughother guests booked with other recognised hotel agents) and would we stay at Kenzi Oasis again.....YES!

Room Tip: All rooms looked good - would be happy in any
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple