“Very good dinner”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: \
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We ate here on our first night in Marrakech and it was a good choice - a short taxi ride from the main square, and we were warmly greeted by Didier. The riad is lovely and we ate on the roof terrace. The menu is all on a blackboard so I guess they probably change it about a bit. We had lamb tagine and Moroccan pastillas and apple tart and it was all delicious. The service was pretty slow with the meal taking 2.5h but we were on holiday so I guess it didn't really matter. Didier was really good with translating everything for us. It wasn't too expensive either which was a nice surprise - about £50 or so but we only had a couple of glasses of wine.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I booked this restaurant for our first night in MK on a Wednesday evening. When we arrived I was a little worried to see we were the only people there other than a couple of other tables.......it turned out that everyone was up on the terrace and Didier seated us there as soon as there was space. There was no entertainment on the evening we went unless it came much later in the evening around 11pm. The menu was good with all of the morroccan classics you would expect and the portion sizes were just right. This place is a little tricky to find but only 10/15 minutes to walk from the main square. I do think its worth anyone trying this place, its better value than some of the other highly rated places in MK.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were looking for a good restaurant with a roof terrace and decided to visit this restaurant which has a roof terrace big enough for around 16 people. The food was nice but not fantastic, the waiter that served us was very nervous and didn't seem to know what he was doing. The staff were not too accomodating when we asked for the steak to be served with potatoes rather than vegetables. Not great value for money - most dishes were 15-20 euros.

lecomptoirdupacha, Gérant at Le Comptoir du Pacha, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Hello and thank you for your nice comment about the roof terrace.
But I don't understand the aim of your false remarks.
First of all, our main courses prices are between 8 and 14 euros. None is more expensive, as you untruly write. So what are you looking for with such wrong statements ?
Then, when you asked for fries, I personally told you we hadn't any. I even so checked with the "Chef" so as to try and please you but I came back with the same answer. Maybe you don't know but all varieties of potaoes are not suitable for fries if we want them good.
If you wanted a steak and fries, you probably made the wrong choice and you'd better have gone to Mac Donald's or a snack. Let me point out that we have "beef filet" and "entrecôte" but no steak.
As for the waiter, don't worry, he knows what his job consist in, why he works in a restaurant, and he makes a point to improve daily to the satisfaction of our hosts.
Best regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We visited this place with some friends. I selected this restaurant because it was said it was very good for a reasonable price. The place is very nice, modern and cosy. The owner welcomed us and often made sure we were good. There were other groups of people at the same time at the restaurant. We had to wait very long to have the drinks ordered and even longer for the starters. We were ok to wait but we ended up very hungry. Entrees were ok, not amazing, nice presentation but my plate did not impressed me. It took us 3 hours and we skipped the dessert because we were afraid to wait an other hour to get it. I will try again this place hoping that it was just a bad night.

lecomptoirdupacha, Gérant at Le Comptoir du Pacha, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Hello Virginie and thank you for your nice comments and your wish to come back.
I just want to point out that, as you were a group we had asked you to choose a menu among five as we had several other groups that evening. And you answered by mail on the 19/09/13 :
"Si cela ne vous dérange pas, nous avons décidé de ne pas prendre un menu. Cela ne nous dérange pas d'attendre, nous réservons notre soirée pour passer un bon moment tous ensemble dans votre établissement".
Let me also remind you that you asked me to leave you time to make your choice on the card and that it took quite a long time.
Anyway, we were delighted to receive you and by the compliments about the food and the place that your friends from South-Africa made.
And we'll be pleased to welcome you when you come back.
Best regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The service you get is great! you feel at home! and the food is also great! its a lovely place and has many spots for intimate dinner for couples! Dont miss it!