“Wonderful and very friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riad el Ouarda

Riad el Ouarda
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad el Ouarda
Ranked #882 of 1,176 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Zürich
“Wonderful and very friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2006

I stayed one week in Marrakesh. After the seccond day i got a cold due to an tourist wich refused himself to use a handkerchief in the airplane. That's why i really belong to those "longtime" guests at Riad el Ouarda... i stayed 5 days in my hotelbed and decided to book a seccond room for my girlfriend in order to not infect her with that nasty virus. For my suprise they didn't charged me the seccond room, because they felt so sorry about my cold, wow!!! I simply love this riad: the stuff where so nice to us, organized medicine for me, booked restaurants for us, helped us with good advices about galleries and so one. It's not that sort of commercial kindness you find in 5star hotels, they realy are nice people. Brigitte is a great host. This place got a home for me. The riad is very authentic, a wonderful peace of art without any modern kitsch that you tipically find in many tourist places. The ancient paintings at the walls are realy old, you feel like Sultan in the 5 meter high rooms. The lack of a pool doesn't hurt, all the pools in the Medina are too small, even in the big houses. The bathrooms are equipped with wonderful big showers and bathtubs. The fireplaces in the rooms are made to be used and not only for decoration. In other words: you can cool down and heat up whenever you want. Furthermore they work with another hotel outside the town with a real big pool where you can make a spa day. The food is exellent. As a frequend traveller i really recommend this place. Is it expencive? Well, nothing in Marrakech is cheap (apart from the taxis) and Riad el Ouarda lays in the upper midrange. In comparison to other houses i found the price ok. A litle pearl inside the medina.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank polpor

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2006

I´ve just arrived from a 3 day trip to Marrakech.
I´d booked 3 nights in Riad El Ouarda, but after a problem with our flight we only stayed 2.
I phone them the same evening I was supposed to arrive and they said it was OK.
Once you arrive they give you a map and tell you what to see in Marrakech, they offered us a mint tea, wich we refused, and gently they gave us a bottle of water.
Tha Riad is in the Medina, a bit far from the main sites, what makes it more authentic, and its no problem because if it´s too hot you always can catch a taxi, they are very cheap.
The room was big and nice. It had 2 levels, with the bathroom an a hall dowstairs and the bedroom upstairs, It also has a little place to stay outside in a patio near the access and the stair to go up to the terrace or down to the patio.
The breakfast was really good, consists of orange juice, fruit, bread and cakes, marmelade, butter and coffee or tea. It is served in the terrace.
You can have dinner there too (we didn´t) but we asked for a mint tea and they served it there one evening...A GREAT THING TO DO, you´ll have peace and the sound of birds, views of the mosque...
They helped us lot and made some phone calls to book a table in some restaurants and to the airport because we had lost some luggage.
We left our room after having breakfast and they offered us to keep our luggage and also to retun anytime we want to have some rest or take a shower. We finally did and stay in the afternoon resting in the patio near the pool.
We were surprised that they only charged us the price of the 2 nights stay.
I know it´s quite expensive to pay 120E for a night in Marrakech, and I´m sure you can find a good riad cheaper near the sites, but I think riad el ouarda worths it, I´ve had a wonderfull time ang got what I was looking for, charm, authencity and a magnificent service.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank oliva
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2006

We have just returned from 4 days at Riad El Ouarda. This place is a fantastic retreat from the town and the ambiance is old, elegant and very restful. Superb food all the time and very nice staff. If you are looking for a short break/long weekend, and don't mind paying a bit more, this is a beautiful riad to stay in. Fantastic roof terrace too. Thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2006
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2005

We toured around the Riads of Marrakesh. El Ouarda has to be the most expensive and "not-worth-the price" riad we've seen. The architecture is stunning. The view from the terrasse is quite amazing. There's no doubt about that. But clearly these are the only 2 things you're paying for. In terms of service El Ouarda doesn't offer more than a 40Euro Riad. They even make you pay for their map! For 150 bucks a night you'd think the welcoming tea is free. No, it isn't. You'll find it on your bill when you leave!
Definately go for the 40Euro riads!

• Stayed March 2005