“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 101 Spas & Wellness in Marrakech
London, England, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My friends and I stumbled across the Spa whilst wondering through the Medina and knew we'd found a perfect retreat from the moment we stepped inside. The interior was beautiful and the delicate mixture of soft lighting and enticing smells added to the ambiance.
The price of a Hammam was less than £12 which was incredibly reasonable considering how much we got out of it (the foot massage at the end was divine!).
The staff were all polite and attentive, and we all felt so peaceful afterwards that we could have stayed there for more than the one and a half hours.

Visited June 2013

42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“fantastic flushing massage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stumbled upon this Hammam just walking by it. Very nice and relaxing decor, nice front desk lady speaks English but no touristy feeling inside at all. On our first visit, the treatments were as expected only to have a screaming baby in the Hammam disrupt the wanted peace and quiet. The owner was apologetic and did not charge us, other than the initial deposit fee of 200 Dhs. We went back a week later hoping to have our relaxing treatments and were not disappointed. The draining massage was very good and my legs felt revived after a week of lots of walking around Marrakech. My friend fell asleep during her relaxing massage, so it worked. I would highly recommend this Hammam for a few hours break and relaxation.

Visited March 2013
Kiev, Ukraine
“Recomended place to visit in Marrakech”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am from Kiev, Ukraine. I am a huge fan of hammam and I have visited a lot such places in the world. So, I can admit that Les Bains de Azahara is one of the best hamman which I have ever visited. All there is created with understanding of needs and desires of the clients. The personnel is very professional and very client-oriented. When you are going to choose high class hotel, you are looking for five stars hotel, so Les Bains de Azahara is five stars hammam place!

Visited March 2013
Kassel, Germany
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Absolutely enjoyed it - especially for that price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had the cheapest treatment but it was absolutely relaxing!
The Les Bains de Azahara were the second spa that we went to and we had the same treatment as before but it was half price of what we had payed at the other spa.
Comparison and description:
We didn't get free slippers and underwear. (So, bring a second slip! Shoes are optional. You don't need them.)
My boyfriend and I had a private hammam and the lady who did the treatment was amazing! Instead of using a water jet she scooped water on us. That was so much more relaxing! The room was very nice and traditionally decorated. The srubbing was really intense. In the more expensive spa it was more relaxing - but only because she did hardly scrub half of my body. In this spa the lady scrubbed every bit and was very accurat. I loved it, although it makes your skin burn. :-)
Before standing up we got a bucket with cool water and rose peddals to put our feet into. That way my blood circulation was stimulated and I didn't have any problems when I left the room. (I nearly fainted in the other spa.)
We were brought to a relaxation area. and got some tea. After a couple of minutes two younger woman came to give us a foot massage which is included. It was really relaxing and I liked the fact that they treated my boyfriend and me at the same time. Although the girls were chatting while doing the massage, I didn't feel disturbed. I think it was more authentic that way.
The only negative things:
- There was no hair dryer, although they had a shower in the private changing rooms. I was glad, our hotel was only about 100 m from the spa.
- You could here the people and cars on the street while being in the spa. It wasn't very loud, but I which, they had a door to seperate the reception an dhallway from the other parts of the spa to keep the noise out.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Waterwitch100
Nyon, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was a lovely experience. It's quite a small boutique place which made for a friendly atmosphere. I had a hammam and the traditional Marrocan massage and I really enjoyed them and felt very relaxed. My skin felt wonderful for two days!

Visited November 2012