“Peaceful Paradise amongst a very busy surrounding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Jardins de la Medina

Les Jardins de la Medina
Ranked #44 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Nuremberg, Germany
“Peaceful Paradise amongst a very busy surrounding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

A beautiful hotel, luxurious rooms, first-class dinners, excellent service, ideal for relaxing!
When you are tired after a long walk through the busyMedina of Marrakech and arrive at the hotel you feel as if you are entering the Garden of Eden.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Antonia5011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
St Albans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

After reading all the reviews on here we booked a table for our first evening meal as we were staying in a riad around the corner.
The hotel is very beautiful and the surroundings are lovely. The food was ok (more of that later)but unfortunately our evening was ruined by bad service. We all ordered our main courses at the table and our order was taken by a lady manager. I actually pointed out the dish I wanted (thai seafood curry)on the menu as I wanted to know if it came with rice and which seafood was in it. When our main dishes arrived I somehow ended up with veal curry with fried bananas!! I obviously pointed out the mistake, she was very apologetic and at this stage I was fine and said if she gave me another glass of wine I would forget all about it. 25 mins later I still had an empty glass, the rest of my party had finished eating and I was finally bought..........a rack of lamb!!!!! At this point I understandably got quite annoyed actually got hold of another menu and pointed out again what I wanted and that I still had no wine. 25 mins later I finally got the dish I asked for, still no wine but after the 3rd time of asking was bought some. Needless to say by this point the evening was completely ruined, I ate the dish but didn't enjoy it as I was so annoyed. To add insult to injury we then asked for the bill - they had not taken anything off to compensate so my husband informed them he would not be paying for my food or drink to which they agreed. Needless to say we didn't leave a tip. Interestingly they gave me a feedback form which I completed in detail, leaving my number and email address, thinking that maybe someone would get back to me to apologise as we were in Marrakech for another 5 days but no. My husband ordered the house special - the Royal Tagine - very disappointing, he didn't even finish half.
So in conclusion - I realise based on the reviews here we were probably very unlucky with our experience however I think they are a Morrocan restaurant with Morrocan staff trying to emulate a European restaurant and they are just not up to it - as proved by the incident itself and the lack of follow up. All the subsequent meals out we had at our Riad and in local Morrocan restaurants were fantastic, with excellent food because they were doing what they do best and not trying to be something they're not!!!!!! Please look at all my other reviews for restaurants in Marrakesh as they are all excellent!!!
Iand discussed my dish with here

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank finedinerStAlbans
Naestved, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

If there is a heaven, I hope that there also is a Hotel and RESTAURANT Les Jardins de la Medina!
This beautifull hotel is very well situated, friendly and polite staff, always a smile. 6****** Dubai or Asia hotels can not compete with this heavenly spot.

Room Tip: Do have lunch or dinner. Very good and innovative chef. Use the top terrasse overlooking the Atlas...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Saltoe
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel was a wonderful surprise. you enter through a door in a high wall and you are in a different world. The closest USA comparison I can think of might be something in New Orleans around the Garden District or the French Quarter. I had a very large first floor room with French windows opening directly into the courtyard. Nice pool although a little small, Beautiful plantings, banana trees, palms, and orange trees everywhere. Good food. Service a little slow but not too bad.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Arthur M
Manteo, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed at Les Jardins de la Medina for our last two nights in Morocco, after traveling to many sites and towns on a 10 day visit. It was the perfect ending for a wonderful journey. The room was beautiful with a garden view and rooftop terrace. The pool and grounds were just spectacular!
We found the walk to the souks to be easy and about 10 minutes away. We also felt completely safe walking to and from the riad at night. The staff was very courteous and helpful We did eat dinner at the restaurant one evening and enjoyed it very much. The Moroccan wines that we tried were also very nice. The breakfast buffet was plentiful with lots of variety!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tatt09
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

A delightful boutique-style hotel with a good location in Marrakech close to all the sites. Apparently, a former palace arranged around a courtyard, the courtyard is now a riot of green (trees & plants) & a welcoming swimming pool.

A warm welcome from Youssef at check-in upon arrival & subsequently always received a smile from him during the stay. However, Youssef was not the only excellent member of staff; all other staff were professional & friendly.

My bedroom was more than adequate with a lovely view of the palm trees in the courtyard & of the swimming pool.

Food at breakfast & for dinner was good; in was reassuring that in addition to some exquisite Moroccan dishes there was also high quality western food & I would recommend the 'Filet of Beef Rossini'. Indeed the food was of such a high quality that I decided not to eat out during my stay.

There is a pleasant roof top area for sitting or sunbathing with great views of the snow-clad Atlas Mountains; as a keen birdwatcher it was also good to see flamingos & many other species fly past whilst I was relaxing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank David T
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Behind a door on a narrow street in the Medina likes a an oasis of garden, swimming pool, great hotel and excellent service. You can feel the history of the building and every turn you find an interesting courtyard and the roof is a true place to relax and view the Atlas mountains as the sun goes down.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple