WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #51 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Property!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We couldn't have been more impressed with Les Jardins de la Medina - absolutely beautiful hotel, great location, beautiful gardens, heated swimming pool, and the staff were above and beyond fantastic. I can't recommend the hotel highly enough! Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Annabelle M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We visited for 4 days last week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had a lovely room (No.120) which was spacious with a lovely terrace. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The roof terrace is beautiful and it was lovely to relax on the sofas especially as the weather during our stay was glorious. The grounds are very well maintained and it certainly did feel like paradise once inside the door, with the lush green foliage and birds singing in the trees. Although it is a good 20 minute walk to the souks, it is a fairly straightforward and interesting journey. If we visit Marrakech again we will definitely return here and will recommend to friends.

Room Tip: We had room 120 which was very spacious with a good sized terrace with table and parasol overlooking...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda C
Port d'Andratx, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed in this Hotel last week, upon arrival we were greeted with a tea and some dates and apricots in the little outside area. I think the only way for me to give this Hotel a good review is by doing a pros and cons list as there were so many good but also bad things.,
The good things are that the rooms are very clean (cleaned 2 a day), staff is f riendly and helpful and the roof terrace is great with amazing views.
The bad things unfortunately theres a lot more, service from the bar is very slow, one night we actually waited 25 mins for a cocktail with only one order before ours. The coktails are quite expensive compared to other places and a pack of crisps is 5 Euros, the bar doesnt have a big selection also when sat in the bar area in the winter time its quite smoky due to the open fire and on top people smoking inside it stings your eyes if youre not used to it.
Breakfast is not too bad even though dont come too early it says from 7:00 - 10:30 but we came at 7:30 and they were still decorating tables bringing food out and rearanging everything, the worse thing was as it was quite cold the gas heaters were only turned on when people started arriving so it wasalways very cold at breakfast and the who we thought might be the morning manager as he was always round breakfast in a suit was even worse because everytime he arrived he started moving tables, chairs just making a lot of noise in general which wasnt very nice when your trying to enjoy breakfast. Also scrambled egg was always cold but you can order an omlette if wanted at least thats hot. Selection of fresh fruit was good. The dinner in the Hotel was okay but overrated in my eyes, we had dinner in so many other places for less money and better quality, but I guess it depends on everyones taste.
If you like sleeping dont stay in 128 its directly over the kitchen and laundry room and gets very noisy from 6 am, which is why my mum had to change rooms. I was in 133, the room had no little terrace in fact i couldnt even open my windows because my privacy would have been invaded and when my neighbours came in at 2am the walls are that thin that i thought they were in my room, I could hear everything also when i was in the bathroom I could hear everything that happened on the roofterrace including conversations. Allthough the bed was okay, I couldnt sleep due to noise from everywhere like doors closing, (not one hotel door in this facility closes quietly) , the street, the roof terrace, my neighbours etc. After the room change my mum moved to 130, which was nice but very damp and cold, the heater in bathroom was behind a cupboard so it didnt heat at all and there was a lot of mold which I will include pictures of. Tv was very small but you dont need a tv on holiday, it had 2 english channels and one german all the other were french. Also big problem i had was the way to my room was not covered so I got wet everytime I had to walk to my room, but at least there was umbrellas in the room.
The Pool area and garden area is a big plus for this Hotel also the roof terrace, all in all I think this Hotel has a lot of potential but just needs some more TLC in general.
In my eyes its not a Rhiad, its a Hotel and at the moment it doesnt deserve the valuation it has, not due too staff but because of facilities and little things, it just seems that the staff are trying everything but there seems to be a manager missing that makes sure things are going like they should. One day while in the bar having a drink, we got asked to move tables 3 times because they were doing maintenace work, now Im a paying guest and want some peace and quiet but all I heard most afternoons was drilling etc. Would I stay again, probably not, I think there is better places in Marrakech for better value. Again its not the staff but everything else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank TanjaParkinson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We spent our honeymoon here at the end of November 2012 and cannot recommend this riad highly enough. Admittedly this was our first trip to Marrakech so have little to compare it too but from the moment we arrived the Jardins de la medina felt like the perfect place to stay. All staff were attentive and friendly throughout our stay, welcoming us with a drink in the bar and a tour of the gardens while our room was prepared with candles and rose petals (they even serviced the room twice a day). We had a double superior room on the ground floor which was a good size, had a large shower/wet room and comfortable lounge space with 14"tv (the sultan rooms have larger tvs). It also opened onto a small private outside seating area which was shaded but pleasant (the solarium rooms all seem to have private 3rd floor outdoor spaces to catch the sun). The communal roof terrace though has 5 sun beds and lots of other seating giving awsome views of the mountains and the city. The location was good with the main square and other attractions within 10-15 mins walk (depending how many people stop you on the way!). The entire complex seems much larger than other riads in this district with substantial gardens and a good sized heated pool. The restaurant is superb although being veggie we were limited to tagines and pasta, the location is handy for other nearby restaurants though (try the kasbah cafe down the road for a cheaper alternative menu). In summary this is a beautiful place to stay and were we to return to Marrakech we would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank rcd77
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Superb all round. Excellent, caring service from pick up at airport right through our stay. Lovely bar with log fire for the winter nights, and good restaurant. Good spa treatments, reasonably priced. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our 4 night stay and I intend returning with my other daughter in Spring!

Room Tip: All rooms are good quality. Ours were on ground floor opening on to gardens and pool area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rblvjenkins
Banff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Wonderful! I loved this hotel. Perfectly situated just inside the old city. A quaint and peaceful oasis with lovely gardens and simple, elegant, spacious, clean rooms. The restaurant is lovely but if you are looking for speedy service, this is not the place for you. The staff throughout the hotel is friendly and professional. Be forewarned, not all taxi drivers in Marrakech know where this riad is located so carry a map and something with the hotel address on it to be helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We ( 2 adults and 7 year old twins) had a great time traveling to Marrakech for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Hotel was very nice, service excellent, concierge extremely helpful and with superb knowledge of the city. Pool was great for the kids. Restaurant serves excellent food and staff very (kid-) friendly.

• Stayed November 2012