Les Jardins de La Koutoubia
  • Pool
$399
$387
  • Pool
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/24
$455
$439
Cancelon
1,718 results
All reviewspiano barmini suiterooftop poolthe main squareinternational restaurantan oasisupgraded to a suitebeautiful hotelrose petalsceiling fanbelly dancerles jardinssuperb locationthe hustle and bustlethe ground floormain poolcall to prayer
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My daughter and I found the hotel much much better than expected given some of the comments and the price we paid. It’s a very gentile, quiet, spacious place with lots of room to sit outside or by the two pools. We enjoyed speaking French (English is spoken but French felt more natural for all) and the service was excellent but not intrusive, if you don’t ask you don’t get but that’s good for us, we didn’t want to be bothered all the time. The breakfast choice is superb, hot and cold with freshly cooked omelettes and pancakes and lots of fresh fruit and yogurt and honey etc. All the food is very good and not too pricey, options immediately outside the hotel are limited so we ate in a lot and the poolside service was a special treat. We spent many hours happily sunbathing, reading, swimming or eating in between visiting the delights of the medina which does need escaping from after only an hour or two. The main square is a mere 2 minutes walk so popping in and out was easy and we liked knowing we could be ‘home’ the minute we decided enough was enough for our fragile European souls!

Room Tip: We overlooked the pool and were very happy and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here in August, booked out holiday through Eton Travel and Kouni; both of which were excellent. On arrive we were greated by our personal Kouni Rep, very good english, polite and incredibly helpful. We read reviews and was grateful that we got a room with working and quite air conditioning. The rooms was lovely large, very clean and confortable, 6 ft bed was great. The pool areas was delightful, especially in early evening with a G&T. It was a wonderful feeling coming from the chaos of the market and souks, entering the hotel door to find calm and peace. We ate in all three restaurants all good, particularly the french restaurant; prices were very similar in all three and were as you would expect but not too over the top. All staff were helpful and friendly; service was good. We were pleased we only stayed here for three night not because of the lovely hotel, but because of the hussle and bussle outside. we met Brit coming into the restaurant to eat who said that it was much better than their 5* in Merrakech. We then moved onto Agadir which was completely different. If we were to return to Merrakech we would definately come back. If you get to go on an excusion via Kouni to the Atlas Mountains for a day,it is recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Loopy028
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Although Le Jardin de la Koutoubia hotel is in a great location and the pool area is an oasis of calm, my friends and I found all the staff (apart from two waiters) very unfriendly and at times rude. For instance when we arrived at reception we received no greeting at all and the receptionist preferred to answer the phone rather than give us her attention. No concierge was available to give us any assistance and the maitre'd did not welcome us at breakfast. We were not supplied with water in the room and the air con was almost non existant. My husband sent me an e-mail whilst I was at the hotel, but this was never given to me. Having stayed at another hotel just one hour away, where the staff were berbers and extremely friendly and helpful I think the manager at the J de la K needs to seriously look at training the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool side are very peaceful with lovely view of pool and garden.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Margo P
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed at a riad in the Medina but were told you could pay to use the pool at les Jardins de la Koutoubia... So four of us tried. At first the receptionist said yes, but then said that as all the loungers had been reserved (with towels but no people in evidence) we couldn't swim, but we were welcome to have a drink. That proved more difficult than we'd imagined... After 10 minutes of being ignored by two waiters I went to ask for menus. After another 10 minutes I went to ask them to come and take our order, to be told to go back and get the order myself and bring it to the waiter. I did this, like an idiot, but when he suggested that I come back to collect the drinks and take them to the table myself, even I balked. The hotel, and bar, and pool and gardens looked pretty, but if they treat hotel guests the way they treat non resident guests, I wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jleech
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We didn't actually stay at the hotel, but were staying at a riad around the corner to this hotel, and so found this by chance on our first night. We ate here at the rooftop Indian restaurant and were not disappointed at all. The food was absolutely delicious, in lovely surroundings and very pleasant staff. The bar downstairs was also lovely, where we would often sit by their lovely pool and enjoy a mojito before heading back to our riad. We travelled around Cuba last year and nowhere served a delicious mojito as at this bar, they were divine! If we were to return to Marakesh I would surely like to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple