Les Jardins de La Koutoubia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$173
$158
$142
  • Pool
$541
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$42
$669
$638
Cancelon
1,682 results
All reviewspiano barmini suiterooftop poolthe main squareinternational restaurantan oasisupgraded to a suitebeautiful hotelrose petalsceiling fanbelly dancerles jardinssuperb locationthe hustle and bustlethe ground floormain poolcall to prayer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Although Le Jardin de la Koutoubia hotel is in a great location and the pool area is an oasis of calm, my friends and I found all the staff (apart from two waiters) very unfriendly and at times rude. For instance when we arrived at reception we received no greeting at all and the receptionist preferred to answer the phone rather than give us her attention. No concierge was available to give us any assistance and the maitre'd did not welcome us at breakfast. We were not supplied with water in the room and the air con was almost non existant. My husband sent me an e-mail whilst I was at the hotel, but this was never given to me. Having stayed at another hotel just one hour away, where the staff were berbers and extremely friendly and helpful I think the manager at the J de la K needs to seriously look at training the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool side are very peaceful with lovely view of pool and garden.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Margo P
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed at a riad in the Medina but were told you could pay to use the pool at les Jardins de la Koutoubia... So four of us tried. At first the receptionist said yes, but then said that as all the loungers had been reserved (with towels but no people in evidence) we couldn't swim, but we were welcome to have a drink. That proved more difficult than we'd imagined... After 10 minutes of being ignored by two waiters I went to ask for menus. After another 10 minutes I went to ask them to come and take our order, to be told to go back and get the order myself and bring it to the waiter. I did this, like an idiot, but when he suggested that I come back to collect the drinks and take them to the table myself, even I balked. The hotel, and bar, and pool and gardens looked pretty, but if they treat hotel guests the way they treat non resident guests, I wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jleech
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We didn't actually stay at the hotel, but were staying at a riad around the corner to this hotel, and so found this by chance on our first night. We ate here at the rooftop Indian restaurant and were not disappointed at all. The food was absolutely delicious, in lovely surroundings and very pleasant staff. The bar downstairs was also lovely, where we would often sit by their lovely pool and enjoy a mojito before heading back to our riad. We travelled around Cuba last year and nowhere served a delicious mojito as at this bar, they were divine! If we were to return to Marakesh I would surely like to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mareofessex
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel many times. It is close to the main square in Marrakesh and great for getting a feel of the locals. The staff are very helpful and speak excellent English. Rooms good and food excellent. An oasis in Marrakech.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anton W
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were hesitant about booking this hotel, due to some of the comments..including in regards to the air conditioning...but we are very glad we did! We arrived very early, 830am, but were welcomed and asked if we would like to have breakfast while our room was prepared. (thought in my cynical mind...sure we will get a charge, but we didn't.). When our room was ready at 930..the bell man took us over to see the upgraded room and to ensure we were happy before bringing our bags. We were given a suite, but it was in a separate building, which we were unsure of..so they showed us our original room and let us make the choice...how often does that happen!? Again, a very nice touch. After checking in we throughly enjoy both pools, very relaxing. No need to get up early to save loungers...there were plenty! Also the food at the restaurants was very good in particular the Indian one on the roof, we ate there twice.
We found most of the staff very helpful and pleasant, who were happy to give us directions and advice on pricing in the souks..what we should pay for certain souvenirs..which really helped in
our negotiations. Would definitely stay here again, if we return to Morocco.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple