First of all - considering that this Riad has 211 excellent reviews, 3 terrible at the date I write this, please read more than just the review entitled "Do not book!" if you want a proper representation of the hotel ;-)
* Hotel arranged our taxi from airport to Riad (and vice-versa) for a very reasonable price, suitcases were carried for us and we had an easy journey.
* The room was beautiful and very authentic. We were on a floor where there were no other rooms overlooking ours and so we effectively had a "private" balcony.
* The riad is located about 15 minutes walk from the "Big Square". It is down a side street so slightly confusing on the first visit....but after that you realise it's a hidden oasis!
* The courtyard where breakfast (and possibly dinner if you decide you would like it) is served is amazingly tranquil and shaded.
* The food is exceptionally good, we stayed for 5 nights and breakfast was different each day. We also had 2x evening meals and we were very pleased with them.
* The air con in the rooms takes the temperature down to "too cold" in no time at all. Our room was on the 3rd floor so would have been unbearable without it.
* The pool was our standard afternoon location after trudging about in the hot summer sun during the morning. With there always being an area in the shade next to the pool, there's the choice of both sunbathing and relaxing.
* The staff were excellent and knew all the guests by name.
* We never felt that security was an issue regardless of the fact that keys are left at reception when leaving the riad. The safe was also adequate for all our valuables.
* Free wi-fi!
* Could have used a small fridge in the room, but space is at a premium so may not be possible.
* TV signal was quite poor, but then again we didn't spend long in the room and we found stuff to watch on Youtube if bored.
We would definitely return! Thank you for a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first charmed hotel in Marrakech, located in a historic place of the Medina, a few steps from the famous Dar el Bacha, Riad Malika offers, in a subtle blend of "Art Deco" and traditional moroccan art, 10 luxurious rooms, patios, its swimming pool, hammam and its beautiful gardens shaded. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Riad Malika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Malika Hotel Marrakech