WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Les Deux Tours

Les Deux Tours
Ranked #47 of 512 Hotels in Marrakech
New York City, New York
“A lot of good things here...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

There's so much to like here, and most of it is the infrastructure. The grounds, the bar, the dining area, the rooms (my wife and I had Pool Suite 4, which was huge and awesome -- so many cool nooks and crannies), and the lush foliage. As previous writers have noted, Les Deux Tours provides a very peaceful sanctuary from the manic blast of the Medina. You could easily just lose yourself in the splendor of the property and never leave. Just don't get too tangled up with needing the staff. Because they are fairly inept at critical times.

On two occasions (actually, the ONLY two, come to think of it) the staffer sent to start a romantic fire in our room failed to ignite anything that lasted more than five minutes. The wood was too wet or something and the buzz kill was on. When we called later to ask for a new attempt at a warming fire, we were told the firestarter had gone home and we were out of luck. Okay, so it was was it was.

But because our wakeup call came 20 minutes late the next morning, we started realizing that the staff was not exactly on the ball. And that trend carried over to breakfast, when it took half an hour to get things going, despite our promptings, and we were running late, so we could not help but take notice.

But, the shaky staff aside, we would rate this place as 4.5 stars because the surroundings are really amazing. The location, in the fashionable Palmeriae, is excellent as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Luke182

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This luxurious hotel provided a sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of busy Marrakech. There were 6 of us celebrating our friend's 50th and we couldn't have been better served by the kind and attentive staff. The rooms, pool and grounds were of a very high standard and we all enjoyed a massage and private dining for Ali's birthday! We made use of the free minibus into the city centre to sample the suks, restaurants and riads but were always pleased to get back to our lovely hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were looking for a place that could accommodate our need of a bigger room (we are a family), not far away from the city centre and where to really relax. We found all of it at Les Deux Tours, a wonderful oasis of peace far away from the bustling of Marrakech.
The food and service was excellent, not to say of the spa with its fabulous hamam treatment and the pool!
We'd definitively recommend it to all those families (but also couples) who wish to treat themselves in a sort of heavenhly place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Milano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Small, cozy hotel in the heart of La Palmeraie.
Staff and management very helpful, willing to please the guest.
Rooms are nicely decorated, large, clean.
Restaurant at dinner very romantic, and food very tasty.
Definitely a nice experience.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G974
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I read in Lonely Planet that this was one of the better hammam experiences, so I decided to give it a shot and also enjoy a little respite from the Medina. I had a pretty easy time booking a 1-hour hammam and gommage via email (steam, soap, scrub, mask and soak), and I read that with any spa service you can also enjoy the pool before or after. When I arrived via a 100 MAD taxi from the Medina, I was shown where the spa and pool were located. I grabbed a towel and a chaise under an umbrella at the pool for a half hour before my spa appointment. Very lovely and low-key setting and crowd. You can order drinks from the pool, too, should you be inspired. When I arrived at the spa, I waited about 20 minutes after my appointment before being helped but I was in no rush. I was eventually led to a changing room and given a pair of disposable undies to put on. I then spent about 15 to 20 minutes in the hammam (like a sauna but gorgeous marble and tile instead of wood) before my beautician, for lack of a better term, came to soap me up and scrub me down. Kind of awkward to be washed by another person but when in Rome.... Scrub was great, although you lie on a marble slab topped with plastic mats and do worry about sliding off! After that comes the mask of something yummy smelling and brown. I expected it to be thick but it was quite thin and stayed on another 15 minutes while I sat on a little plastic mat again atop a tiny stool. I was then washed again and put in the tub/mini-pool to soak, which I quite liked. Finally, I was washed one last time, wrapped in a plush robe and sent to relax on a chaise with hot tea and European magazines in a sun room. After about an hour and a half all said and done, I put my swim suit back on and returned to my spot at the pool until my taxi came back for me a few hours later. A pretty affordable yet luxe afternoon in the Palmerie!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kellyj415
cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you are looking for a wonderful boutique hotel in the palmeraie this is the place.
We stayed in a suite with Jacuzzi which was beautiful, so much room, including courtyard, daybed, huge room, bathroom etc, really tastefully decorated. Comfy bed, with clean linen everyday.
Albrecht and his staff are so friendly and helpful, the level of service is outstanding, from the waiters around the pool, to breakfast staff, all are so happy to help, always with a smile.
The shuttle into Marrakech runs 3 times a day which means you can mix up your visits into Marrakech, morning, afternoon and night. It's great to be in the hustle and bustle of Marrakech and retreat back to the magnificent pool. I could have happily lazed by the pool or one of the daybeds all day.
Breakfast is great, lots of choice and again great service. Ate in the restaurant a few times which is lovely with superb staff, but as others have mentioned ever so slightly limited, but what you can choose from is top notch. Loved the gardens, veg patch, grounds, billiards rooms etc. There are so many beautiful spaces throughout this place, from the reading rooms to the bar, everywhere is so peaceful, it never feels busy or crowded.
Book here if you want a relaxing luxury base outside the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. It's even more beautiful than the photo's, you will not be disappointed. We just can't wait to go back! Magical.

Room Tip: Room 39 is a suite with heaps of room and jacuzzi
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hep25
Herne Bay, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Lovely hotel set in beautiful grounds 15 mins outside Marrakech. Stunning pool in a large garden of winding pathways; imaginative planting; and lovely surprises like a day bed or an outside massage room just in a clearing. The food is great quality but the menu choice is small. The menu didn't change either, so, if you're there for a week, you do get slightly bored around the taste buds.

We had a hammam in the hotel spa and it was fabulous - highly recommended.

We also went the whole hog and had a pool suite. Oh, my, what a treat. You get your own little courtyard and pool to loll about in away from everyone else. Heaven.

The reception staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel has a shuttle buss that goes into town 3 times a day.

You might want to avoid a Saturday/Sunday stay? A nearby hotel produced pounding music from Saturday lunchtime to early Sunday morning, then from Sunday lunch to Sunday 6pm. Even in our courtyard retreat it was really intrusive. The hotel does know about the issue and says it is confined to Sat/Sun (certainly true of our stay) and that sometimes it's worse than other.

Room Tip: Bite the bullet and get a pool suite - it's such a treat!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple