“Charming hotel with morrocan atmosphere”

Hotel Marrakech le Tichka
Ranked #422 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
east preston
“Charming hotel with morrocan atmosphere”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Just had a week at the Tichka and pleasantly surprised by the outstanding value. Great food and able to swap lunch and dinner when on half board.big comfortable bed.roaring log fires in lounge and dining room in the evening. Friendly staff. I liked the area tho a good 15min taxi to Jamal.would def go again

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank 747rodley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel with British Air ways for a good deal flight+hotel for 7 night for 247 pounds pp I went with my husband and when we got there the chick in was quick and easy, the room is large with ensuite, balcony overlooking to the swimming pool so fare it's Ok. What I didn't like is the breakfast , it's really very poor I have been in other 4 stars hotel in Marrakech and the difference is really huge. A small selection of pastries, two kinds of cheese, tiny boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, and a tasteless fruit salad I was really disappointed. The only good thing is the Moroccan tea made by waiter Abbass he's the only friendly and smily waiter and make a really nice Moroccan tea.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel in general we found was rather tired for want of a better word. The room we were allocated was ok but exposed wireing on two switch units in room 309 was a hazard as was also the leaky loo at the base which was pretty unhygenic. Broken light on the patio also exposed wires.
However our main problem was the breakfast in the morning which was a part of our B & B deal. First three days saw tables unlaid, fruit juices running out, no cups for coffee and tea, no hot water for tea which was disseminated from flasks, eggs ran out as did tomato, cheese etc. scrabbling around for clean cutlery, napkins etc. This was at around 09.00 with breakfast not due to finish until 09.00. This was pointed out to restaurant staff who in general certainly lacked leadership and coordination. The fourth day I took a camera to photo the evidence so as to speak. This ruffled feathers big time with the restaurant manager then also produceing a camera and after stocking up on the various items of which there were many missing then took his photos. It gets even better. He then put a plate laden with pastries on to the table in front of my partner and then took a photo of that with her as well, very good even though I had already amassd my evidence. He could well write the script for Fawlty Towers! Only problem was my other half who has a wheat intolerance would not have touched the pastries anyway, she just wanted some boiled eggs and some fruit etc. She also runs a very successful cafe in the UK so does know what the standard should be. Also I hasten to add she is not one of those fussy intolerant types either. We are both VERY seasoned travellers having being expats for many years, Airline staff and catering also. We do make allowances for the location etc as well knowing full well one does not expect the same range of produce one gets in other countries as Morrocco is after all a Muslim state. In all the breakfast service was a big joke.
The upside: Hotel staff polite and helpful, location excellent as off the main roads with only a short walk for bus No 1 into town direct. Poolside good and clean, hotel reception area open and airey with porters available and very helpful with local knowledge as were reception staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank longhauljock
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed at tichka last week six nights with my family it was fun staff there were helpful pool area is clean and relaxing you can have transport to jamma alfna from across the road its bus no1 takes you to the new town centre and jamma alfna taxis are expensive and bus journy just 4 dirhams per person nice people downside only Aircon was out of order

Room Tip: Look for rooms on the pool side and have halfboard because food cast for family of four could cast y...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sain baba M
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 3 day break at the tichka hotel and had a fantastic time, the hotel was spotlessly clean and full of Moroccan charm, the pool was sparkling clean and although cold was definitely worth the effort of a swim. The staff and food were wonderful, we had dinner overlooking the pool. Nobody pestered us for tips but we happily gave them as they staff were very deserving. I cannot believe all the negative things people have written my advice would be to go and enjoy yourself you won't be disappointed. The number 1 bus goes from outside the hotel on opposite side of road every 30 mins right into medina for just 4 dirhams each and we preferred this to the taxis. Get your haggling heads ready for the medinas though, we were far too polite and paid too much for our souvenirs. We would definitely recommend going to one of the roof top terraces in the medina at sunset to watch the sun set behind the mosque. Lucky you I wish I was going back,.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sam J
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We booked this hotel with very little knowledge of Morocco, we wanted a hot holiday and were considering Spain or Europe, but we wanted to try something different. We found this hotel at a very good price and decided to book - we did read some reviews before booking and were not convinced this was the best hotel we could have chosen, little did we know the Tichka Hotel was the reason we didn't see much of what Morocco had to offer! Upon arrival we checked in easy enough, the staff were very friendly and spoke good English. Our bags were taken to our room for us and we were greeted with a smile, nothing was too much trouble. We had a problems using our key card a few times, (besides it being our fault) the reception staff were very attentive and were happy to help at any hour. The pool was amazing, it never closed, one night my boyfriend and I went out for a meal and came back around 12am and we were aloud in the pool to cool down (as Morocco is very very hot). We went half board and the selection was vast, you could choose between having breakfast and lunch, or breakfast and dinner or lunch and dinner which I thought was an excellent touch and very good services for the customers as sometimes we wanted to explore the town and restaurants. I cannot thank this hotel enough for its hospitality and how friendly and helpful the staff were. Amazing place and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Choose a room over looking the pool or mountains...to be honest, wherever you stay you will have a g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Needs modernization overall, the pool is very nice and the rooms are comfortable

The reception staff although not rude to me, were rude to others, and also at one point spent at least 20 minutes dealing with 1 customer at reception whilst there were others waiting, seemingly giving them a history of Morocco.

In essence, if it's a good price, I don't see anything wrong with staying here, but it's certainly not great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo