New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Not really good but also good” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Oudaya

Hotel Oudaya
Ranked #386 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
“Not really good but also good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from 27/7 until 4/8.
And let's say I've had better hotels..
I was with my sister and dad, and first we had a real small room, too small for 3 persons.
We got an other room, luckily, but they should've thought about it before.
Then again the room was not really awesome. Dirty and many things were broken.
The staff was bad, and also where the excursions. We got pick up 2 hours late, and it was much longer drive then they told us it would be, we went back earlier then they told us.
The organization could be a lot better!

I did have fun but i wouldn't go back

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Thatkidrauhll

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Basic standard, but solid, rooms not very big but clean, beds comfortable. They have rules about bringing food and beverages to hotel - not allowed, if someone has that kind of rule you imagine that they have wonderful food there, which actually was not amazing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Yvonne_pl
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed for 7 days here 15/7 -22/7
Staff very welcoming and polite. Beware there is a local tax which you will be charged for on arrival. 11dh/day (under £1)
Room - 5th floor with balcony very clean and linen towels changed daily
Pool area has many seats, about 10 sunbeds - kept very clean and good sized pool
Breakfast quite adequate - bread, eggs, pastries, flat breads
Dinner - 3 courses - very meaty (we're veggie) but quite happy to cook omlettes etc- mostly starter and desert was adequate for us.
Good area - no 1 bus to medina, close to Guerliz and numerous cafes and restaurants there
Carrefour 5 min walk
Would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: 5th floor with balcony overlooking pool was good
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Indiafile
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Oudaya for 7 Nights. We found it very pleasant indeed. It's a gentle half an hour stroll from the main square, and there are many good shops nearby as well as the Jardine Marjorelle. We found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. The food is very basic, but you get what you pay for. There are many other restaurants nearby if you want something more culinary.
The pool is an excellent sun trap for those who want a tan, but there are only 12 sun loungers, so get down early. We found the staff friendly and helpful, they may look a bit grumpy at first, but a smile and a "Bonjour" go a long way to breaking the ice.
This is a budget hotel that has seen better days, however if you want a low cost base to explore Marrakech, this is a good bet.
A word of warning however, when we arrived at 2am, we were presented with a bill for 156dr (around £11). This is apparently a hotel tax. It wasn't mentioned by our operator, nor in any of the literature. It is hotel policy, so don't worry, it's not a scam.
All in all a pleasant budget hotel for those who just want the basics. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WithnailUK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

The overall first impression of this hotel was one of being quite good for a central location of Marrakech. Room was presentable, bathroom fine, small balcony overlooking another hotel pool.

Hot water for the shower was an issue, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't, but at best took about 10-15 minutes for the hot water to come through, what a waste of water.

Breakfast was good value but the coffee although kept in insulated jugs was cold. We stayed half board and the evening menu was less than good. First night choice of rabbit or fish, my wife likes neither and no alternative offered. The rabbit for me turned out to be the rabbit leg, had difficulty finding any meat on it.

On our last morning we had to leave early, should not be an issue as breakfast starts at 6:30, but upon arriving at 6:45 door was locked, staff member inside was sat down talking to another and gestured for us to take the long walk round to the back entrance to come in, needless to say I didn't and after a couple of minutes he did walk over to open the door.

Overall I would say, a nice quiet hotel, but don't waste your money half board, some lovely small reasonable restaurants close by in which to get evening meal.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Martin D
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel was great. It was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The food was to a good standard. The hotel is also in near proximity to the tourists attractions, such as the square. There were no real problems with the rooms other than there was a problem with hot water in the shower, for most of our stay it was cold. However this was just a small problem. In all the hotel was great, and we had such an amazing time in Marrakech!! I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

4 Thank Christina O
Torpoint, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I read the reviews for this hotel after booking and must admit I was a bit apprehensive. but after arriving I can only say that certain reviewers either stayed at a different hotel or were not particularly honest in their opinions. I will itemise what I consider to be my perfectly honest opinions. my wife and I stayed there 31st May to 14th June.
1, the reception my wife and I received from the staff at the hotel was without exception, very warm.
2. the room we were allocated on the 4th floor was spotlessly clean and cleaned daily, the bed was changed daily as were the towels, without exception.
3. we were on a room only basis but ate a number of meals in the evening over the 14days we were there and had no reason to complain of the standard nor the portions of food served, nor the standard of service received.
4. some people complained of the WIFI service but even in the 4th floor room we had, my wife's tablet and my kindle fire HD connected perfectly well and with the app I had for tv, I was able to watch uk tv when needed. ( world cup )
5. wherever you go in Europe the hotels and apartments ( in my experience) always charge for air conditioning, in some cases as much as 10 euros per day, but at the Oudaya it was provided free of charge, and as the temperature reached the mid 40s it was certainly needed.
So in conclusion, take the negative reviews with a large pinch of salt and try the Oudaya for yourself. and treat everyone as you would wish to be treated.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple