Hotel Oudaya
$142
Agoda.com
  • Pool
$540
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$42
$34
$245
$237
$61
$669
$638
Cancelon
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I think in it's past, this hotel may have been ok, but it's glory days are well and truly past.

The reception staff are rude and unhelpful. We even watched a full blown fight between two female staff members followed by one screaming at everyone else for the next 10 minutes (wifi is only in public areas so there is no escape). This was so unprofessional, even a two year old would be better behaved.

Rooms are ok in size but run down and shoddy. Our shower didn't have a proper attachment and sprayed everywhere. We came back one day and the towels were gone - they were returned when we asked though.

WIFI is slow. Breakfast is bad. Location is OK.

I'd highly recommend not staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Reasonable location due to short taxi trip to centre del Fna. Rooms pretty cramped but what do you expect on a group tour in a major centre. Major issue was the bathroom with totally inadequate shower head which could not/would not stay on the wall to be usable. Hence water went everywhere all over the bathroom and also penetrated through the shower curtain. Pretty inadequate overall.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The rooms are ok, quite big and the beds are very good. The bathroom clean, always hot water.
Important in wintertime is that you have heating and this hotel has heating in every room.
The staff is very nice. Can not understand why so many complain about the reception. They were very helpful and nice. If you say hello and are nice they are nice.
The breakfast was very poor, some bread and butter but the staff very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The hotel is very clean and is in a good location not far from the medina and the train station. The pool area is a nice bonus although the pool itself is probably just for decoration as it's freezing and just a few metres away from the dining area. The bedrooms are fine, but if you look out onto the main road outside they're very noisy for much of the night and can make sleep difficult.

By far the worst things are the rude and sometimes deliberately unhelpful reception staff. It's like they resent you asking anything of them at all. The wifi signal is also dreadful and only available in the lobby and pool area, not in the rooms, and if more than a few people use it at once it can fail completely. Asking the staff for help with it was predictably pointless. I also could rarely get a hot shower, which I gather is not unusual in that place.

Room Tip: Not on the main road. Perhaps low down for chance of grabbing a tiny wifi signal and some hot water.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a tour (since I would have never booked this hotel after looking at all the terrible reviews). While the rooms themselves were ok, the bathrooms were terrible. The shower head was so broken & clogged that water just trickled down the wall & flooded the floor. Also our room "balcony" was just a small shared concrete block. However all the above mentioned was not as bad as the terribly rude service I experienced.

Coming back to my room during the day, I needed to drop off a few things & use the restroom. I didn't notice the bathroom floor was wet until after I realized the hem of my long skirt was wet. What's worse is that I noticed the color was coming off completely because the housekeeper had used bleach in the solution sitting on the floor! I complained to management that their carelessness had damaged my dress & would like compensation for it. They basically told me that it was a mistake & not their fault so they couldn't do anything about it.

Another example of this hotel's rude service is when I was trying to get to my next hotel/riad. I needed to call them to arrange a time to meet. When I asked the woman at the front desk to help me place a call, she refused & told me to find a pay phone on the street. I wasn't sure if the pay phones used coins but she insisted they did. Of course when I finally found them, they did not take coins. So I went back to the hotel desk to ask how to use the phone card. Fortunately a different man was at the desk & simply helped me by calling the hotel on his cell phone! Too bad most of the staff I encountered were not as accommodating as him.

Basically, stay here if you want a crappy shower, have your clothing ruined and have most of the staff unwilling to help you at all!

• Stayed: November 2013