“Okay”
Review of Hotel Oudaya

Hotel Oudaya
Ranked #396 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a nice hotel, no big luxury but very nice staff and very tidy! Food is not special but okay price/quality wise. The swimming pool is a nice feature in the hotel. The diningroom is a bit crowed and poor decoration. It is a 30minute walk from the hotel to the center, if you are tirred in the evening, take a cab but be aware of taxi-driver who overprice crazy! And get mad if you refuse to get in...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sofie E

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The location of the hotel was great, I could walk to many places nearby. The rooms were reasonably clean but had issues with plumbing. There was a weird smell coming from it and the shower was ridiculous - way too much pressure and had to let the water flow for like 10 minutes till I could get hot water - again, ridiculous.

Other than this, the food was OK (Would be good if it was buffet or at least some sort of choices to choose from for dinner because I didn't know what I was being served), the continental breakfast could be improved - some things were going cold for staying there too long.

The building is absolutely confusing, first time entering, my room was on the different building and couldn't get there myself and when I was left on my own, had to ask where I am going - signage could be improved.

Nice swimming pool with souvenir shops. I would return here and recommend to someone on a reasonable budget to Marrakech.

Room Tip: Just remember where your room is.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Pretty average hotel. Window doesn’t lock and was left open by cleaning staff while were out – all open to the courtyard on 1st floor. Pillows were like cement bags. Wi-Fi only worked at the very start then couldn’t even locate the network name. Skipped breakfast so can’t comment there. Otherwise clean.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Berliner_Frankie
Reviewed February 18, 2013

So what else do you need? Would've been nice to be able to sign for drinks but you can't have everything. Rooms great, food good and Staff welcoming. The pool is unsheathed but looks fab...only the very brave ventured in the water! Could do with signage ... The rooms are in varying blocks and room numbers can be confusing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have to start by saying it was not just the Hotel but Marakkech also that was terrible. But my main gripe is the attitude of the staff. My wife, who is tiny and frail had her handbag stolen by two thugs on a motorbike just outside the Hotel. There was a big comotion when it happend and the hotel staff was aware of what happend. When i was explaining to the Woman behind the reception that we couldn't gain access to our room because the keys where in my wife bag, she was very put out, and not helpfull at all. She let us into our room with the universal key, but wouldn't are couldn't give a replacement key. Also we couldn't use the elecricity because we had no card to put in the switch, we where told the tv still would work, and we could use this as a light!!.Also when we where checking out, though im not 100% sure, i got the impression the hotel staff where telling the tour operators that we should pay for the stolen key, but they just shurged them off. I never usually write reviews, but because it was traumatic enough for my wife being robbed, the attitude of the Hotel staff didn't help, and i just wanted to share this.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank xinmichael
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel is well equipped but could do with a bit more modernisation and a make over. We liked the location as it was easy to get too shops and eating places. The little cafe across served some nice cheap food. We stayed in the oudayas 2 which is over on the second lobby didn't get loads of noise so i cant complain didn't have any tea making facilities in the room which was a bit disappointing but overall we got a good deal and happy with what we got for what we paid!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RAYRAY M
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Heater was broken, electricity in the room required a visit from a maintennance person.
Breakfast experience was horrible: We came 6 minutes before closing and they pretty much took everything from us before we can take something. We ended up with 1 coffee(which a MANAGER FILLED into our cups and with 1 piece of bread. They took other breads,rolls,juice. They just didn't want us to eat. That's bad service!
Hotel didn't have maps of the city and front desk was quite useless and not friendly.

I wouldn't stay there