Amanjena
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$73
  • Pool
$154
$142
  • Breakfast included
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$42
$34
$182
$666
$639
Cancelon
All reviewsaman resortsed tuttlepeaceful paradiseseparate pool for kidsla mamouniapool villaminute drivethe general manageratlas mountainsberber villagefour seasonsbeautiful hotela bit tiredmoroccan foodan oasisthe hotel offersspa treatments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2009

This is an absolutely beautiful resort with only 37 rooms spread over a large, nicely landscaped area with many water details. The rooms are basically "Casitas" with a walled enclosure and a pavilion outside with built in lounging furniture. The rooms are large and clean with large baths having windows to small outside gardens. There were always snacks in our room, fruit, dates, almonds and peanuts, the limited menu room service was good.

We were there a week and a half and the service and cleanliness throughout the hotel were excellent. The car service provided by the hotel was efficient and the drivers knew the area quite well.

I was a bit surprised at some of the negative comments in other reviews. Other than the food falling a bit short of my expectations, I did not experience any issues with service or cleanliness and I will gladly return to Amanjena in due course.

The manager of the hotel is Miguel Guedes De Sousa and I had several conversations with him during our stay. He was very helpful to us and he certainly seems committed to maintaining a quality operation.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2009

Never before have I experienced such well trained staff and such excellent service - the staff anticipated ones every wish, while still being discrete.
The architecture, selection of materials and interior are of absolute highest standards, combined they create a majestic yet peaceful atmosphere and form the perfect surrounding to relax and enjoy being treated like a king. The beauty of this place will let even the most unskilled of photographers return home with mindblowing pictures - if you won´t take my word for it, just look at my attached pictures.
I will definately come again, the 4 days just passed by too quickly.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed January 11, 2009

It was my third time in Amanjena, always during New Years, we come
back because the Hotel is the most beautiful hotel in terms of
architecture that I know. Amanjena has now, I think over 10 years…of
course is not brand new, but it has mature well, the vegetation has
grown impeccable, and it is well maintained for 10 year property.
Every time we come back there is always something new or improved, or
is the new cars, the gym machines, the new dining experiences,
activities etc. My only critic is the Spa is too small for a Hotel of
this league, the manager has told us they are on planning stage to
build a new one, I hope so, because it is a must. The rooms are still
amazing, an example of simplicity and great taste, always respecting
the local culture, like Aman Resorts do best. That's way most Aman
Resorts get better with time…the opposite happens with design hotels,
like W, Ian Shrager Hotels and others. The Staff still is the same
since my last visit, always kind, attentive and professional, it is
not the same feeling in Asia, because is not Asia…but you cannot find
better in Europe or around the Mediterranean countries, Carabien. The
food this time was very good, good Spanish Food program at lunch time
terrace (something new) great paellas and tapas, the chipirones are
for dying for, the Thai food restaurant continuing to be very good,
very authentic (perhaps too spicy for us...) and the Aman restaurant
which serves Moroccan food and now some Mediterranean dishes, were
very well done has well by the new Chef Thomas, who visited our table
daily with great suggestions. The New years party was superb, when we
come out of the room heading for the cocktail, was like 1001 nights
set up, they had over 1,000 lanterns around the large water reserve, 3
large fires in the middle, what a great affect! all in all very
elegant, again with simplicity and great taste. In the restaurant
there was a correct jazz band, the menu was delicious, the surprised
belly dance show was the hit of the night. Lastly when we arrived to
the room we had a beautiful romantic candles set with a present of the
Amanjena family saying goodbye and thank our stay. On the next day on
departure we felt left like we leave a home of a good friend, it would
be difficult to get better...
Miguel e Rosa Agrela

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MAgrela
Reviewed January 9, 2009

Now I know what my imaginations were when I was thinking as a child of 1001 night: huge arabic architecture with North African interior design consisting of a lot of luxurious exotic details combined with outstanding service, which is normally only expected from the asian continent

We were there at the beginning of November. Unfortunately we were very unlucky with the weather, as it was very cold and windy. Unusual- that is what they said! Nevertheless it was just the right weather to relax in “our “ private heated pool in front of our gorgeous villa of about 400 sqm, equipped with the finest materials, the wonderful calm ambiente of the library and certainly the restaurants. There was no need at all to leave the hotel: we were overwhelmed by the creations of of the chef. (It was fine dining of the best!) and the variety of the wine list in the glamorous atmosphere of the continental restaurant, where you have also the chance to try the local specialities, if you wish . But also the asian restaurant, the more cosy one with the lighter “ cuisine” was excellent! For us the weather was not disturbing at all- on the contrary! It was the chance to experience the phantastic hotel facilities. We will definately come back with friends of ours who appreciate the luxury and the discretion, which you pay for.

Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank Sittah
Reviewed January 9, 2009

We just returned from a 3 day stay at the Amanjena, and wish we were still there. From the moment we arrived at the reception desk, to the sad morning we had to leave, we enjoyed every minute of our stay.
There was an abundance of fresh red roses decorating the different rooms of our villa, delicious fruits and nuts served on a daily basis; the temperature of our own private pool was perfect, the restaurant and the food served was superb and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
To be able to walk from the hotel to the golf course is an added value.
We will definitely come back, and then at least for one week.

Stayed: November 2008