Amanjena
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$73
  • Pool
$154
$142
  • Breakfast included
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$42
$34
$182
$666
$639
Cancelon
All reviewsaman resortsed tuttlepeaceful paradiseseparate pool for kidsla mamouniapool villaminute drivethe general manageratlas mountainsberber villagefour seasonsbeautiful hotela bit tiredmoroccan foodan oasisthe hotel offersspa treatments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were at this hotel for 10 days and were amazed at the level of quality, attention, and tranquility. This is not a family place as it is super quiet. The staff there impressed us every day in every which way possible. From arranging private tours in their small fleet of Mercedes cars to a private celebration for my wife’s 40th in the middle of the golf course under a tent. Never raved about a hotel like this before. There is no doubt the hotel is expensive, but there are also only about 40 rooms (80-100 guests at full capacity) so every need you may have is attended to by their 200+ staff. We stayed in the Pavillion Picine room and they included 3 meals in our daily room rate which was unexpected.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The hotel is really beautiful and perfectly kept, the staff are friendly and efficient. The restaurants serve very nice food with excellent service. But there are significant negatives. The first is the location of the hotel. Yes it is only a short drive to the city center but the city felt quite inaccessible partly because the hotel doesn't recommend guests to use taxi for security reasons. Therefore if one takes the hotel's view seriously which we did, one's only means of transportation is hotel cars which adds a huge premium to the bill. It was probably a safer policy by the hotel however it was quite inconvenient for the guests, Merrakech felt too far away and unreachable. We came here for our anniversary so we thought a bit away from the hustle and bustle of Merrakech was a good idea. But it was too "not Merrakech" as one review pointed out which I fully agree. The second negative is, we felt, that the service, although very professional, was simply not personal enough which one would expect at this very exclusive hotel. In other words, we couldn't pin point out what was wrong with the service (as I said earlier, staff were friendly, pleasant and efficient), but something more personal was missing. Therefore you don't get the warm feeling towards the hotel at the end of the stay. I have debated how I was going to rate it but I just could not say it is excellent.

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom pavilion which had lots of space and a reasonable sized courtyard. I don't know how big is the suite pavillion but for us this was perfect. We didn't use the courtyard much as it was still pretty cold in late February but the room was perfectly comfortable (and romantic).
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank AmrushaGaruda
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My family and I stayed at Amanjena for three nights while on vacation. I can't think of enough superlatives for this hotel. The staff were friendly and attentive, the room was wonderful, the hotel and grounds gorgeous, and the food, from both the Thai and Moroccan menus, was delightful. Dining outdoors by the bassin, with live Moroccan music at the sun set, was unforgettable. The location is outside the hustle and bustle of the city, but just a short a drive away.
The hotel arranged a full-day tour of the old city of Marrakesh for us. The guide was very knowledgeable, and even helped us with the bartering!
If only Amanjena were a bit more affordable... But this was a splurge our family will never forget.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank john_from_mclean
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I visited many, many places in the world and the most beautiful hotel, but Amanjena is really embarassing for its beauty and magic. Top service, incredible rooms, fantastic SPA. It's true, it's not exactly in the center of the city. But this is something I can bear for the privilege to go directly from my sofa into my private swimming pool only with a couple of steps. Negative sides? Yes, it's damn expensive. But it worth.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Fabio M
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I ask to see my room which costs USD 1200 a night and the next one up which is USD 2100 a night.The only differentiating factor is that the higher priced room has a small plunge pool.Fat lot of use on a winters night .
The AmanJena is the favourite hotel of several of my friends,but unfortunately not for me.My room is a concrete pavillion in its own small courtyard.The floor tiles are poorly finished and it is even worse in the bathroom where the wall tiles are in a bad way.There is a nice ambience on entering the room with Arabic music emanating from the in ceiling speaker above the TV. There is a bottle of wine awaiting me and the obligatory Pistachios,almonds and dates.They also place a beautiful bouquet of pink roses in the vase in the corner of the room and some nice tangerines in a ceramic bowl covered by white muslin .The butler lights the real log fire and I feel glad to be here.The furnishings are nice but not exceptional,though the dome of the room gives a feeling of space.
There are however lots of nice touches.There are his and hers straw hats placed on the loungers in the courtyard.They place the plastic water bottles in elegant brown leather cases.They provide nice bath robes and some strange garments that resemble Monk’s robes.They give you some nice black flip flops and my favourite item,some hobbit like pointy slippers,obviously I am taking them home with me.The minibar,coffee machine and television are hidden nicely away in smart cabinetry.
There are lots of plug sockets at the side of the bed,but the bed frame itself makes it difficult to put in the plug.The light switches however are traditional and well placed and easy to understand,so I am not going to lose sleep tonight.There is good desk space,nice lighting and a great wardrobe space including the all-important bench for travellers who like to live out of their suitcase.There is a big shower room and double sinks,but the toiletries are not luxurious and smell of chemicals.The waste bins,Tissue boxes and amenities are all well presented in the same wood casing.They do get most things right here.
There is also a nice outdoor seating and dining pavilion in the courtyard,with nice weather resistant fabrics in place.The fragrant courtyard is lush with beautiful plants and crawlers .
The service is excellent,you don’t have to sign for anything,they all know your name.They escort you from place to place and always make you feel that nothing is too much of a bother.
I take my breakfast outside in the courtyard.It is a simple breakfast,the breads are average and the eggs are too.I try the local delicacy which is basically a Chapati accompanied by almond sauce.
I take a walk around the grounds which are nice but there is no real Moroccan feel to the place,no calls to prayer,just views over a golf course.The thing is with the Aman,all the rooms are the same,with the same wooden craftwork hanging on the walls,the same green lanterns on the side tables,its all predictable and straight from the cookie cutter.The Lobby is pretty and the hotel is well run,but I for one would never stay here again.It lacks personality,individualism and that Marrakech experience.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo