“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Es Saadi Gardens & Resort

You added Es Saadi Gardens & Resort to your Saves list
Es Saadi Gardens & Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Ibrahim El Mazini - Hivernage, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #130 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We are currently staying here and couldn't be happier. Staff are more than helpful, rooms are great, breakfast is fab & it's fantastic value for money.
Although it's seems the majority of guests are French, we don't feel out of place & every staff member I have met has spoken English.
It's a great base away from the hustle & bustle of the old town yet close enough to get there easily enough.
Breakfast is great, huge selection.
It's not the cheapest for food & drink but still less than you pay in uk at a hotel.
Pool is lovely & there is no fight for a lounger.
Although the casino & nightclub is a stone throw away we have not once heard Noise from there in the evening.
Overall very pleased and would come back again.
Please do not be put off by negative reviews, I had been & there was no need.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
Raïk B, Directeur général at Es Saadi Gardens & Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear guests,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Es Saadi Hotel Marrakech.
Your satisfaction and your comments are an encouragement to us in the pursuit of making each stay a memorable one.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Es Saadi Hotel, we sincerely hope to see you again.

With all our very best regards

Es Saadi Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Turkish first
Totnes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We really cannot understand the poor reviews on this hotel. It must have been refurbished since they stayed there.. We were there at the end of April and loved everything about it. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly always smiling. The weather was perfect without mosquitoes. All the meals were good and breakfast had a large display, hot and cold, to choose from. Sitting outside poolside for our dinner was delightful. No loud music. Mainly French speaking guests, some with children who were well behaved. The hotel is favourably located with good access to outside attractions in the area. We would highly recommend this hotel and would go there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Raïk B, Directeur général at Es Saadi Gardens & Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear M Martin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your recent stay at the Es Saadi hotel on TripAdvisor. We are working very hard to ensure that all of our guests are completely satisfied and I am delighted to know that you left our hotel with pleasant memories.
The entire team will be thrilled to hear that their efforts were up to your expectations, it is a real motivation for all of us

We hope to welcome you back to the Es Saadi Hotel soon.

Hotel General Manager
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I am writing from the hotel which I am (thx god!) leaving today! I spent 3 nights here and I never thought I would be so happy to go home. The service is terrible, staff do not care and make you feel like they are giving you a favour no matter what you ask for. The hotel is part of a resort which I was told I could have access to any facilities, but surprise, when we got here we tried to go to the biggest swimming pool (the one on all the pictures on the net), but we were refused the access. Apparently you have to stay in the "palace side" to be good enough to swim in it.. When checking in the hotel, i had been given a map with all hotel favilities but never had been told that I would not be welcome in some of them.
Service wise, if you dont mind asking 3/4 time for water , salt & pepper etc... This place is for you.
Food, just average.
Last day, non of the satf was suprised that myself and 30 other guests were towell less by the swimming pool and I had to make a fuss for someone realising that maybe their towel guy didnt show and maybe they needed to take care of us.
I will never return to this expensive hotel, and I advise you not to go!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Chtitelodie
Raïk B, Directeur général at Es Saadi Gardens & Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. Please accept my most sincere apologies for not having fulfilled your expectations.

Your comments have been transmitted to all departments. Regarding your comments about the swimming pool, indeed we do have a Palace & a five stars hotel in our Resort with a policie for each one that are clearly explain upon check in.

We have taken notes regarding the service in our restaurant and snack around the pool, we gave new instructions to the staff to insure an optimal service even for the towel to make sure it won't happen again.

Please rest assured that the comfort and the satisfaction of our guests are our first preoccupation. I thank you for your understanding and for helping us to improve the quality of our service.

Once again, let us express to you our most sincere regret for not having met your expectations.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at the Hotel Es Saadi to show you our improvements.

With all our very best regards.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Dont pay too much attention to the last reviewer having a moan. Me and my wife just came back from 5 days in the hotel and I couldn't fault anything. Breakfast was served until 1030, we would usually head down around 10am and never had any issues.

The hotel is in Hivernage which is a quiet yet upperclass area. Its nice to come back to this hotel and location after the hustle and bustle of the medina. It's still central and the Medina is either a 30 dirham or 20 min walk away. Hivernage itself has quite a few restaurants, bars and cafes.

The hotel rooms are nice and spacious the swimming pools are great, it has a very good gym as well as sports bar and restaurant. It also has a cash point, money exchange and the Saadi Palace and casino are next door as well if you are into that. Even if you dont like gambling it is entertaining and a good spot for some people watching. The customer service was really good as well, never got any complaints when we asked for things and staff were generally nice and polite. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Raïk B, Directeur général at Es Saadi Gardens & Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Es Saadi Hotel and for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay with us. We strive to provide exceptional service; therefore your feedback is exceedingly important as it acts as an indicator of how we are performing.

Indeed the location situation is really exceptionnal. Moreover breakfast is really attractive and various ( Moroccan specialities, special bread, cheese, pastries and ... ).

We are working very hard to ensure that all of our valued guests are completely satisfied. Therefore, I am glad to know that you left our hotel with pleasant memories. Rest assured that I have shared your kind words with our team; I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide all of our guests with the quality of service in which we take great pride.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans include Marrakech.

With best regards,

Lisbon, Portugal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

MINUS

- "has-been" good hotel, in european standards its maximum a 3 stars hotel
- some of the staff is unfriedly and insolent (obviously been working there too long)
- old and small rooms desperatly in need of renovation
- bad wifi connection

PLUS

+ location
+ garden
+ concierge staff

WEIRD EPISODE:

I arrive at 10.05 am for breakfast and, unlike in any other 5 star hotel, am denied the right to have breakfast...i go to the swimming-pool bar which also does not serve any food until 12.00...when i ask where can i get food, the answer is: "room service"...so i go to room, ask for breakfast in room service (which they dont serve in the pool) and then take the tray to the swimmimg-pool to have breakfast there (see picture in attachment).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank EverywhereElsewhere
Dear Guest,

I have paid special attention to your message regarding your dissatisfaction following your recent stay at the Hotel Es Saadi.

First of all, I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the hotel's location, garden and concierge staff. Our hotel is normally recognised for its exceptional service, nevertheless I am sorry that some of our facilities did not quite meet your expectations this time.

I have reviewed your comments regarding time service at the breakfast and know that I take this very seriously. Know that this is not at all a reflection of the high standard which we have set for our hotel; rest assured that I have communicated this with our Food & Beverage manager and that we have taken the proper measures to ensure that there are no similar occurrences in the future. Our Beakfast service is served everyday from 6H30 to 10H30 AM and even to 11H00 AM

With regards to the Wi-Fi Internet connection provided free of charge to our guests, we did in fact experience problems with our supplier. This problem has been solved.

I am hopeful that you have otherwise enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and to provide you with the service in which we take great pride the next time you are in Marrakech.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

My title was intended to give the viewers the understanding that a destination like Marrakech is in the process of growing however the environment for grand investment isn't there yet. Judging from the injection, things are moving.

The Hotel es Saadi Garden & Resort is a comfortable place to stay for short or long stay. The resort connected with the casino give a full variety of activities for the guests. The location of the hotel is relatively convenient in visiting other major sites. The top of the roof sign with the name of the hotel gives a easy landmark to return back. Hence I shall give this hotel the best in location.

Other facilities, I would give them as in par with any 4 stars hotels in the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charn P
Dear Mr.Charn P

This message to inform you that I carefully read your comment you wrote on TripAdvisor after your visit at the Es Saadi Hotel last week.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotels & Resort, and I deeply regret that some of our facilities has not been up to your expectations.
Usually, the quality of service of our hotel is held in high reputation, but this time, without any details on wich of facilities as you say has not been at the level of its notoriety, however I wish you could accept our apologies.

I want you to know that we consider all our friendly guests comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach an irreproachable level of service.

Hoping you will give us a chance to show you that the Es Saadi Hôtel can be up to your expectations, and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in this beautiful city of Marrakech

Yours faithfully.

Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I am a experienced and demanding traveller. After a 2 days stay at Es Saadi Hotel, I do not understand why this place got so many negative Feedbacks. Ok, you feel a bit like back to the 70`s when you see the installations of this Resort. However, rooms are large, bathrooms are more than ok, pool is ok, breakfast buffet very good but most of all the friendly staff make the difference.
For me this was a wonderful stay and when back to Marrakech will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Reto1961
Raïk B, Directeur général at Es Saadi Gardens & Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear guest,

We hope to welcome you back to the Es Saadi Hotel soon.

Hotel General Manager