Honestly this is right on the cusp of being a five star review, but I get the feeling our stay was so excellent because we went off season.
We stayed in the Atlas Suite on the corner of the hotel and thought it was overall lovely.
- The suite was massive, and the cleaning staff were in and out every time you left to turn down the bed, hoover and tidy behind you. Incredible service.
- The concierge staff were incredibly helpful, polite and welcoming. The vast majority of the staff were, but the concierge's and the restaurant staff spoke the best English.
- The bed was enormous. You could go with a friend and share the double bed without ever even touching.
- The restaurant was absolutely delcious, half board would be a wise investment.
- The pool was kept clean and sparkling, and pleasantly cool when you were trying to escape the merciless heat.
- The grounds were beautiful, and use of the gym facilities in the palace was very welcome and extremely convenient.
- the mountains were partially visible on a couple of occasions, the room is advertised for it's stunning view of them but the air is constantly full of sand/heat haze at that distance and you never see them.
- There was an incongruously grotty kitchen in the room. Everything was rather plush and lovely and freshly painted then there was this little box of crap tiles and lino. It was actually quite funny, in a surreal way.
- It's French Morocco, so the staff speak Arabic (faarsi?) and French, with English being a second language, not really a criticism but it made ordering lunches by the pool a bit of an adventure.
It's definitely a five star hotel from the 90's or so, but what do you expect in Africa? I can't even understand the one star reviews I've seen on here after having visited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not far from the bustling Medina full of history, in the heart of the peaceful Hivernage and in a 8-hectare green park, the Es Saadi Hotel is at 10-minute walk from Jemaa el-Fna, facing the snow-capped Atlas Mountains. The hotel has a 400m² swimming pool, heated in winter, and an Oriental Spa. The 150 keys' hotel, mainly composed of elegantly decorated air-conditioned rooms with balconies overlooking the pool or surrounding area. Suites and bungalows at the pool are included. 2 restaurants and a piano bar are available to guests. They also have privileged access to other facilities of the Es Saadi Marrakech Resort that are the Casino with its famous restaurant L'Epicurien and its late-dinning concept and the night club, the Theatro. It offers free Wi-Fi. Marrakech-Menara Airport is at 10 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Es Saadi Gardens & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Es Saadi Marrakech
- Hotel Es Saadi