All reviews rooftop pool jean paul private terrace relais chateaux laundry service room rate master suite an oasis hotel organised large suite orange blossom gorgeous hotel great spa main courtyard travel agent haven of peace spa treatments
Reviewed August 1, 2016

Wow, this place is paradise.

I booked this as a last minute break. I was so excited due to TripAdvisor reviews, my expectations were high, the villa did not disappoint.

We had a complimentary pick up from the airport. We were shown around the hotel, which was helpful so you knew your way around the riad.

Our room, WOW, the pictures on their site do not lie, they are exactly the same as real life. Welcome snacks and bottle of wine in the room. Snacks such as dried fruit and nuts in your room daily. Free soft drinks. The grounds and the rooms, spotless.
Location is within walking distance to the main square, we walked to the tombs, some of the palaces, museums, the Riad was so amazing it was hard to drag ourselves away. We got a taxi to sites a bit further out.

Due to technical difficulties beyond the hotels control, we had the pleasure of having the use of two different rooms, and they were equally as beautifully decorated and comfortable, cosy bed, perfect shower pressure. The second room had a large private patio.

I spent all my time around the upstairs pool. The view very nice. There were many lounges where you could sit and read your book or chat.

Breakfast and lunch are included. Love love loved it.

The staff are really really lovely. They all work well together which always makes a good atmosphere for their guests.

We had dinner twice in the restaurant, and if you don’t want the three course meal, you can have a lighter room menu meal. We only chose to eat out once. The food here is very special.

We had a couples hamman and relaxing massage in the Spa. A must! . My partner had a second massage a few days later.

I do hope to return one day.

Thank you to all the staff at the Riad, this place is truly special.

Room Tip: they are all special
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Villa Des Orangers for four nights and from the moment we walked in, it felt like home. We were picked up foc from the airport and from there the service has been impeccable. From Reception, to staff waiting on, to the ladies that swiftly move around keeping this beautiful Riad spick and span, you can't fault anything. We stayed in an incredible suite (all with Moroccan furnishings) with our own separate terrace but always wanted to use the beds by one of the three inviting pools. With only 27 rooms and suites, the hotel was never very busy. The French chef has designed the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus to perfection and you can enjoy wherever you want in the hotel... We chose to have our breakfasts under the pergola and everyday lunch was a joy with fresh Moroccan salads and 'plats du jour'. Dinner at night on two occasions were spent al fresco and once again couldn't be faulted. The Moroccan French fusions were spot on and some the best food we have had in Marrakesh. Manager Jean-Paul obviously does a fantastic job to run such a beautiful Riad and have such a warm, friendly and extremely helpful and hard working team. Only 10 minutes from the hurly burly of the main square the Hotel Des Orangers is an oasis. We will definitely return!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank helen c
Compagnon, Directeur général at La Villa des Orangers - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2016

Dear Helen,

Thank you for sharing your experience in a such detailed review.

Indeed, we try as much as possible to make our guests feel like home away from home.

The Chef is very thankful for your compliments and pleased that you enjoyed his creations.

We look forward to your next visit and wish you all the best.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

My husband and I travelled to Morocco for our 25th wedding anniversary. We stayed at Villa des Orangers in June 2016. This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in and we have travelled and stayed in many 5 star hotels around the world. This hotel offers a very good location with a tranquil, beautiful setting. Breakfast and lunch is included in the price and it is excellent food. Laundry service is complimentary. The staff are very polite and offer very good service particularly as they were observing to Ramadan. The rooms are spacious and very clean. We will return to stay at La Villa des Orangers again - absolutely outstanding!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
Compagnon, Directeur général at La Villa des Orangers - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2016

Dear Jen642016,

Thank you for choosing our property for such a special occasion.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and your husband and we look forward to your next visit.

Until then, on behalf of the whole team, I wish you all the best.

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, beautifully kept with wonderful facilities.
Excellent complimentary breakfast and lunch - a beautiful setting for dinner also should you wish to have a more relaxed evening dining experience than the cafes and bars in the medina can offer.
Free Laundry service was a great bonus and the staff could not have been more attentive.
An oasis in the heart of busy and sometimes overwhelming Marrakesh.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Compagnon, Directeur général at La Villa des Orangers - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Indeed, on season, we set tables around the pool for diner, which makes it special.

Our talented Chef offers a Mediterranean and Moroccan inspired gourmet menu.

It is true that our central location allows to visit Marrakesh old city's hidden treasure and to be back easily when it gets overwhelming.

We wish you all the best.

Reviewed July 10, 2016

My husband and I as well another couple spent at week in July 2016 at Villa des Orangers. I can honestly say that this is one of the best, if not the best hotel I've ever stayed in. We have traveled most of the world, always staying in 5-star hotels but have never found the kind of attention and courteous service that we received at Villa d es Orangers. The atmosphere at the hotel is one of peace and beauty and the staff is always ready to cater to your needs. Included in the price of your stay is breakfast and lunch as well as laundry. The meals provided were superb and the facility is kept immaculate. I was deeply touched when on July 5 I received s birthday present from the manager and staff. That particular detail touched me immensely since every year we travel to a different country to celebrate my birthday and no one has ever done that. I will definitely stay at Villa des Orangers when I return to Marrakech next year!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear Ladyrcz,

What a great review!!! We are touched and honored by your compliments.

Thank you for choosing our property to celebrate your birthday.

Indeed, In order to make our guests stays as confortable as possible, our rates include: breakfast, lunch, soft drinks open bar, laundry service and Marrakech airport transfers.

Looking forward to see you next year.

Sincerly,